News Article: Pierre Houde Named to Hall of Fame (Foster Hewitt Award)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Holy f*** that's so weird! But he would've been good after getting used to it.

He's definitely the voice of the Canadiens (and F1) for me. An absolute legend. Well deserved.

Coup d'théâtre!
Et le but!
Ma parole!
ET ON ROULE À MONTRÉAL!
It’s weird, for me, the racing start that stuck in my head (and prolly because of the Villneuve magical season), was ET ON ROULE À MAGNY-COURS!

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
He's like Bob Cole for me, growing up my parents were huge Habs fans but of course you could only watch the Habs on RDS or TQS.

So most of the iconic moments of the regular season, even not knowing french, are in his voice until things got more accessible for the Habs in English.

Reactions: Toene

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
It’s weird, for me, the racing start that stuck in my head (and prolly because of the Villneuve magical season), was ET ON ROULE À MAGNY-COURS!
Makes me realize I'm probably wrong, I think he says "au circuit Gilles-Villeneuve" when it's in Montreal.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: dinodebino

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
I dont like necessary like the way he rise up. Good for him, he gots phenomenals contacts. But since he gots the job, he was THE guy by a fair margin... The better one since Quenneville.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I am old enough to remember when houde did games for tsn on an emergency basis. That was probably around the mid to late 90s.

I don't speak French but I loved listening to houde in French. He has that trait like Bob cole where he knows when to amp it up.

Few guys capture the feeling and energy of the game like houde.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
There's a very, very, very short list of people that I would've liked to be, and Pierre Houde is definitely on it, probably more than once.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad