Other Sports: Philadelphia Phillies: The Road To .500 (2024 Edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Muaddib84

Oct 20, 2018
Found myself following the phillies lately instead of the flyers, as they are fun to watch.

I'm still a noob regarding baseball so I would like to hear from you guys what do you think of a dodgers matchup. If playoffs started tomorrow, how do you see their chances?

I give the phillies a pitching advantage, but the hitting seems to be in their favour, heavily. Would this be possible to overcome?

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
Found myself following the phillies lately instead of the flyers, as they are fun to watch.

I'm still a noob regarding baseball so I would like to hear from you guys what do you think of a dodgers matchup. If playoffs started tomorrow, how do you see their chances?

I give the phillies a pitching advantage, but the hitting seems to be in their favour, heavily. Would this be possible to overcome?
The Phils can beat the Dodgers.

Glasnow won't hold up all season unless they start heavily limiting his innings. Yoshi is good obviously. But the Phillies have 3 aces and 4 nasty options out of the pen. Hopefully, they can get one more arm back there to shore up things if the starter needs to exit early.

This lineup strikes out a lot but they can hit well enough to win it all, barring any poorly timed slumps. This is the best team the Phillies have had during this run

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
The Phils can beat the Dodgers.

Glasnow won't hold up all season unless they start heavily limiting his innings. Yoshi is good obviously. But the Phillies have 3 aces and 4 nasty options out of the pen. Hopefully, they can get one more arm back there to shore up things if the starter needs to exit early.

This lineup strikes out a lot but they can hit well enough to win it all, barring any poorly timed slumps. This is the best team the Phillies have had during this run
Who’s #3?

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
The Dahli Lama is the best player in baseball.

Marchan got me missing Stubbsy

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Sanchez needs a mound visit but Marchan is not experienced enough to recognize it.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Sanchez never should have come out for the 5th after struggling in the 4th. Should have been Turnbull. Now hes pissed away a 4 run lead.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Sanchez never should have come out for the 5th after struggling in the 4th. Should have been Turnbull. Now hes pissed away a 4 run lead.
Completely pissed away

Just a one man meltdown. When he lost the zone he had no idea how to get it back

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Well that's enough of this game for me

Topper, for the 2nd time this week, really made a shit show of the pitching staff. Was hoping that was behind us.

Reactions: Rebels57

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Also, Whit is a pretty shit baseball player. We have to get someone better for the platoon. He's killing us out there

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Well that's enough of this game for me

Topper, for the 2nd time this week, really made a shit show of the pitching staff. Was hoping that was behind us.

Hes never going to have a good gut for pitching changes and its going to make winning a World Series with him extremely difficult.

It was extremely obvious Turnbull was the move to start the 5th.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
If Turnbull doesnt start the 6th what exactly is he doing on the team. I mean he probably should have started the 5th, Sanchez had thrown 29 strikes and 30 balls after 4. He didnt have it.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
If Turnbull doesnt start the 6th what exactly is he doing on the team. I mean he probably should have started the 5th, Sanchez had thrown 29 strikes and 30 balls after 4. He didnt have it.
Sanchez and Turnbull should each go 3 innings in every one of Sanchez's starts going forward, and I might rotate who starts based on opposing lineup

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
The Braves lost again, though I dont think they will be a threat for the division. our dear friend Craig Kimbrel saved the game for the O's.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
This lineup is pretty shit right now. Guys need to start getting healthy and stop getting f***ing hurt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad