PGT - Royal Rumble -- They did it again.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
The thing is that simply being in a title match should disqualify you from a rumble place all together going by the commonly accepted rules of Royal Rumbles. I cannot think back to a time when a person has had a title match then a rumble spot regarless if they were a champ or challenger going in.

You don't think too hard, in this scenario you weren't thinking enough.

:laugh: What? I am assuming you aren't counting other titles like the Intercontinental and Tag straps. Ziggler did it after getting beat by C.M Punk in 2012 for example.

Ensane

EL GUAPO
Mar 2, 2002
:laugh: What? I am assuming you aren't counting other titles like the Intercontinental and Tag straps. Ziggler did it after getting beat by C.M Punk in 2012 for example.
Thanks for flagging the Ziggler example. I was curious if it had happened previously (and I was clearly too lazy to check for myself). It doesn't change the fact that it is extremely illogical.

Again, if Ziggler beat Punk, he wouldn't need his spot in the Rumble. Are we supposed to believe that he entered a title match assuming he was going to win?

Dumb storytelling. That's all.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Dude. It was so bad... I get the logic that it would take the "meh" off Randy Orton winning, but good god...

The rumble just lacked the surprise returns. Reigns coming out at #30 not selling anything from earlier, going on a rampage was absolutely brutal. Then the next night you see KO basically bandaged up, limping to the ring.

KO is a GOAT seller though.

There was a least 5 minutes of straight shock because I couldn't believe they did it again.

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB

Ah, I was not aware that it had happened in the past.

Still doesn't change that the assumption for most years is that they aren't in the match when they are in a wwe/universal title match. It especially isn't a situation that warrants calling out people for not expecting it since it is so rare.

If it was a regular occurence in most years for that to happen, sure, call people out for not expecting it, but if you have to dig back 5 years for the most recent time it has happened, it's worth taking a second to think about why people would not expect it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad