Post-Game Talk: Pens vs Sabres: GENO MAGIC!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Hell of a gutsy comeback. This team isn't great but they definitely are entertaining.

I'm actually super curious to see what this team does once Nedjelkovic gets healthy. I feel like just sending down Blomqvist and keeping Jarry up sends a horrendous message to this team, but waiving Jarry would be absolutely shocking for me to do. I honestly don't know what they'll do with the goalie situation, keeping 3 goalies up seems like a legitimate option to me.

Also the PP has been 1000x better this year with Letang at the top of the PP. Terrific decision by this team to move Karlsson to the left half-wall to put Letang back at the top of the PP.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
First full game I've watched this season. And I barely watched last season from January on.

+ battling through that 3-1 start
+ Blomqvist
+ milestones for Sid & Geno
+ MalKing straight up feeling it this season
+ 3rd line
+ 4th line looks way more competent although expensive
+ tying it up with 46s left
+ Graves with the least amount of minutes on D
+ OT PP

= Graves looks better?
= PP looks better but still isn't good given the Hall of Fame personnel

- Jarry obviously
- Karlsson
- Bunting quitting when he needs to keep the motor going
- blowing the lead in the 3rd
- JSI looked to be way out of position this game

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
1729129979823.png

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Barring the 1st line LW, the forward group is solid but holy shit the team defence is atrocious. Its also a coin flip if Letang and EK are gonna be morons that game

Reactions: canadianguy77

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
First full game I've watched this season. And I barely watched last season from January on.

= Graves looks better?

Graves seems to be in this weird spot where he is obviously not good but is also not really impacting the game negatively. If he didn't have such a gross contract, I feel like I'd be completely content with him.

The issue is that his performance is basically just Chad Ruhwedel and he's making a ton of money to be that.

Miro4Norris

Jan 24, 2021
10M Karlsson is probably the worst player in the league right now.
thank you geno

could be a real team with some tiny changes
That's what i was saying all summer. But it's better to fill the cap space for 5th round draft pick and do nothing smart to improve the team. Sign Skjei or Roy instead of Grielzyk and this team would be so much better already

Gumbercules

Oct 11, 2007
Sloppy game overall, but there are some positives.

Nice to see the PP win us a game. Don't think that happened once last year.

Third and fourth lines chipping in on offense is also a good sign.

Pens need to ride the hot hand in net. Play JB until he falters, then give Ned a chance (assuming healthy). Jarry can get another try when both those guys start playing erratically, but until then he shouldn't be in the net.

Reactions: StaalForOne
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad