Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread: Everything is proceeding as I foreseen

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I was never not in that position. I thought Fleury made sense to sign if he's bought out, I never said it made sense to trade for him.
You started a back and forth with me a while back because I said they didn't have $3-4M to spend on a back up goalie. I believe you called it "insanely shortsighted" and said they should sign Crawford or Greiss.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010

I'm also not ruling out marrying Sofia Vergara. May take a little creativity between, me, her, my wife, and her husband but I have not ruled it out.

YxYqukC.gif

Wanna know what was in the "wings box"? Bbq sauce and a letter from the lady to her ex husband asking him to come back.

I feel like the disappointment of opening that box would be similar to what we feel when we see the mechanics of a MAF trade.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I'm also not ruling out marrying Sofia Vergara. May take a little creativity between, me, her, my wife, and her husband but I have not ruled it out.

Wanna know what was in the "wings box"? Bbq sauce and a letter from the lady to her ex husband asking him to come back.

I feel like the disappointment of opening that box would be similar to what we feel when we see the mechanics of a MAF trade.

Just a piece of advice. Maybe don't run the idea by your wife. And make sure that she doesn't come here. However remote the possibility, however much you are kidding, you will never hear the end of it.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Yeah, on the real talk for a second, if Vegas would retain and take JJ, MAF becomes a lot more palatable as a trade, IMO.

I don't think there's any reason for Vegas to do that, to be clear, I'm just saying. If it did, hypothetically, go down like that, there's way worse ways to get JJ off the roster.
It should never get to the point of taking back another horrible contract.

Assuming no one wants him, you buy him out. Let’s not waste more time and cap with another crappy player.

I think it would also be a giant mistake to trade JJ with Murray; he will kill any value Murray has.

BUY HIM OUT

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
This makes the retaining even more plausible when Vegas can retain a small portion like 25% = 1.750 leaving 5.250 and the second team doing 50% = 2.625 of that for a final cap hit. That makes it much easier.

Or both just retain 25% and keep it at 3.5.

You should have kept that nugget to yourself. Haha.

can they do that? I thought the total retained could only be 50% even if it was two teams retaining...I didn’t think one team could retain 25% and a second team 50%, but we need @Riptide to weigh in...

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
can they do that? I thought the total retained could only be 50% even if it was two teams retaining...I didn’t think one team could retain 25% and a second team 50%, but we need @Riptide to weigh in...

Rob Scuderi

Pittsburgh retained 1/3 in the initial trade, now Chicago retained 50% of what they had been paying him. So at the end of the day, PIT, CHI, and LA are all paying 1/3 of his salary.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Rob Scuderi

Pittsburgh retained 1/3 in the initial trade, now Chicago retained 50% of what they had been paying him. So at the end of the day, PIT, CHI, and LA are all paying 1/3 of his salary.

that’s good...assuming the Pens are serious in entertaining MAF (and they shouldn’t be), no way should we be paying him $3.5 mil given our cap situation...

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh

If they are two separate trades they can. A given trade you can do a maximum of 50%. Fleury traded to team B and then team B trades him to the Pens. It's all teams taking on said risks. It can't be a traditional 3 way trade. It would need to be done individually. Like how they did the trade for Brassard. It was revoked because they did it out of order and not in compliance.

At least that's how I see it.

Reactions: Andy99

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh

Who knows?

Just a piece of advice. Maybe don't run the idea by your wife. And make sure that she doesn't come here. However remote the possibility, however much you are kidding, you will never hear the end of it.

But what if they're swingers?

We bought our house off a couple swingers in their golden age. <---We found that nugget out from the neighbors.:laugh:

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
I dont get what Vegas's plan was. After signing Lehner they have like 250k in cap space. Literally no leverage to move Fleury's entire 7m caphit.

Reactions: DRAGO 18

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Canucks more eager on Ekman-Larsson, Hall could entertain short-term deal - Sportsnet.ca

2 potentially Penguins related hits:

1. Friedman says that Chicago is interested in Murray, echoing what Garrioch said earlier yesterday
2. Johnston said that Vegas is going to try to find a 3rd team to retain on Fleury. That actually makes acquiring Fleury more palatable for the Penguins. I think Vegas is doing this so they don't eat any of Fleury's contract though, but if Vegas was willing to retain some as well, they could get Fleury down to a price that works for the Penguins. Something like half retained by team B and $1 million retained by Vegas makes this work for the Penguins.

Lol! Vegas retain 1M, 2nd team retains 3M, Pens get him at 3M.

Pens need to forget about Fleury already, move on with Jarry.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad