Phil Kessel back in action?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
If I didn't know him and you told me that he's either an NHL hockey player who has won multiple cups or a truck driver for Waste Management, take a guess which....I would choose Waste Management driver

Phil is the 8th wonder of the world. He even is an Olympian. If that isn't enough so is his sister, and she got the looks in the family, thankfully 😂

Reactions: barbu

NVious

Dec 20, 2022
Stop the hate, embrace the BBK, Phil is beautiful at any and all sizes #Inclusive #Diverse #KeithTkachuk #MartinBrodeur

Reactions: barbu

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Save his life? Don't be ridiculous, even in his prime in Toronto he was never in peak physical shape.

You are being dramatic

JukofYork

Mar 22, 2014
Part of it he just has a weird body type, like James Harden. He'll probably get quite fat when he's officially retired for good. He doesn't need to be a chiseled Greek God to hockey good.
lol no. He is fat and unhealthy.

But all good he is a grown man so he can do as he pleases.

I agree with the other person, he is going to be an extremely obese once he stops playing for good. If he looks like this in just under a year..give him 3-4 years of it. Then he may as well play goalie cause nobody getting a puck past that chin

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
lol no. He is fat and unhealthy.

But all good he is a grown man so he can do as he pleases.

I agree with the other person, he is going to be an extremely obese once he stops playing for good. If he looks like this in just under a year..give him 3-4 years of it. Then he may as well play goalie cause nobody getting a puck past that chin

"Fat and unhealthy" yet would skate circles (or whatever other athletic competition) around 99% of the board.

Kessel has always looked "pudgy" yet he's also always had great athleticism. He's 100th in points, 96th in goals, has 3 Stanley Cups and is also the current Ironman record holder ahead of all the muscle heads you revere.

Bonus read

JukofYork

Mar 22, 2014
"Fat and unhealthy" yet would skate circles (or whatever other athletic competition) around 99% of the board.

Kessel has always looked "pudgy" yet he's also always had great athleticism. He's 100th in points, 96th in goals, has 3 Stanley Cups and is also the current Ironman record holder ahead of all the muscle heads you revere.

Bonus read
So what? He is still fat and unhealthy. I hope the best for him.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
Look, OP, Kessel ain’t coming for your girl. He could, easily, but he ain’t about that. He sleeps in late, reluctantly hits the bike, then stays healthy playing 20 minutes a night for 1000 games or some shit. Dude was made in a lab. Like Oreos or McDonald’s, or somethin, but shit consistently performs. That’s Kessel. It ain’t fantastic, but it’s been predictably great for a long time.

Dude is a storyline, glad he’s still kickin tires.
That was beautiful

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Too bad, would’ve been a nice story. But the reports out of Abbotsford seemed to suggest he just wasn’t in NHL shape. Not too surprising. Hard to take that much time off at his age and expect to jump onto a roster looking to make a deep playoff run.

Reactions: Mav3rick07

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Too bad, would’ve been a nice story. But the reports out of Abbotsford seemed to suggest he just wasn’t in NHL shape. Not too surprising. Hard to take that much time off at his age and expect to jump onto a roster looking to make a deep playoff run.
He hasn't been in NHL shape for years. For a long time he still had enough muscle to get him to his shooting positions set up in the zone, but he was never able to actually keep up with any part of the game requiring mobility.

Once his shape was so bad that he couldn't even plod to a stationary shooting position anymore, he was an ineffective zombie only getting ice time in Arizona and Vegas because coaches didn't want to be the one to end the GP streak.

Reactions: Love

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Some guys just that way. They can eat junk food, put on weight, and slack on training while getting it done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad