Contract Termination: [PHI] F Ryan Johansen placed on waivers by the Flyers for the purpose of contract termination (Johansen grieving)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Johansen was such garbage for this whole contract. Huge let down. Dude has some audacity even filing grievance. He should count his lucky stars he got what we got already out of this contract he didn’t earn. Then he’s out dancing at a wedding but filing grievance?! Whatta greedy chump.
If you were going to lose 8 million bucks you would file one as well, lets not kid ourselves.

I'm also amused that people keep trying to put dancing at a wedding on the same level as being able to skate and get beat around by other players. Yeah boy those are one in the same.

PREDy 4 the Cup

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
If you were going to lose 8 million bucks you would file one as well, lets not kid ourselves.

I'm also amused that people keep trying to put dancing at a wedding on the same level as being able to skate and get beat around by other players. Yeah boy those are one and the same.
I mean he was getting beat by other players all the time so no change there. Dude had lackluster effort. He should be happy he got $56 million he didn’t deserve.

And yeah dancing at a wedding would void any workers comp suit I would assume. I’ve seen people lose a case for out gardening. That’s not dancing around. That’s a lot less body stress. If you can dance you must be awfully limber.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I mean he was getting beat by other players all the time so no change there. Dude had lackluster effort. He should be happy he got $56 million he didn’t deserve.

And yeah dancing at a wedding would void any workers comp suit I would assume. I’ve seen people lose a case for out gardening. That’s not dancing around. That’s a lot less body stress. If you can dance you must be awfully limber.
This isn't workmans comp or FMLA it does not work anywhere remotely close to the same and does not follow the same rules. I tell you what though, you go get on a dance floor for a couple of minutes and then go skate in an NHL game and then get back to me on how relevant one is to the other.

Also there is a huge difference in getting beat around by NHL players when you are 27 years old and when you are getting close to your mid 30's. There is a reason guys start dropping out of the league at around that age.

Whether he was worth the money he signed for doesn't matter, the fact is someone agreed to it and it is what he is owed unless they can prove he broke his contract. Whether you like the player or not has no bearing on the CBA or contract law.

• Haha
Reactions: PREDy 4 the Cup

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
This isn't workmans comp or FMLA it does not work anywhere remotely close to the same and does not follow the same rules. I tell you what though, you go get on a dance floor for a couple of minutes and then go skate in an NHL game and then get back to me on how relevant one is to the other.

Also there is a huge difference in getting beat around by NHL players when you are 27 years old and when you are getting close to your mid 30's. There is a reason guys start dropping out of the league at around that age.

Whether he was worth the money he signed for doesn't matter, the fact is someone agreed to it and it is what he is owed unless they can prove he broke his contract. Whether you like the player or not has no bearing on the CBA or contract law.
But i thought he could barely walk

PREDy 4 the Cup

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011

I know he’s obviously entitled to it for signing the contract I’m just saying I’m sure he sleeps well at night knowing he didn’t earn it is all. And I know it’s not workers comp for nhl I’m just saying if you can dance at a wedding you aren’t that crippled up. You’re right about one thing for sure is that with older age some guys can’t keep up. He is probably suffering from his age and crying a just wanting last year of his pay. He stunk in his twenties obviously he stinks now
Are you his girlfriend or something? Most Preds fans want this cap space but you defend him like he’s your boyfriend.

But i thought he could barely walk
Right?? He’s a big phoney

ponder719

M-M-M-Matvei and the Jett
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

The Flyers, of course, have to explain what they feel the material breach of contract is, but one place you may want to start is exploring whether or not Johanson's condition changed between leaving the ice at his last practice with the Avalanche and being told his next game was going to be in Allentown. If he can't point to a substantive change in his health at that moment, then it certainly seems that he was capable of playing, and refused... which as far as I am aware is a breach of contract.

PREDy 4 the Cup

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
The Flyers, of course, have to explain what they feel the material breach of contract is, but one place you may want to start is exploring whether or not Johanson's condition changed between leaving the ice at his last practice with the Avalanche and being told his next game was going to be in Allentown. If he can't point to a substantive change in his health at that moment, then it certainly seems that he was capable of playing, and refused... which as far as I am aware is a breach of contract.
Johansen is milking it 100%
You make a very good point.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Didn't the Flyers doctors also say he was injured?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad