Confirmed Signing with Link: [PHI] James van Riemsdyk signs with the Flyers (5 years, $7M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I’m not sure he will fit the net front role on PP1. It works with Patrick and Simmonds because they’re right handed shots.

He would be good in the slot where Couturier currently is if Coots struggles there or goes down injured or something along those lines. As a lefty, he would be able to rip home those soft Giroux passes. If not, they can run the same set-up on PP2 with Konecny-Simmonds-JVR-Provorov-Sanheim.

____Patrick [Net]
Giroux - Couturier - Voracek
_________Ghost

___Simmonds [Net]
Konecny - JVR - Sanheim
_________ Provorov

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
The point is........KARMA. You guys chirped the Leafs for so long for having him, and now he's all yours again, long term. And Giroux doesn't like him.

Well, enjoy. :)

Lol what? He’s a productive player who fills one of our few holes(Lw), I’m not the most jvr wanting person but I don’t think it’s a terrible signing.

And actually and him and G are pretty close, G is happy to have his favorite pidgeon back and apparently G and V were part in swaying JVR to come back.

Reactions: BernieParent

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I sure do remember a LOT of Flyers fans slagging JVR for being a super one-dimensional floater his whole career.

Well..............good luck with that.

there is no denying what jvr is and what he isn't at this point. but what he is is the best net front prescence in the league, with hands as good as any in close to the net.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
He would be good in the slot where Couturier currently is if Coots struggles there or goes down injured or something along those lines. As a lefty, he would be able to rip home those soft Giroux passes. If not, they can run the same set-up on PP2 with Konecny-Simmonds-JVR-Provorov-Sanheim.

I think they’re going to try him in the slot just because of his shot and have Couts go to PP2 and if it falters that way then they may just go back to normal and put JVR on the second unit.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I think they’re going to try him in the slot just because of his shot and have Couts go to PP2 and if it falters that way then they may just go back to normal and put JVR on the second unit.

I'm not worried about it either way. Whatever is best for the team. Our PP2 has sucked for years. It's time for that to change. No reason for it too now with all of that talent.

Reactions: SnS

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Lol what? He’s a productive player who fills one of our few holes(Lw), I’m not the most jvr wanting person but I don’t think it’s a terrible signing.

And actually and him and G are pretty close, G is happy to have his favorite pidgeon back and apparently G and V were part in swaying JVR to come back.

Yeah I have no idea what he is talking about.

For one, we WANTED JVR back. We have been bitching about that awful trade for 6 years. We needed a top 6 LW and pure shooter. JVR is one of the best goal scorers in the NHL. Secondly, Giroux and JVR are great friends and it's one of the reasons he is back. What a stupid offbase comment.

Reactions: SnS

Prince N

Nov 18, 2014
Leafs should have traded this 7mil player while they had the chance to...anyway...JVR will be missed in the Blue and White...all the best

Reactions: Flukeshot

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
The point is........KARMA. You guys chirped the Leafs for so long for having him, and now he's all yours again, long term. And Giroux doesn't like him.

Well, enjoy. :)

Id point you to Giroux's twitter. The two are actually very good friends.

Continue to post though, its kind of entertaining how much garbage you are spewing out.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
this signing will look bad quick.

Sure he will deflect some PP goals in but man does he look sluggish in every other situation in hockey

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Nice deal Flyers, loved this guy in Toronto i hope it will work for u guys
Only one thing that bothered me about JVR. He does this thing with his green mouth guard where he pops it out of his mouth and chews the hell out of the end. There are a legion of peewee and bantam players in the Toronto area that are doing the same thing now. Bad bad example to the kids.

Auston Marlander

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto

____Patrick [Net]
Giroux - Couturier - Voracek
_________Ghost

___Simmonds [Net]
Konecny - JVR - Sanheim
_________ Provorov

JVR made his career in front of the net. You don't move that.

Auston Marlander

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
He’s a lefty. That won’t fit the makeup of our top unit.

I just don't know if he would bring enough away from the net. One of my favorite leafs for his incredible hands in tight. His top skill set is within 5 feet of the goal line, changing that would be misuse.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
I just don't know if he would bring enough away from the net. One of my favorite leafs for his incredible hands in tight. His top skill set is within 5 feet of the goal line, changing that would be misuse.

Unit 1 is probably...

Simmonds or Patrick
Giroux / jVr or Couts / Voracek
Ghost

Unit 2 ...

Maybe they try some double net front presence and have TK / Sanheim / Provo set up outside and make plays / drops bombs.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
He would still get that chance when Ghost or Voracek shoot. But having him as a shooter in the slot could be good too...led to Schenn leading the league in PP goals 2 years ago.

Reactions: Rebels57

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad