GWT: PL Matchweek 36

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Is Arsenal really bottling it? It should have been Tottenham’s since they signed Conte. I’d say Arsenal were always more of an underdog for 4th that Tottenham was
They are bottling it considering they were in the better position at the beginning of the day.

If we are talking about expectations at the start of the year, sure, I agree with you.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
They are bottling it considering they were in the better position at the beginning of the day.

If we are talking about expectations at the start of the year, sure, I agree with you.
Season is 38 weeks. I’d say Tottenham are the ones that have bottled if they don’t finish in 4th, not Arsenal.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA

Yeah Spurs bottled it in the first place by signing a manager who turned out to be absolutely stupid. This season would be in way different context if they signed Conte in the summer when he wanted to sign.

Reactions: robertmac43

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Season is 38 weeks. I’d say Tottenham are the ones that have bottled if they don’t finish in 4th, not Arsenal.
I mean, whatever helps you sleep at night.

Facts is, Arsenal were in a prime position to secure top 4 at the beginning of the day and, even with a loss, still are with two winnable match to go.

If they do not finish 4, they have bottled it. Huge missed opportunity.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

Facts is, Arsenal were in a prime position to secure top 4 at the beginning of the day and, even with a loss, still are with two winnable match to go.

I promise you nothing any of the London teams do effects my sleep negatively. I just don’t agree with that sentiment. In a 38 game season where everyone plays twice it’s not over until it’s over, and usually the team with the best manager and the best talent wins out. That ain’t Arsenal.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I promise you nothing any of the London teams do effects my sleep negatively. I just don’t agree with that sentiment. In a 38 game season where everyone plays twice it’s not over until it’s over, and usually the team with the best manager and the best talent wins out. That ain’t Arsenal.

When you'd have to drop points against Newcastle or Everton in order for this to happen, I would call it bottling

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I mean, I agree that all games count.

All I am saying is that, when the pressure is on, Arsenal would have bottled it if they do not qualify. Losing against Tottenham at Tottenham is fine. Not being able to secure top 4 against Newcastle and Everton, that would be a huge wasted opportunity.

5 would still be good considering the expectations at the beginning of the season... but now, the expectations have to have changed. If not, Arsenal has no ambition.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014

OR

we turn it around in the second and put them to bed tonight :D

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
When you'd have to drop points against Newcastle or Everton in order for this to happen, I would call it bottling
Everton is going to be tough if they are fighting to stay up. Tottenham have Norwich and Burnley which is a lot more easy.

I mean, I agree that all games count.

All I am saying is that, when the pressure is on, Arsenal would have bottled it if they do not qualify. Losing against Tottenham at Tottenham is fine. Not being able to secure top 4 against Newcastle and Everton, that would be a huge wasted opportunity.

5 would still be good considering the expectations at the beginning of the season... but now, the expectations have to have changed. If not, Arsenal has no ambition.
I think this is fair too.

I also think in general the phrase “bottled” is probably over used a bit.

Paul Tierney does though. :nod:
I’m sure Paul Tierney dreams of Harry Kane

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Hey, I am rooting for Arsenal, so I'd love that. But 10 men? Away? That would be quite the accomplishment.

I mean I would've considered Tottenham slight favourites even before all the ahem incidents, I'm just trying to pump myself up so I can watch the second half

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Everton is going to be tough if they are fighting to stay up. Tottenham have Norwich and Burnley which is a lot more easy.

I think this is fair too.

I also think in general the phrase “bottled” is probably over used a bit.

I’m sure Paul Tierney dreams of Harry Kane
Burnley is also going to be fighting to stay up.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
The man who dived for the penalty and jumped into Holdings arm is obviously going to score. :eek::eek::eek::eek:. I’m going to bed.

Reactions: S E P H

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I kind of thought there was a foul against Gabriel on that third goal....Not that it matters at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad