Proposal: PIT / ANA

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Andy P

Dec 21, 2018
To Pitt: Rakell
To Anaheim: Petterson and Kapanen

I don’t believe this trade alone gets it done but soemthing of a base around this perhaps? The two clubs have traded with each other a couple times in the past and seem to potentially fill a need for both teams. Essentially Kapanen for rakell due to similar salaries and a change of scenery but Petterson thrown in to fill in as a replacement to Lindholm who looks to be on his way out and frees up cap space to sign rust Malkin letang in offseason. Thoughts? Who needs to add

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Is every Pens proposal Petterson and Kapanen?

Most of them. With Zucker as the other option (although his value is probably pretty meh). And I'm actually on the fence with trading MP as he's been playing pretty well this year. The only issue is we have POJ in the minors who while not MP come PO time (at least for 2022), should be good enough to replace him in the regular season and at a far lower cap hit. Kapanen looked great last season with Malkin, and this year is really struggling. That said, I don't think his trade value is as low as some believe. Sure it's not great, but he's still likely seen as a 20g/45pt+ 2nd line winger with great speed. It's just not clicking this year and PIT has enough complementary pieces to move around in Carter, McGinn, Heinen and Rodrigues that Kapanen with what he's done this year can be replaced internally. That said, in an ideal situation the goal would be to bring in a RW that could work with Zucker and Malkin on L2 - or a LW with Kappy on RW. But I think that would be far harder to pull off as it would mean moving Zucker+.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Most of them. With Zucker as the other option (although his value is probably pretty meh). And I'm actually on the fence with trading MP as he's been playing pretty well this year. The only issue is we have POJ in the minors who while not MP come PO time (at least for 2022), should be good enough to replace him in the regular season and at a far lower cap hit. Kapanen looked great last season with Malkin, and this year is really struggling. That said, I don't think his trade value is as low as some believe. Sure it's not great, but he's still likely seen as a 20g/45pt+ 2nd line winger with great speed. It's just not clicking this year and PIT has enough complementary pieces to move around in Carter, McGinn, Heinen and Rodrigues that Kapanen with what he's done this year can be replaced internally. That said, in an ideal situation the goal would be to bring in a RW that could work with Zucker and Malkin on L2 - or a LW with Kappy on RW. But I think that would be far harder to pull off as it would mean moving Zucker+.
Hi Rip, how come you're not posting more on the Pens forum? Haven't seen you there in quite some time.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
So what would Anaheim have to add? Maybe a 3rd or 4th?
Conditional pick that turns into a 1st if Rakell doesn't re-sign or if the Pens don't make it to the finals with him or something, to protect the team from losing 2 players like that.

Otherwise that's just way too much to give up for a rental.

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
Completely uninterested unless it’s possible to immediately turn around and flip these 2 players for greater value than what we gave up in the first trade.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Why is a rebuilding team trading a conditional 1st round pick?
The whole trade is stupid. Pens give up two young players and take back an injury prone winger that could walk for nothing and the Pens now have to fill two make holes.

From the start it makes no sense. It's a No.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
I dont think the move makes too much sense for Anaheim... were prob looking for picks/prospects more
Are you though? First let's both agree to a no to this sort of deal. It's a bad proposal.

But do you really think Verbeek is just looking to keep rebuilding when he has Zegras and Terry both showing they can do more right now and don't need to be nursed into a rebuild.

Also you lot have Gibson and a defense that's a good mix of youth and vets. I think Anaheim is probably looking at adding solid character pieces to buffer those two young talented studs while also looking to continuously add solid picks and prospects.

I mean I'd say the Ducks are closer to a proper team than the laughable mess that are the Oilers.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Are you though? First let's both agree to a no to this sort of deal. It's a bad proposal.

But do you really think Verbeek is just looking to keep rebuilding when he has Zegras and Terry both showing they can do more right now and don't need to be nursed into a rebuild.

Also you lot have Gibson and a defense that's a good mix of youth and vets. I think Anaheim is probably looking at adding solid character pieces to buffer those two young talented studs while also looking to continuously add solid picks and prospects.

I mean I'd say the Ducks are closer to a proper team than the laughable mess that are the Oilers.
Maybe… but idk if kapanen and Peterson are the right players to bring in…. I don’t mind making hockey trades for the right players boeser , fiala, chychrun etc

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Maybe… but idk if kapanen and Peterson are the right players to bring in…. I don’t mind making hockey trades for the right players boeser , fiala, chychrun etc
Yeah those will also cost a ton and for some also massive cap space which the Ducks do have but also some young studs will need to get paid as well.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Andy P

Dec 21, 2018
The whole trade is stupid. Pens give up two young players and take back an injury prone winger that could walk for nothing and the Pens now have to fill two make holes.

From the start it makes no sense. It's a No.
How is this trade stupid? The whole point of this trade is to cut cap space for the pens to resign their core players this offseason and anaheim replaces Lindholdm with Petterson who is cost controlled and can play in their top 4 behind Fowler and Kapanen is a young player still with upside. Pens just need a change from Kapanen and Rakell could potentially help and if not then they let him walk or trade his rights before the draft.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Hi Rip, how come you're not posting more on the Pens forum? Haven't seen you there in quite some time.
Different job with tons of OT and no free time. I barely post on here at all now - maybe a dozen or so posts since the new year. Have been on a little more nearing the TD to keep up with trades and such, but usually just scan the topic headers vs actually reading the comments.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad