Pietrangelo (not Backes) Groin Spear

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Cawz

Sep 18, 2003
Oiler fan in Calgary
Visit site
Pietrangelo (not Backes) is the latest to spear someone in the nuts (ironically Pouliot, who did the same to a Wings player a few games ago).

Seriously, what is wrong with these people? What kind of man spears someone in the nuts? How can players look a teammate in the eye after they do that? This seems to be happening way too often (once is too often).

From the Oilers feed replay (added after the fact by a moderator):

nutshot.png

Last edited:

Cawz

Sep 18, 2003
Oiler fan in Calgary
Visit site
Did I miss it? I watched the entire game...when did it happen?

Need a video.

After the final whistle. It was the reason for the scrum at the end of the game. Sorry, I don't have a video. They showed it on the Oilers replay and he stuck him between the legs twice from behind.

Seriously, who does that? What the ****s wrong with people.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
Backes is the latest to spear someone in the nuts (ironically Pouliot, who did the same to a Wings player a few games ago).

Seriously, what is wrong with these people? What kind of man spears someone in the nuts? How can players look a teammate in the eye after they do that? This seems to be happening way too often (once is too often).

That sounds way too dramatic.

zachws6

Nov 8, 2010
STL
Needing some footage here? Like, 30 seconds worth would be awesome. Fox sports midwest didn't have a little piece of that scrum.

An Oilers fan posted this following statement though, so I'm confused...

Pouliot going ball spearing again

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I missed it to on the Blues feed. We had no idea what it was about. Announcers only mentioned Pouliot doing something to Pietrangelo and Backes went after him.

This isnt like Backes....he usually just tries to maul someone(it's hard to watch because he sucks at fighting). But nothing that's actually dirty play

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
This is so unlike Backes. He usually gets all hot and bothered after the final whistle when we lose. Not when we win though

Cawz

Sep 18, 2003
Oiler fan in Calgary
Visit site
That sounds way too dramatic.
I don't think so. I could never respect someone who jabs at people's nuts. At least cross-check the guy or punch him or something.

I missed it to on the Blues feed. We had no idea what it was about. Announcers only mentioned Pouliot doing something to Pietrangelo and Backes went after him.

This isnt like Backes....he usually just tries to maul someone(it's hard to watch because he sucks at fighting). But nothing that's actually dirty play

Pouliot was cross-checking Pietrangelo from behind and so Backes gave him the business between the legs from behind. Pouliot went after Backes and the scrum ensued.

I just cant believe that every other week it seems someones sticking someone in the nuts in a professional hockey league. Is this what happens when they try to take fighting out of the league?

Cawz

Sep 18, 2003
Oiler fan in Calgary
Visit site
Needing some footage here? Like, 30 seconds worth would be awesome. Fox sports midwest didn't have a little piece of that scrum.

An Oilers fan posted this following statement though, so I'm confused...

No idea what he was getting at, unless Pouliot did it as well. They didn't show Pouliot spearing anyone in the replay I saw. Just cross-checking in the back.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I don't think so. I could never respect someone who jabs at people's nuts. At least cross-check the guy or punch him or something.

Pouliot was cross-checking Pietrangelo from behind and so Backes gave him the business between the legs from behind. Pouliot went after Backes and the scrum ensued.

I just cant believe that every other week it seems someones sticking someone in the nuts in a professional hockey league. Is this what happens when they try to take fighting out of the league?
I went back and watched it. Pouliot was cross-checking Bouwmeester and Pietrangelo wacked Pouliot in what looks to be the groin, the angle looks like it's on the leg but the motion indicate groin. Backes then engages Pouliot after he goes after Pietrangelo.

So it was our alterboy that did it...lol

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Apparently you shouldn't mess with Petro, didn't know he had it in him.

Nah....it was more of a tapping....Pouliot didn't pay much attention to it till he was done abusing Bouwmeester lolz. He's still the same squishy pie we know and love

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad