Other Sports: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): THIS IS BRAZIL (Start Of 2024 Regular Season)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
I'm just so tired of watching a team full of dumb football players. They've managed to win two games this year with great individual performances from a handful of players, but they shoot themselves in the foot constantly with detail failures.

Chinatown88

349 days and counting
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
I went to play Fallout 4 to get my mind off the game, and the f***er crashed on me. It's going to be one of those days.
Sadge

Last week was an abbreviation, this defense still stinks.
I sit here and wonder a lot about Kyle Hamilton and Travis Jones over Davis and all those picks they gave up.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
I'm just so tired of watching a team full of dumb football players. They've managed to win two games this year with great individual performances from a handful of players, but they shoot themselves in the foot constantly with detail failures.

If Fangio can’t install his defense anymore, the style is dead. The one reason I was ok sticking with it was because they got the actual guy.

But as a league, we’ve clearly swung back to Dean Pees here. Big DTs and fast, versatile DBs should be climbing in price. And then there’s Flores out doing what he does, but I’m not putting anyone else in that box. Nor do I think we appreciate how long it takes for players to feel comfortable with what Flores asks them to do.

ponder719

M-M-M-Matvei and the Jett
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I know this is overreacting, but is there a legitimate argument that the Eagles are the farthest away from contention of the big 4 teams? Obviously, the Flyers are managed by the Itty Bitty IQ Committee, but there is a blind squirrel path involving collecting a high pick this year through sheer incompetence, Torts deciding he's had quite enough of this f***ery, and Michkov finding so many additional gears that he McDavids us halfway there by himself two or three years down the line, whereas the Eagles' best players are old, their star at the most important position has turned back into a pumpkin, and the coaching staff is Hear No Ideas, See No Ideas, Speak No Ideas. I'm genuinely thinking this core is done, and we need to head back into the wilderness for a while.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
I know this is overreacting, but is there a legitimate argument that the Eagles are the farthest away from contention of the big 4 teams? Obviously, the Flyers are managed by the Itty Bitty IQ Committee, but there is a blind squirrel path involving collecting a high pick this year through sheer incompetence, Torts deciding he's had quite enough of this f***ery, and Michkov finding so many additional gears that he McDavids us halfway there by himself two or three years down the line, whereas the Eagles' best players are old, their star at the most important position has turned back into a pumpkin, and the coaching staff is Hear No Ideas, See No Ideas, Speak No Ideas. I'm genuinely thinking this core is done, and we need to head back into the wilderness for a while.

I get what you mean, but you can turn around an NFL team in 2 seasons from almost any position if you hit big enough on the QB. And they do have young pieces.

The Flyers are basically all in on 17 year olds supporting a guy who isn’t 20 until December. That’s going to take time.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
If Fangio can’t install his defense anymore, the style is dead. The one reason I was ok sticking with it was because they got the actual guy.

But as a league, we’ve clearly swung back to Dean Pees here. Big DTs and fast, versatile DBs should be climbing in price. And then there’s Flores out doing what he does, but I’m not putting anyone else in that box. Nor do I think we appreciate how long it takes for players to feel comfortable with what Flores asks them to do.
Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of taking two players out of the play when the league is clearly shifting back towards playing closer to the LOS. That and the WR's are too good with the ball in their hands anymore to just hope you'll close and limit the damage. You know it's bad when Baker is able to sit back and carve you up on the on the outs, digs, etc.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad