GWT: PL Matchweek 26 - Zack Snyder Extended Cut

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Exactly.

You're not forced to respond to the obvious comments that led to threads upon threads of derailment. Literally every single thread has people responding.

I used to come here for transfer news, and I couldn't even find the transfer fee for Ziyech. This used to be the best place to discuss soccer, but it's gone to ****.

Literally every thread here has gone to **** TBH because of this. No wonder Evilo left.

At least the baseball forum here is still lit.

Mods are also supposed to get rid of the people who do such things as you can’t expect a forum full of people to all ignore someone. That is the only reason they exist.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Mods are also supposed to get rid of the people who do such things as you can’t expect a forum full of people to all ignore someone. That is the only reason they exist.
Early stage Curtinho and Baxterman were running rampant. It was never this bad.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Mini break did Arsenal good.

And I laugh at those that still cling to the argument that Emery wasn't the problem.

Reactions: AB13

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Early stage Curtinho and Baxterman were running rampant. It was never this bad.

At the risk of getting warned so I'll be way shorter than usual, I'll leave this convo with I agree.

Mini break did Arsenal good.

And I laugh at those that still cling to the argument that Emery wasn't the problem.

He was the problem, but they still need a lot of players in order to become a strong team.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
He was the problem, but they still need a lot of players in order to become a strong team.

It's an unbalanced squad. I argued about the defence before but I agree about the argument of the midfield sucking.

Though Arteta has done wonders with Xhaka and even Mustafi is contributing to this team.

Still have hope that Arsenal can make it to CL next year with 4/5 place and/or Europa League win.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
It's an unbalanced squad. I argued about the defence before but I agree about the argument of the midfield sucking.

Though Arteta has done wonders with Xhaka and even Mustafi is contributing to this team.

Still have hope that Arsenal can make it to CL next year with 4/5 place and/or Europa League win.

Yeah, they could make it this year now. The City thing will be decided upon in May, and I think no matter what they'll be banned from Europe for a year. Potential points deductions would also hurt them badly next season. It's only 6 points behind and none of the teams ahead of Arsenal are any good.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
I can stop posting if people want me to. I do not intentionally troll at all, I say what I genuinely believe ( although I banter Tottenham over the top at times). I think I offer great, nuanced analysis of the game, and entertaining banter towards rivals, but if people don't see that, I can stop. Most people have been on here much longer than me so if they don't like me, I can stop, I owe you guys that.

Just please promise me to stop the unnecessary Arsenal hate, someone needs to stand up for us in my place. That is the main reason I comment.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I can stop posting if people want me to. I do not intentionally troll at all, I say what I genuinely believe ( although I banter Tottenham over the top at times). I think I offer great, nuanced analysis of the game, and entertaining banter towards rivals, but if people don't see that, I can stop.

You’re relatively new hear so I’ll give my opinion as someone who has been here for a while, not as a Spurs fan. In general we don’t “troll” on HF. If you want to talk trash about another team, you do it in your own team’s forum. Flyers fans bash the Penguins, etc plenty, but we do it (at least for the most part) in the Flyers forum. Not in the main section and certainly not in the Pens section. Most of us I think, know that if you do this kind of thing in the general section you are risking a thread ban or something.

So take that for what it’s worth. As a Spurs fan I really have zero interest in bashing Arsenal, regardless of the rivalry. I don’t really think those of us who post in here are interested in that kind of stuff, there are other places where you can do it, it’s a big internet.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
You’re relatively new hear so I’ll give my opinion as someone who has been here for a while, not as a Spurs fan. In general we don’t “troll” on HF. If you want to talk trash about another team, you do it in your own team’s forum. Flyers fans bash the Penguins, etc plenty, but we do it (at least for the most part) in the Flyers forum. Not in the main section and certainly not in the Pens section. Most of us I think, know that if you do this kind of thing in the general section you are risking a thread ban or something.

So take that for what it’s worth. As a Spurs fan I really have zero interest in bashing Arsenal, regardless of the rivalry. I don’t really think those of us who post in here are interested in that kind of stuff, there are other places where you can do it, it’s a big internet.

The anti Arsenal trolling is what makes me feel the need to fire back. People have genuinely said things like " Emery wasn't a problem", " Sheffield are as likely to sign Sancho as Arsenal", " Martinelli isn't much better than most big clubs top prospect " and " Arsenal don't have any world class players". That is just unnecessary trolling, I would like that to stop so I don't feel a need to stand up for Arsenal. But I will probably stop posting entirely because people hate me for some strange reason. I feel like this board benefits a lot from my great knowledge and bantering of rivals.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
The anti Arsenal trolling is what makes me feel the need to fire back. People have genuinely said things like " Emery wasn't a problem", " Sheffield are as likely to sign Sancho as Arsenal", " Martinelli isn't much better than most big clubs top prospect " and " Arsenal don't have any world class players". That is just unnecessary trolling, I would like that to stop so I don't feel a need to stand up for Arsenal. But I will probably stop posting entirely because people hate me for some strange reason. I feel like this board benefits a lot from my great knowledge and bantering of rivals.

Do whatever you have to do, but you might want to consider the possibility that the Arsenal comments you’re referring to are more or less a response to the stuff you’ve started. I don’t remember it in past years. Obviously people are going to make critical comments about teams. Others beside you comment about Spurs, people criticize Man U, Chelsea, etc. That can still be handled in a respectful way, and by respectful I mean respecting the purpose of the forum- which is just to have interesting discussions about football.

I’ve seen you make good, interesting posts, even in defense of Arsenal. No need for the other stuff really.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I suggest that Arteta needs to start cutting out some of the rubbish on this club.

Every single goal came through the feet of three players...

- Nicolas Pepe
- Bayako Saka
- Dani Ceballos

Everyone else can GTFO as far as I am concerned. Xhaka hasn't been bad since Arteta has been hired, but he kept giving the ball to Ceballos because he doesn't have the IQ or technique to give the forwards a dangerous direct ball over the top. What does Ozil honestly effin' do out there in the #10 role? I am not trying to bunch up on him, but he doesn't create enough, get in dangerous areas enough, or shoot enough. He is so Goddamn reluctant to shoot except if he has 5 yards of space and it's on his left foot. Mustafi ball watches so damn much and gets him out of position almost on every other play. Arsenal looked like they could've conceded five goals in that first half alone and he's either lost or losing his man on every corner. Those three are still probably the biggest players that need to be sold as soon as humanly possible.

I also argue that Ceballos gets too much hate on here, now I am not going to sit here and explain to you lot about how he's a good player in Times New Roman font at 12 points with 1.5 spacing. However, a lot on this board really undervalues the creative the lad has. Sure it isn't the best in the world, in the EPL, or even on Arsenal for that matter, but having a lad who can pass forward with precision is someone we've lacked since a prime and healthy Cazorla.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I suggest that Arteta needs to start cutting out some of the rubbish on this club.

Every single goal came through the feet of three players...

- Nicolas Pepe
- Bayako Saka
- Dani Ceballos

Everyone else can GTFO as far as I am concerned. Xhaka hasn't been bad since Arteta has been hired, but he kept giving the ball to Ceballos because he doesn't have the IQ or technique to give the forwards a dangerous direct ball over the top. What does Ozil honestly effin' do out there in the #10 role? I am not trying to bunch up on him, but he doesn't create enough, get in dangerous areas enough, or shoot enough. He is so Goddamn reluctant to shoot except if he has 5 yards of space and it's on his left foot. Mustafi ball watches so damn much and gets him out of position almost on every other play. Arsenal looked like they could've conceded five goals in that first half alone and he's either lost or losing his man on every corner. Those three are still probably the biggest players that need to be sold as soon as humanly possible.

I also argue that Ceballos gets too much hate on here, now I am not going to sit here and explain to you lot about how he's a good player in Times New Roman font at 12 points with 1.5 spacing. However, a lot on this board really undervalues the creative the lad has. Sure it isn't the best in the world, in the EPL, or even on Arsenal for that matter, but having a lad who can pass forward with precision is someone we've lacked since a prime and healthy Cazorla.

Watch your mouth he's the best creator in history.

Reactions: hatterson

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Looks fair to me. Dier vs Drinkwater. Battle of the two worst CMs in the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad