Rumor: Pittsburgh will "certainly try" to move Jarry.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
On the Chris Johnston podcast they got to a segment about Jarry, CJ said they didn't sign Ned to keep Jarry and that they would certainly try to trade him.

he's making 5.5 per for the next 5 years?

I think it's going to be tough to move, but I do wonder if Dubas call up his old buddy Brad and has a conversation, and yes according to Treliving he and Dubas are friends when he came here he said Dubas was one of the guys he had a great relationship with.

Now Jarry isn't my first choice but with Ottawa gaining momentum towards an Ullmark trade IF there is a Jarry deal Toronto does seem like the spot.

They need a goalie

Dubas knows the prospect system .

Jarry would be an upgrade over Samsonov

I'm not sure Jarry is traded but if he is Toronto seems like the spot

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
He can’t be worth much. I just hope they don’t trade him for a bad contract. Would rather have Jarry than some overpaid 3rd liner on a fat contract

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Calgary I think if you give them picks?

Pittsburgh is not desperate to move Jarry. No way are they adding picks to move him.

4 more years at $5.375 for a very average goalie. Big pass for me.

If we're taking a reclamation project I'd much rather go after Gibson. Far bigger upside.

Gibson cost more and sucks.

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
Pittsburgh is not desperate to move Jarry. No way are they adding picks to move him.

Gibson cost more and sucks.
Gibson does suck, but so does Jarry. Once upon a time Gibson was an elite goaltender, I'd rather bet on him rediscovering his form than bringing in Jarry who almost costs as much and isn't much better currently with no where near the upside.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Gibson does suck, but so does Jarry. Once upon a time Gibson was an elite goaltender, I'd rather bet on him rediscovering his form than bringing in Jarry who almost costs as much and isn't much better currently with no where near the upside.

Does Gibson suck or is he on the Ducks? I think he's on the Ducks

I will trade you a nice Kotkaniemi and Freddie for Jarry and Smith.

Retain a million on smith to make the cap hits the same.

Nobody wants K2 at that price

Blaylock38

Bleeds Blue & White
Jul 7, 2010
Hamilton
Unless Tor views him a a longer term answer in net, I don't see them being interested and allocating their cap space there.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
I will trade you a nice Kotkaniemi and Freddie for Jarry and Smith.

Retain a million on smith to make the cap hits the same.
I actually like this. I like the idea of rolling the dice on KK, and Freddie is a better goalie than Jarry.

And Smith is not a fit in Pittsburgh.

Also for the other posts, I wonder if a Jarry for Gibson swap makes sense. Both struggling, overpaid goalies that were once very good. Change of scenery could work

Reactions: HabsQC

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Jarry is not being moved here unless someone gives Dubas a really good trade. An all star goalie 2 years ago at 5.3 million for 4 years not really much. Pens move smith at the draft. Jarry plays 60 games and his record is better than most.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
There are a lot of dumb opinions on this site regarding Jarry. He's not anything special, but the dude has been the definition of a mid-tier starter for pretty much his entire career. Even last year, where everyone says he had some awful year, he finished with a +2.5 GSAx. I don't like using JFresh for analysis, but his chart from Jarry basically sums it up perfectly: he's super average:

He's a middling starting goalie with consistency issues, but based on how people on here talk about him, you'd think he'd be this absolute scrub of a goalie.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
There are a lot of dumb opinions on this site regarding Jarry. He's not anything special, but the dude has been the definition of a mid-tier starter for pretty much his entire career. Even last year, where everyone says he had some awful year, he finished with a +2.5 GSAx. I don't like using JFresh for analysis, but his chart from Jarry basically sums it up perfectly: he's super average:

He's a middling starting goalie with consistency issues, but based on how people on here talk about him, you'd think he'd be this absolute scrub of a goalie.

The problem is he paid higher than a mid goalie and his consistency issues make him a fringe starter despite his favorable GSAx and slightly above 900 save percentage.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Jarry is not being moved here unless someone gives Dubas a really good trade. An all star goalie 2 years ago at 5.3 million for 4 years not really much. Pens move smith at the draft. Jarry plays 60 games and his record is better than most.

If you expect his record to be good on Pittsburgh I got several bridges in Japan to sell you.

Pittsburgh is old and broken, they need to rebuild, they won't until Crosby is gone but they NEED a rebuild

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015

Gibson has 3 years at 1mil more. Have fun with that. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't trade for either but Gibson is not a better option than Jarry. He is toast

The problem is he paid higher than a mid goalie and his consistency issues make him a fringe starter despite his favorable GSAx and slightly above 900 save percentage.

with the cap shooting up this year and next goalie prices are going to jump. jarry is the 12th highest paid now but by next offseason he will be in the 20's. You are right that he makes too much this year but he will be in line for the last 3 years of his deal.

Reactions: HabzSauce

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

The idea that he's a "fringe starter" is not based on an actual comparison of leaguewide goaltending. He's clearly a mid tier starter, he's just a flawed one.

Goaltending in the NHL just sucks right now. Even with Jarry's consistency issues, he's always putting up league average-ish or better goaltending every year.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

Jarry has been massively better than Gibson in every single year in the last 5 years.

I think Jarry is super mid but this idea that Gibson is anything but bad needs to die. He sucks.

Reactions: MisterT

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Gibson has 3 years at 1mil more. Have fun with that. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't trade for either but Gibson is not a better option than Jarry. He is toast

with the cap shooting up this year and next goalie prices are going to jump. jarry is the 12th highest paid now but by next offseason he will be in the 20's. You are right that he makes too much this year but he will be in line for the last 3 years of his deal.

Is he toast or is he on the Ducks?

I think he's on the Ducks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad