Post-Game Talk: Pens vs Holtbyism's laptop - 12:30 EST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Turnovers were 10-0 in that period and Caps still had better chances.

they deserve to be losing - but you can tell how much better they are than the Pens. That’s good to see at least.
Really not understanding how you're seeing that. We are a turnover prone team and we are a defensive-lapse prone team. We have a completely toothless PP that gives opponents confidence. Wish I could find the same Kool-aid you're drinking.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Oh brother.....technical mistakes are made by every goalie.....yes he’s learning.

The W’s aren’t hiding anything......I think we’re experienced enough fans to not simply be blinded by a team stat “W’s”......gimme a break.
No problem. I'm not saying he's bad. I actually was a fan of Varly back in the day just simply for the talent alone. But it's quite obvious Samsonov's far from being polished enough to have that 100% confidence about him.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Really not understanding how you're seeing that. We are a turnover prone team and we are a defensive-lapse prone team. We have a completely toothless PP that gives opponents confidence. Wish I could find the same Kool-aid you're drinking.
Have you not seen the chances? Hathaway missed a layup chance. Dowd hit post. Offensive zone time caps have held puck more.

Caps have more talent. Not sure how you’re not seeing that. When you have a bad period and have 10 turnovers to zero - and still get more high quality chances - you’re fine.

also, caps are way more physical than Pitt. Will be interesting to see how that plays out.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
I don’t understand why, he already passed Mario, and Crosby will never get close. What do they care
They have a very weird perception of the Caps.

They insist we're not their rivals, it's all manufactured, etc.

Then they spend all their breath running through how dirty our team is.

I just don't get it.

The Pens have several players I would take in a heart beat. I love playing them, but when we beat them in 2018 I lost any interest in "hating" them. Crosby is on of the GOAT's, it'd be a damn shame to spend his entire career trying to diminish his accomplishments and never getting to enjoy it.

Imagine doing that for OV. You're watching one of the best ever, and you'll never get to enjoy it because you're spending all your time trying to convince yourself and everyone around you that he's not a GOAT

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
No problem. I'm not saying he's bad. I actually was a fan of Varly back in the day just simply for the talent alone. But it's quite obvious Samsonov's far from being polished enough to have that 100% confidence about him.
there is plenty of time to polish his technics. These things can be learned, like feeling your net, but his size and athleticism and calmness are top notch. I have faith in him. Sad that Pitts didn't play Jarro. Will be cool to see two young goalies against each other, but I'm glad that we gave a good taste of rivalry to Samsonov

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Samsonov has a tough period - but leads nhl in goals against and has won 11 in a row and people freaking out. Relax. It’s fine.

we still have pens 3 more times after this. They’re a good team and it’ll be a battle all season.

pens historically dominated islanders and last year got swept by them in playoffs. It’s not end of world for a game in early Feb.

I’m just happy to see Caps seem to match up well VS Pitt. I think they’re one of the teams we beat most times now in s playoff type series - and that was never the case up until recently.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Weird start. Sammy a bit jumpy. Ovy looks like day-game Ovy. What happened to Backstrom?
By far the worst Cap so far. Wasn't able to settle the puck after a simple pass in the neutral zone and that caused a giveaway and a first goal against. And f***ed up the only chance they've had for a 4 on 3 by simply putting the puck on a plate for a defender with a careless back pass to Carlson after a won o-zone faceoff.

Reactions: Pomee

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
They have a very weird perception of the Caps.

They insist we're not their rivals, it's all manufactured, etc.

Then they spend all their breath running through how dirty our team is.

I just don't get it.

The Pens have several players I would take in a heart beat. I love playing them, but when we beat them in 2018 I lost any interest in "hating" them. Crosby is on of the GOAT's, it'd be a damn shame to spend his entire career trying to diminish his accomplishments and never getting to enjoy it.

Imagine doing that for OV. You're watching one of the best ever, and you'll never get to enjoy it because you're spending all your time trying to convince yourself and everyone around you that he's not a GOAT
Me too, but after this game i feel the hate is coming back. Unfortunately, the Pens are not going anywhere, they look good and scary. Once again a legitimate threat in the East. This team scares me so much, no one really does, but them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad