Other Sports: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): THIS IS BRAZIL (Start Of 2024 Regular Season)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008

I'm interested to see what they do schematically this week because one of the reasons this gap is so big is that Hurts correctly throws 50-50 balls down the sideline to his 2 WRs. I want to say they could go heavy, but that's tough to do with the style of QB they have.

They're not going to install it in one week, but this is where some Brennan Marion style Near/Far out of Gun would fit super well. NFL defenses don't see it a ton either.

Last edited:

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018

I'm interested to see what they do schematically this week because one of the reasons this gap is so big is that Hurts correctly throws 50-50 balls down the sideline to his 2 WRs. I want to say they could go heavy, but that's tough to do with the style of QB they have.

They're not going to install it in one week, but this is where some Brennan Marion style Near/Far out of Gun would fit super well. NFL defenses don't see it a ton either.
From a strictly theoretical perspective (ignoring NFL feasibility) the match for a quarterback like this is quick throws before the pressure gets there, right? The obvious drawback (again, not feasible) is that this predicates on your pass catchers winning off the line.

You have to imagine part (most?) of this is because his pocket presence is atrocious. Throws are much harder while improvising, no matter how easy Mahomes makes it look.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
From a strictly theoretical perspective (ignoring NFL feasibility) the match for a quarterback like this is quick throws before the pressure gets there, right? The obvious drawback (again, not feasible) is that this predicates on your pass catchers winning off the line.

You have to imagine part (most?) of this is because his pocket presence is atrocious. Throws are much harder while improvising, no matter how easy Mahomes makes it look.

I think there kind of have to be multiple causes for a gap to be this big. You’re absolutely correct about his pocket presence, but he’s also legitimately productive when not pressured. In a way, it shows both some of his strengths and weaknesses.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad