WC: Peter Regin goal thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikael99

Feb 14, 2007
I read in a swedish paper that one of their "expert" journalists wrote in his blog that Regin would take a place in the russian squad, because he is that good.

Not bad :)

Afro Thunder*

I read in a swedish paper that one of their "expert" journalists wrote in his blog that Regin would take a place in the russian squad, because he is that good.

Not bad :)

Regin is way better than any russian, because he actually shows up in the playoffs.

Hermit Wizard Eater

Nov 29, 2009
Regin gets so much hype it's ridiculous.

He's 24 and therefore MAYBE has, at most 2 years left to develop.

His career high is 29 points.

He's a career 3rd liner.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton

He's a career 3rd liner.

Buzz_Killington.jpg

I see him as a second liner. Maybe.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007

He's a career 3rd liner.

No offense man, but this is exactly what someone would say who hasn't watched Regin and looks at stats only.

The Fuhr*

He's a career 3rd liner.

He just turned 24 like last month. He has spent time adjusting to the NA game, this season he was a rookie in the NHL.
He is a takeaway machine and rarely makes poor decisions giving the puck up. He's polished in the defensive end and back checks hard.

His offensive game has taken time to adapt... he played off and on with Kovalev this year but for the post part played the role as checker in the bottom six... then MM got injured and Regin got his shot in the top six where the NA game clicked for him and he became a two-way force.

Final 10NHL games 4G 8Pts +6
Playoffs 6GP 3G 4Pts (Easily Ottawas best forward)
Now you see him beginning to dominate the WHC

Will he be a star? I'm not sure but he is showing the ability to be a two-way force. I see him around 25G and 50-60Pts next season... from there anyones guess... I'm not going to cap his potential because his skill set is to high with the hockey IQ to match

Asquaredx2

Mar 10, 2008
I see him as a second liner. Maybe.

Um, he was a second liner pretty much the whole season. Until he became a first liner, and then subsequently our best player.

He's almost a lock to play left wing on the top line next year.

Even if it's only a result of adding more muscle and getting more adjusted to the ins and outs of the NHL game, I don't see how anyone can think he won't improve. Or is Bozak going to remain the same player he is today?

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com

He's a career 3rd liner.

He played on Ottawa's first line for the last part of the season, and for the playoffs.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not expecting him to become a PPG player, but he's definitely top-6 material and if his development continues he'll be a decent top-line player.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
He's played one season in the NHL and already has enough beautiful plays to start a highlight reel :yo:

Regin has a knack for scoring nice goals, hopefully he can keep up his play going into next season.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
No offense man, but this is exactly what someone would say who hasn't watched Regin and looks at stats only.

I think even saying "looks at stats" is being generous here. To criticize somebody for having a "career high" of 29 points after their rookie season makes it questionable whether the poster even looked at the stats, or was capable of understanding them. Pavel Datsyuk was once a 24 year old with a career "high" (oddly, also a career "low"...imagine the consistency) of 35 points. His career as a third liner at best has been pretty impressive.

Probably a troll, although you'd have to really study this place to be able to distinguish intent I guess.

Last edited:

BigEyedPhish

Aug 23, 2006
:D
Regin is easily probably the most complete young forward we have drafted since Hossa... He reminds me A LOTof Alfredsson as well as Zetterberg..

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
Regin is easily probably the most complete young forward we have drafted since Hossa... He reminds me A LOTof Alfredsson as well as Zetterberg..

Bizarre statement.

When Hossa was drafted, he wasn't complete at all, in fact he was considered extremely one-dimensional. Nor was he particularly complete when he broke into the league 16 months later. Guys like Vermette and Fisher were also fairly complete at around 23/24, at least enough that Regin isn't "easily" better.

Regin wasn't very complete when we drafted him either. He was actually extremely raw, but developed slowly and progressively since then. The word you might be looking for is the most complete rookie, which is still bizarre considering Hossa wasn't a particularly complete 19 year old rookie. Regin is though ahead on the learning curve in his all-round game compared to many rookies, but that comes from being a few years older and more experienced at the professional level.

Forsbergwannabe

Sep 16, 2006
Odense Denmark
Regin is a good example of slowly bringing players along and letting them develop at their own pace, I mean every year the danish media quoted him saying that he didnt feel he was good enough for the NHL yet and wanted to stay in Sweden untill he was and that he would develop better there.
I know he played 1 year in the AHL, but it seems like he was right all along and Ill be the first to admit I very much doubted he would make it in the end.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
That goal reminded me of his goal in game 2 against the pens, 18 seconds into the game:

Amazing snipe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad