PTO: [PIT] D Nikolai Knyzhov signs PTO with the Penguins

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Couldn’t stick with the Sharks last year? Seems promising.

200w.gif

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
He asked but they were too scared to tell him no because they couldn't pronounce his last name.

I imagine this is more of a WBS tryout than anything. Penguins have quite the collection of bottom pairing depth guys, some of who played very well for them last year: Jack St. Ivany, Ryan Shea, and John Ludvig, and then we added Sebastian Aho and Filip Král. Then you have Pickering who could easily push for a spot

Reactions: BHD

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Pens have a relatively busy preseason and wrap up with 5 games in the final 7 days including a neutral site game in Ontario and finishing with a back-to-back against Columbus.

I'd wager a donut that Knyzhov travels with the B-team to Detroit (September 28) and Columbus (October 3).

Dennis Reynolds

I have to have my tools!
Jun 10, 2011
Paddy's Pub
Unfortunately injuries derailed his career. Always felt like he had the potential to be a rock solid 3rd pairing NHL Dman with maybe 2nd pairing upside. I really liked his game earlier on in his time with the Sharks, hope he sticks with the Pens.
If he's healthy and has been training to get back to his level from a couple years ago, he's a better player than multiple current Pens defensemen.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I would love to see Knyzhov revitalize his career. Always liked him, was bummed when he had that big injury a couple years ago. He was just okay in the AHL last year so I don't know if he'll earn an NHL contract, but it's worth noting that he was a solid partner to Karlsson before he got hurt.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Everyone kept saying injuries but didn't mention what they were, I looked it up and holy crap. He's a walking band-aid.

And then he also tore his Achilles heel the next year. Jeez.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
This is a no risk, moderate reward move. We Sharks fans had hopes he would be a #4/5 d-man before his injuries/health issues.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
This is a no risk, moderate reward move. We Sharks fans had hopes he would be a #4/5 d-man before his injuries/health issues.

Was wondering where he disappeared to, didn't realize it was major injuries. Sheesh.

As an opponent he was always solid and promising looking. hope he can revitalize his career.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
Was wondering where he disappeared to, didn't realize it was major injuries. Sheesh.

As an opponent he was always solid and promising looking. hope he can revitalize his career.
He had corrective surgery for a groin/sports hernia injury which resulted in a terrible staph infection during recovery followed by an Achilles injury while working out. Guy couldn’t catch a break. Had a promising career pre-injury.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad