Value of: Phillip Danault

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
His 3 season in LA he's gotten 51, 54, and 47 points. Pretending that 47 points us some high drop off is pretty disingenuous, especially when he's known more for his 2 way play anyway.

Toronto should be all over him.
1. What cap space? We need to get a 1AG, 2 top 4D, extend domi+bert or replace them
2. What available assets (Cowan is too promising to deal and he is only leafs prospect with solidified high value)

Doubt kings deal him for 2024 1st + Filler prospect type offer from the leafs

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
So you're not going to count the two 47 point season's where he didn't even play the full season?

Okay bud.
His numbers tell us he produces at a 45 pt clip bud.....do the math... 351 pts 631 games.....So the consistant 50 pt comment is still not right.
He is still not worth the money, but as stated a good two way guy, good on the dot.

• Haha
Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
His numbers tell us he produces at a 45 pt clip bud.....do the math... 351 pts 631 games.....So the consistant 50 pt comment is still not right.
He is still not worth the money, but as stated a good two way guy, good on the dot.
He's literally averaged 50.66 points the past three seasons.

But here you are including career PPG even his first three seasons where he averaged 12 minutes of ice time.

Just say you're delusional instead; it's a lot easier.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
He's literally averaged 50.66 points the past three seasons.

But here you are including career PPG even his first three seasons where he averaged 12 minutes of ice time.

Just say you're delusional instead; it's a lot easier.
LOL.....keep em coming man!!
If you keep saying so, it will be true right!!
You, are more consistent than Phil

We all love sample sizes....

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
LOL.....keep em coming man!!
If you keep saying so, it will be true right!!
You, are more consistent than Phil

We all love sample sizes....
3 years is a small sample size?

You probably think Corey Perry is still a 50 goal scorer. :laugh:

Budz

Jan 28, 2013
I would do Morgan Rielly and Kampf for him and a 2nd from LA. Then blow my brains out in FA. Signing 3D.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
I think this was bergevin's biggest weakness. I never saw a GM for the Habs unable to retain such key free agents.

Markov, radulov, and danault lost for nothing and no reasonable plan for replacements other than hail marys.

Letting Danault go was the right thing to do, we started rebuilding and we made the finals with some luck, previously. For Markov and Radulov, I agree with you.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
You’re losing and badly. Just pack it in and leave the thread
GM's would laugh at you guys.
Phil is a very good player, but has not been a 50+ pt producer his entire career, he has been a 45 pt producer it's that simple. Taking a 3 yr sample size makes no sense to me............if you want to die on that hill by all means....we will agree to disagree.
He will be the Kings 3C next year and his TOI will go down, and so will his points....

Last edited:

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
Letting Danault go was the right thing to do, we started rebuilding and we made the finals with some luck, previously. For Markov and Radulov, I agree with you.
We had just a finals run with him and Suzuki as the top 2 centers

I'm glad we let him go it basically proved how horrendous Bergevin is as a GM between resigning Gallagher, letting Danault go and multiple draft flops in the 1st round it was time to go

But

It was a mistake to let him go as a free agent, a massive one, he was probably our top asset then and extremely underrated due to people only seeing the 50 points he provides

He single handedly shut down the opposing top line centers during that playoff run

Last edited:

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
GM's would laugh at you guys.
Phil is a very good player, but has not been a 50+ pt producer his entire career, he has been a 45 pt producer it's that simple. Taking a 3 yr sample size makes no sense to me............if you want to die on that hill by all means....we will agree to disagree.
He will be the Kings 3C next year and his TOI will go down, and so will his points....

There are a ton of laughable evaluations that you've thrown out here

but the most laughable is that you think his open market value is 4.5m

Stop while you're ahead my man

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
100% Danault is a great player but he had to go , the issue is Gallagher should have left with him , id much rather have kept Pizza boy than Stone hands but it is what it is. Both had to go the team desperately needed to rebuild

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
Gave up on what the Kings are trying todo.
Danault should be on a playoff bound team ready for the next step as a 3C. Toronto makes the most sense , they need a 2-way shutdown type behind their top 4.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad