Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread: Everything is proceeding as I foreseen

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Well, you’re better off seeing how Poulin looks on L3 if he even makes the team and seeing what ZMR does with a healthy Malkin and some more normal time together. Bonus seeing how things look without JJ behind them.

3rd line Zucker might mean trading him or McCann for a 3C.

Oh, I know that's what they will do . . . instead of what actually worked last season (Jake-Malkin-Rust and Sid paired with Zucker).

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
4h8tng.gif

Reactions: Andy99

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Oh, I know that's what they will do . . . instead of what actually worked last season (Jake-Malkin-Rust and Sid paired with Zucker).

In the end I'll still stand by my stance of adding that one guy who can actually make a line work. They have all the fillers they can handle. Now I'm not opposed to a winger being that guy, but I don't think it is McCann, Zucker or whoever, though.

Unless... they want to go..

Zucker, Crosby, __?__
__?__, Malkin, Rust
Guentzel, McCann, Kapanen

So..Poulin could conceivably be Geno's LW or Sid's RW, but who's the next filler? O'Connor?

They certainly can survive a tryout. I'm not sold on the centers at hand, if they upgrade that position Guentzel moves back up wherever.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
In the end I'll still stand by my stance of adding that one guy who can actually make a line work. They have all the fillers they can handle. Now I'm not opposed to a winger being that guy, but I don't think it is McCann, Zucker or whoever, though.

Zucker, Crosby, __?__
__?__, Malkin, Rust

So..Poulin could conceivably be Geno's LW or Sid's RW, but who's the next filler? O'Connor?

They certainly can survive a tryout. I'm not sold on the centers at hand, if they upgrade that position Guentzel moves back up wherever.

They won't do that. :laugh:

Jobeycool

Jun 20, 2019
  • maybe JJ and MM both get moved at the draft,but this is not looking good for a 1rst rounder..

Jobeycool

Jun 20, 2019

Zucker, Crosby, __?__
__?__, Malkin, Rust

Jobeycool

Jun 20, 2019

Zucker, Crosby, __?__
__?__, Malkin, Rust

They would have to draft those 2 spots,they cost to much money.Maybe Sam Poulin can play with Sid?

Last edited:

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Chicago, LA did it, Tampa was crazy flooded and the Pens themselves.

When did Chicago or LA put their 1st and 3rd best wingers on the 3rd line?

The top six in 2012 was Brown Kopitar Williams / Penner - Richards - Carter. In 2014 it was Gaborik - Kopitar - Brown / Pearson - Carter - Toffoli.

CHI has always ran Kane, Toews, Hossa in the top six.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
When did Chicago or LA put their 1st and 3rd best wingers on the 3rd line?

Chicago dropped Hossa, and LA had some depth created by moves just as the playoff came about and added Carter the first year who plays both wing and center, and the following cup they won they brought in Gaborik. They were flooded with top six caliber wings.

You are limiting it to wings, but top six talent was dropped for all of those teams.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
@Tom Hanks
Tom Hanks said:
That’s not really up to the Pens though. Income for teams will be down, he still has 3 years, he’s not very good and how good are our sweeteners really to take him on.

Would you take on JJ for an extra 2nd round pick or any of our “moveable” prospects? Term is the killer.

JR is going to have to call in a favour or “owe” someone to move JJ.

On the flip side, JJ is only owed 8.25m over those 3 years. Less when JR likely has to retain a little of that. Paying a D ~2-2.75m or so (dependent on what JR retains) isn't all that expensive big picture.

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
With no Simon:

Guentzel-Crosby-Kapanen
Zucker-Malkin-Rust
Poulin/O'Connor-McCann-Tanev
UFA-Blueger-Sceviour
Lafferty-ZAR

Sounds about right to me.

That bottom six is going to be the death of us. If the top six doesn’t score the bottom six sure as hell won’t unless GMJR pulls a rabbit out of his ass to get some higher end depth there.

Each time we won the cup our bottom six was our competitive advantage. As currently shown on paper that’s a lot of bleh.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
@Tom Hanks

On the flip side, JJ is only owed 8.25m over those 3 years. Less when JR likely has to retain a little of that. Paying a D ~2-2.75m or so (dependent on what JR retains) isn't all that expensive big picture.

Yeah that’s true. The 3 years wasn’t just because of money though it’s 3 years of a bad player. Do we have the sweeteners (we’d give up) good enough for a team to accept it?

There’s a good chance a team could get a better D man for less term and/or money in free agency or take on something that works better in trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad