OT: Philadelphia Phillies: The Road To .500

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
Well, you see

1657415373538.png

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
We have people on here saying that him being fired would do nothing.

I get the general skepticism when it comes to the Phillies from a fan standpoint since it’s been awhile since they’ve sustained anything good. But there was zero downside to changing out Girardi.

I think Ken & those guys were more so looking at it from a protecting a colleague standpoint since Girardi worked in the media with them for a while before he took the Phillies job.

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
It’s so weird seeing a player like Schwarber leading off. Batting .220 but right there among the league leaders in HR’s. I guess that’s the new age MLB for you

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
You hate all of them because they aren’t vaccinated?
No, just Nola. I've repeatedly said that he pisses me off, this is just fuel to that fire. I would love to see him be the worst good pitcher in the league on another team.

As for the other guys, obviously don't hate them. But if I was GM, they'd be traded. If I were GM, there would be a policy in place similar to countless other workplaces. If you don't follow the policy, then you get traded. Simple as that. Has happened many other places too. Not hate at all, but no love lost.

Last edited:
Reactions: FatTugboatFlahr

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Gibson said the other day he wasnt vaccinated cause he has an auto immune disorder. Everyone knew about Nola. JT needs a bit of time off, so Stubbs playing is fine.

Reactions: montreal

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Gibson said the other day he wasnt vaccinated cause he has an auto immune disorder. Everyone knew about Nola. JT needs a bit of time off, so Stubbs playing is fine.
It was Ulcerative Colitis (Inflammatory Bowel Disease) and pretty much all doctors recommend those patients to get vaxxed because you run a much higher risk of more physical discomfort and pain FROM COVID if you contract it than any side-effects from the vaccines.

I think Harper being hurt is able to avoid the criticism that would be leveled at the Phillies best player not being able to play two games in Toronto since it's questionable that he is vaccinated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad