OT: Philadelphia Phillies (MLB): 2013 Regular Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
Eh, Howard has always been steaky. He'll go 0 for 15 and then blast 3 HRs in 3 games. He got a hold of one last night to dead center that would have been out in pretty much any other ballpark in the country. I'm not too worried about him.

Brown hasn't exactly proven he should be anything more than a 6 hitter at this point. He wasn't even a lock to make the team going into Spring Training. He'll get a better spot in the order when he earns it (I type this as he just blasts a home run).

:laugh: I've always been a Brown fan and I'm hoping for a breakout year after his awesome spring. If the Phillies want to compete, Brown has to be a big part of that. And if the Phillies are struggling but Brown is hitting, I would really like him up farther in the lineup. I don't know what exactly he has to do to earn it?

And I'm not worried about Howard either. I know what he is and it's not gonna change. Just hard when Young isn't hitting either, right behind him. If Howard starts hitting then I really don't care what the lineup looks like. They'll score runs.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
Nix is bad in all aspect of the game. I rather have John jr in regardless of handedness cause at very least he gives you above average defense and arm.

Horst needs a slap

It's one fricking out. Embarrasing.

So much worse now :laugh:

Five batters faced and he gets one out :facepalm:

Last edited:

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
We need hard throwing arms not guys throwing slop. So glad durbin is coming in with the bases loaded :shakehead

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
Nix is bad in all aspect of the game. I rather have John jr in regardless of handedness cause at very least he gives you above average defense and arm.:

Case and point. Terrible throw home

Phillies 3-6 in home openers last 9 yrs about to be 3-7. I really don't have any confidence they can win this late especially with revere struggling. When he's not hitting he's almost useless as he doesn't walk...like at all.

Omg, good job guys. Up 4 to nothing, proceed to let up 9 unanswered runs :facepalm:

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
Dom brown ****ing blows.

You play him all spring training in RF and then switch him to LF and then are confused when he looks lost out there. Then the LF bounces the ball in fifteen times on a throw to the plate. Stupid. This team makes so many stupid decisions.

Bring in Horst who looks awful in the 6th, keep him in the 7th, let him load the bases. Need a strikeout? Bring in an old man who tops out at 88 mph. Be confused when you let up 9 runs. It's a joke.

Schwarbomb

Bob Murray Approved Poster
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
You play him all spring training in RF and then switch him to LF and then are confused when he looks lost out there. Then the LF bounces the ball in fifteen times on a throw to the plate. Stupid. This team makes so many stupid decisions.

The most stupid decision was what Dom did on that fly ball. He should know better.

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
The most stupid decision was what Dom did on that fly ball. He should know better.

He was trying to save some runs. He's young, he makes mistakes. He should be in the position he's most comfortable with, not trying to figure out a whole new position on the fly. It's not like Mayberry/ Nix are blowing people away in RF. There's no reason for him to be in LF.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
No one in the bullpen has broken 90.

I never got the Durbin signing at the time. The guy is just an average pitcher at best. At least sign him to a minor league deal and make him earn his way on the team.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Nix is bad in all aspect of the game. I rather have John jr in regardless of handedness cause at very least he gives you above average defense and arm.

He's a pretty solid 4th OF against righties. He's by no means a starter, but he hits righties pretty well for a bench guy. The Phillies need to sure up the other corner of the outfield. I don't think Nix or Mayberry (or the platoon) is the answer, and I don't think the team does either. But even after they find a solution, I would keep Nix as a bench guy.

Feb 21, 2012
Pennsylvania
From the parts of the game I watched, Kendrick was pitching well and then the wheels sort of fell off. Then the bullpen being terrible didn't help at all.

zarley zelepukin

Oct 25, 2008
Norristown, PA
He's a pretty solid 4th OF against righties. He's by no means a starter, but he hits righties pretty well for a bench guy. The Phillies need to sure up the other corner of the outfield. I don't think Nix or Mayberry (or the platoon) is the answer, and I don't think the team does either. But even after they find a solution, I would keep Nix as a bench guy.

Nix is actually pretty mediocre even as a platoon guy. He's got a career .744 OPS against righties with a terrible .297 OBP. Even in 2011, which was basically the year that made the Phils want him, he had a .306 OBP against them. Schierholtz is a better player offensively and defensively.

I don't mind Charlie going to Horst, but he shouldn't have started the following inning. And having Durbin come in when he did was just dumb. We have better options.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Nix is actually pretty mediocre even as a platoon guy. He's got a career .744 OPS against righties with a terrible .297 OBP. Even in 2011, which was basically the year that made the Phils want him, he had a .306 OBP against them. Schierholtz is a better player offensively and defensively.

I don't mind Charlie going to Horst, but he shouldn't have started the following inning. And having Durbin come in when he did was just dumb. We have better options.

I wanted them to keep Schierholtz as the the lefty platoon. Get about the same production at the plate and Schierholtz is a much better right fielder. But they went with Nix because he was under contract.

I actually like Horst, he was pretty good last year from what I remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad