GDT: PIT vs CBJ Sat Mar 30 @7pm edt

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Your expectations just aren’t realistic. His job is to get points and lead his team. But that only goes so far. It’s not his responsibility to assemble the team or hire/fire the coaches or management.

Maybe you like a guy like McDavid who gets coaches fired just so he can be comfortable? That hasn’t really worked out well for his team either though.

Personally, I think the players should play, the coaches should coach, and the GMs should manage. If you want the guy to be Reggie Dunlop, it’s going to take something away from his game on the ice.
I just want the guy to act like he genuinely gives a shit. After more than half a decade of steep slide, I'd hope he'd voice his concerns about how few grains of sand his career has left in the hourglass--maybe he's just kind of resigned to it all at this point.

I'm not expecting a dude who has been coached on cliche media speak bullshit since he was like 10 years old to come out and torch the team or his coach publicly, but all it'd take is one passing mention about the direction of the team from the dude behind closed doors to send Sullivan packing yesterday. But I think everybody knows that, and it's easier to say Sid should focus on playing instead of accepting that he's a colossal part of the reason Sully's still here. /shrug

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Sullivan just drives me mad…zero reason for Poulin and PoolParty to only play 1-2 minutes that period…Carter w double that lol…terrible coaching…just like he fixed EK’s game and has improved the play of Smith, Graves from their last teams lol

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
The Capitals, Flyers, and Islanders are all losing at the moment, and the Red Wings already lost today.

If the Penguins could get a win, things could start to get interesting.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Letang's contract is going to be an albatross.

His play in the last month is the reason we have cratered.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019

f0939b21-5b52-4e67-bad6-0ed4cfaf428b_text.gif

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I just love that Sulivan has been on record saying that he doesn't want to overcoach the powerplay because he trusts the player's instincts.

But then you watch the pp and it's clear as day that the players have no plan other than f***ing around with the puck on the perimeter and hoping something opens up.

Like if you watch that Letang pass that lead to the SHG yeah he fanned on it but even if he hadn't what was the likely result there? He was doing a slow slap pass cross seam to Rust who would have been in no position to do anything with it.

Then you watch powerplays that have half a clue and every pass is made with a purpose and they're never stalling for time hoping that something opens up.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Sullivan just drives me mad…zero reason for Poulin and PoolParty to only play 1-2 minutes that period…Carter w double that lol…terrible coaching…just like he fixed EK’s game and has improved the play of Smith, Graves from their last teams lol
Should trade all our young players for old players. Sullivan would be happy, no longer has to use his fake "playing young players is not important, it's essential" line.

Reactions: Andy99

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
I just love that Sulivan has been on record saying that he doesn't want to overcoach the powerplay because he trusts the player's instincts.

But then you watch the pp and it's clear as day that the players have no plan other than f***ing around with the puck on the perimeter and hoping something opens up.

Like if you watch that Letang pass that lead to the SHG yeah he fanned on it but even if he hadn't what was the likely result there? He was doing a slow slap pass cross seam to Rust who would have been in no position to do anything with it.

Then you watch powerplays that have half a clue and every pass is made with a purpose and they're never stalling for time hoping that something opens up.
It's amazing

Reactions: Pancakes

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019

I just think it's hilarious that this power play is so bad they should genuinely be spending like half the time in practice coaching how to recover from SH odd man rushes. :laugh:

Reactions: Pancakes

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Unbelievable to have JC out there in the kill. If the puck doesn’t hit him, he has no chance to get close to the puck. It’s so crazy.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Unbelievable to have JC out there in the kill. Of the consent hit him, he has no chance to get close to the puck. It’s so crazy.
he keeps him for face offs, thats the weirdest thing, they also believe that all the tall players with long sticks belong on PP

just when I think Bunting is good addition, he has the game like tonight, unable to get to the puck, can't take the pass, justb looking like he never stopped on ice before

Reactions: canadianguy77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad