GWT: PL Matchweek (mostly) 32 & 33 - not the Ndombele thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Iheanacho has really broken out this year.

upload_2021-4-22_15-56-54.png

Last edited:
Reactions: robertmac43

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
I had fully written him off as far as his capacity to cut it a top top level is concerned - he was never gonna be Dom Solanke, but it really did seem to me like mid-table club was gonna be his peak. Change of shape for Leicester has really brought out the best in him. He's not just scoring too, his all around play has been really really good.

Also, this was the third straight game that Conor Gallagher didn't play, and I'm not pleased about it

Reactions: Blender

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I had fully written him off as far as his capacity to cut it a top top level is concerned - he was never gonna be Dom Solanke, but it really did seem to me like mid-table club was gonna be his peak. Change of shape for Leicester has really brought out the best in him. He's not just scoring too, his all around play has been really really good.

Also, this was the third straight game that Conor Gallagher didn't play, and I'm not pleased about it
Also not pleased about the Gallagher situation. Though we don't play Gilmour at all either, so not like Gallagher would get better treatment here.

They broke it down at half time how their current shape has Vardy technically in the middle, but he's making some brilliant lateral runs to pull the defenders apart, which allows Iheanacho to run between them.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Also not pleased about the Gallagher situation. Though we don't play Gilmour at all either, so not like Gallagher would get better treatment here.

They broke it down at half time how their current shape has Vardy technically in the middle, but he's making some brilliant lateral runs to pull the defenders apart, which allows Iheanacho to run between them.

Can take a lot of solace in the fact that Gallagher has played a lot this year, though. If we have a pre-season this year, I think it's totally conceivable he'll play his way into Tuchel's plans. This week gave me new confusion about Gilmour - for months the line has been "Gilmour is absolutely a first team player, he's just #4 in the pecking order for a double pivot, and so he's stuck behind Kov, Jorg, and N'golo," and I genuinely bought it, especially given the form all three have been in. But with Kova injured and Kante rested, he played Mount there rather than Gilmour against Brighton. Sooooooooooo that's f***ing annoying. Gilmour was on the verge of a loan deal when Frank got the sack (literally was going to meet with him the afternoon that it happened). My hope is that, with a pre-season, Tuchel will have a full sense of who he wants in the first team and who should go out on loan. If Gilmour's not going to be a vital part of a rotation in those CM spots - and, I will give a lot of credit to Tuchel here, he rotates a lot - I want Gilmour on loan at any one of Villa, Southampton, Rangers, or Leeds.

Reactions: Blender

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Can take a lot of solace in the fact that Gallagher has played a lot this year, though. If we have a pre-season this year, I think it's totally conceivable he'll play his way into Tuchel's plans. This week gave me new confusion about Gilmour - for months the line has been "Gilmour is absolutely a first team player, he's just #4 in the pecking order for a double pivot, and so he's stuck behind Kov, Jorg, and N'golo," and I genuinely bought it, especially given the form all three have been in. But with Kova injured and Kante rested, he played Mount there rather than Gilmour against Brighton. Sooooooooooo that's f***ing annoying. Gilmour was on the verge of a loan deal when Frank got the sack (literally was going to meet with him the afternoon that it happened). My hope is that, with a pre-season, Tuchel will have a full sense of who he wants in the first team and who should go out on loan. If Gilmour's not going to be a vital part of a rotation in those CM spots - and, I will give a lot of credit to Tuchel here, he rotates a lot - I want Gilmour on loan at any one of Villa, Southampton, Rangers, or Leeds.
There have also been multiple games where Gilmour was not on the bench despite us having no midfielders on the bench because the only ones healthy were playing. Makes all those Tuchel statements about him being starting quality and part of the first team, just stuck on the depth chart, come off really hollow. Just doesn't make any sense to say you are keeping him as a rotation option because he's starting quality, only to never use him as a rotation option. Better he be loaned out to a club where he will get regular playing time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad