Contract Termination: [PHI] F Ryan Johansen placed on waivers by the Flyers for the purpose of contract termination (Johansen grieving)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Correct me if I’m wrong, but this actually seems like a huge break for Nashville. They suddenly get Johansen’s $4M retained money off the books and have some breathing room to add more this season.

Good point

Maybe once you retain its stuck on the cap ?

Last edited:

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Correct me if I’m wrong, but this actually seems like a huge break for Nashville. They suddenly get Johansen’s $4M retained money off the books and have some breathing room to add more this season.
:huh: If we get out of the $4M retention in Nashville, can we have Cody Glass back please? Or do we even get out of it?

Reactions: Gh24

ponder719

The same New Era as before
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

WTF is a "material breach"?

IANAL, but some quick Google-Fu suggests that a material breach, while not defined in the CBA, is a significant enough breach in the terms of a contract as to deem the contract irreparably broken (and justifying suing for damages, among other things, though that may not apply in this case due to CBA provisions.)

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Correct me if I’m wrong, but this actually seems like a huge break for Nashville. They suddenly get Johansedirt $4M retained money off the books and have some breathing room to add more this season.

So do we think it was the private investigators hired by the Flyers or Preds that found enough dirt on RyJo to void the contract?

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
This is Johansen. What are his vices ?
In Nashville, we figured it was lounging around in the country club sipping latte's?

He definitely never seemed like the kind of guy who would be into much else. :dunno:

Guessing it might be more to do with his injury status, doing/not doing something about it, not reporting to the AHL, something along those lines, as opposed to a vice-related issue. :dunno:

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
This is Johansen. What are his vices ?
Crockett and Tubbs

1724170490054.png

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
Was the settlement between the Lightning and NHLPA around Jake Dotchin's release due to material breach ever made public?

Reactions: kevistar

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
I just knew the whole material breach thing was going to become a tool, now any overpaid vet needs to walk on egg shells and hope they don't do or say the wrong thing.
The way I see it is if you wouldn't terminate your young star for the same offense than you shouldn't be able to terminate cap dumps.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad