News Article: PK Subban: “We can beat these guys. We’re better."

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TonySoprano11

It's a very delicate situation.
Apr 8, 2006
Hayden, ID
Another choice quote from the article.

“It’s a situation now where all the pressure’s on [the Senators]. They’re up 3-1. They want to end this thing but they’ve got to beat us first, so good luck to them. We’ve been outshooting them every game. We’ve got good goaltending no matter who is in the net. So I wish them the best of luck.â€

Full article here: http://sports.nationalpost.com/2013...-than-senators-look-to-stave-off-elimination/

I actually kind of liked Subban before this series, I had no idea what a clown he was/is.

Pitlick*

I also was a fan of PK's before the series. Jumping our weakest player Turris, then punching him when down with linesman on top made me dislike him.

This comment is just amusing. It only makes PK look stupid. Of course he believes they can win, as every pro athlete should. But to publicize it, and give bulletin board material to opponent is stupid.

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
There's nothing wrong with what he said.

I disagree that all the pressure is on the Sens though.

I agree that there's nothing wrong with what he said, but the pressure comment... sure thing PK. You do realize that if Ottawa wins tonight, your team is done?!

If that isn't a ****ing revelation then I don't know what is.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
He's trying to put the pressure on the Sens after MacLean tried to deflect it away with his comments.

WhiteLight*

''We can beat these guys'' - very true, anything is possible. It could happen.

''We're better'' - meh. Possibly. Better on paper, or even better as whole, doesn't mean they'll be better in this particular 7 game series.

If what he says is true, which it might be, then they've completely wet the bed so far and are likely to continue that.

''Best of luck to them'' is just stupid to say. If the Sens are lucky like he wants them to be, they'll beat the Habs.

bacon25

Unenthusiastic User
Nov 29, 2010
Group Study Room F
Now Sens fans are the ones over-analyzing their opponents comments. Nothing to see here folks. Pretty tame comments considering the bad blood that has developed over the past 4 games.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
It's called leadership

Alfie said we would win Game 7 in 2004 against Toronto and we all backed him up

It isn't about what PK said, it's about if they win

IF they don't we get to make fun him, if they do he looks like a leader

Slow Hands

The feels
Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
Meh. Not that big of a deal. Hope the guys come out with a resounding victory so we can see him self destruct again.

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
If anyone here actually has a problem with what he said, you should probably really evaluate where you are in life, and where you would like to go.

If we were in Montreal's position, I would want someone on the Sens to say the exact same thing. Good leadership by PK.

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
Im not upset at PK for these comments, he has every right to think this way(as does every other NHL player). Not to mention for most of the series, Montreal has played well.

The lame duck attack on Turris is a bit uncharacteristic for him and what pisses me off. Claimed even if Turris said no he was still going to drop his gloves, bush league stuff right there.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
I think I would have a bigger problem if PF didn't say something like this. To come back from 3-1 you have to believe you can do it, good on him for trying to inspire his teammates. Hopefully the Sens realize this dog (i.e. Montreal) still has some fight left. We need our best effort tonight.

Northern Neighbour

Feb 27, 2008
somewhere south of the equator
He should believe his team is the better team. He should believe that the Habs are going to win tonight. As such, there's nothing wrong with what he said except for the part about the pressure being on Ottawa. That said, every year, players always use that line - the pressure is on them and not us.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
meh, PK is a great player. Everyone likes to jump on the bandwagon and hate him, but once he gets a bit more mature, he's going to be a cornerstone for that team for years to come. He's still basically a kid right now. I am impressed with him and just wish he'd tone down the antics.
I would take him on the Sens in a heartbeat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad