Phoenix LXII: Abandon Hope all Ye Who Enter Here

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

mesamonster

Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ.
This is a business thread I realize, but to do any form of commerce or business you need people motivated to provide either a product or service to an identified customer! I have yet to see the individual willing to provide that product or service and better yet I have not seen or heard of the customer they may be attempting to sell to. Hello!!! GJ where are you? Was that GB I just heard in the distance prodding you to remain out of touch and out of contact with anyone (that includes the press) who may misinterpret your presence with your intention to buy the Coyotes! WE would not want to give anyone the false impression that perhaps you are for real!

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
just curious did anyone from the Moose front office or coaching staff make the move to St Johns or did they start from scratch.

A couple did work for the Moose

CRAIG HEISINGER - General Manager

KEITH McCAMBRIDGE - Head Coach

RICK ST. CROIX - Goaltender Coach ( has moved on to be with the Leafs )

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Like a walking Jukebox Im afraid. Perfect soundtrack to whatevers opined. Strange kind of insanity I suppose.

How do you know so much about Ottawa, one of my favourite places in Canada young fella?.

Grew up there, so it will always be close to my heart, and it's still one of my top two favourite Canadian cities, and I've live in several, you from Ottawa Killion?

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Grew up there, so it will always be close to my heart, and it's still one of my top two favourite Canadian cities, and I've live in several, you from Ottawa Killion?

...no, I grew up in Toronto but had an eccentric genius Uncle who worked for the NRC in Ottawa, rambling old mansion. He too Certifiable. Top secret stuff for the DND, Norad & so on. Used to visit quite a bit. Skating on the Rideau. The fantastic museums and uh oh, seriously off-topic. :laugh:

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
That is correct, however just to clarify. TNSE owns the IceCaps, but they are currently being leased (on a 3 year term if I recall correctly) by local businessman and former Premier Danny Williams.

The IceCaps have been a huge success so far with every home game sold out since they started and somewhere in the range of 6000 season ticket holders. Mile One Centre only has 6300 seats for hockey. I assume Danny Williams will try very hard to acquire full ownership after the current lease is up.

that was extended to 4 years but it was unlikely Williams will buy the franchise outright....

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
So now that Lieberman is retiring and his last meeting is October 30 will he be able to sing like a canary about all that has gone on in executive session? open the floodgates with information prior to the election?

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Another half month has passed and nothing new. :( November 1st is coming fast.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Another half month has passed and nothing new. :( November 1st is coming fast.

... honestly, I dont think anything can or will happen at this stage in the game Kevy. There are just too many loose ends, unknowns all working against the closing of a deal. A lengthy Laundry List of things that need to be cleaned up & aired, time on the clock of Junes' agreement expired, Dead League Walking.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

... honestly, I dont think anything can or will happen at this stage in the game Kevy. There are just too many loose ends, unknowns all working against the closing of a deal. A lengthy Laundry List of things that need to be cleaned up & aired, time on the clock of Junes' agreement expired, Dead League Walking.

I believe you are right. I just don't understand how they let it get to this point.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
I believe you are right. I just don't understand how they let it get to this point.

... you have to go right back to the WHA/NHL Amalgamation Agreement in 79, long simmering enmities within the league, the impossible situation Winnipeg was put in circa 95-96 with goalposts moved all over the field, the intransigence of Burke & Gluckstern; Jerry Colangelo's relationship with Gary Bettman. Ellmans' failure to get the arena deal done in Scottsdale & what followed all the direct result of what was planted over 30yrs ago.

DancesWithWookies

Aug 22, 2011
This will all end when the new city council is in place and reject the rediculous arena management plan. Then the team moves to Quebec City or possibly Seattle. Thats it, thats all there is to it. Jamison wont get the arena deal he wants before a new city council is sworn in.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
This will all end when the new city council is in place and reject the rediculous arena management plan. Then the team moves to Quebec City or possibly Seattle. Thats it, thats all there is to it. Jamison wont get the arena deal he wants before a new city council is sworn in.

I am starting to get the same feeling about this deal. I think that the current council and the acting city manager are likely to defer this decision to the next mayor and council, and see where it goes from there. If a majority of the new council is in favor of the deal, they can go ahead and push through. By then, they'll also know whether the sales tax increase has been reversed. In the meantime, nobody is going to campaign hard on a platform that includes a large subsidy for the Coyotes and an increased sales tax. Instead, they might decide to focus on identity politics and other objectionable tactics to divert the attention of voters away from the dire financial situation and the generous Coyotes subsidy.

Puckschmuck*

^ When will the new city council be sworn in again? And also when will the election be held?

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
^ When will the new city council be sworn in again?

January 2013 , election November

or of you asked L'ill Gary "weeks not months" or Willy d. " imminently or 2 weeks" I think these guys may be operating on Saturn time.:shakehead talk about a broken LP thses guys are stuck in the 70's.;)

I would ask willy D. exactly when is the train coming into the station or has it hit the wall? remember that comment from 2 years ago.:laugh:

I would ask l'ill Gary, exactly when do weeks become months? .:laugh:

I guess we have a whole new "kettle of fish"with the election coming up and the sale and lease still pending. thanks l'ill Gary.:)

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
"This situation is not of infinite duration... We fully expect this to close
within 2 weeks. Reports to the contrary are baseless and without foundation".

Evil. Dastardly. All I got for now. :eviltongu

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

To steal a line from my younger, (competitive) chess playing days...

After 3 years I have no idea what the end game will look like. That is insane!

Last edited by a moderator:

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Yeah, but then again for three years now you guys have been saying every single new straw that falls every couple of months is the one that is finally going break this camel's back.

If you throw enough crap at the wall sooner or later some of it will stick! lolll

I am still sure the team will stay. I just can't believe it has taken so long to make this go away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad