GDT: | Pens vs Flames | Nov 23rd 1900hrs EST | And the Pens go marching on

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

crosby87

Oct 15, 2017
was the ref hoping archibald would retaliate or something? how many times are you going to let him blatantly break the rules

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
The last time a powerplay that used two defensemen worked that didn’t include Shea Weber was like 2010.

Reactions: Andy99

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
the PP was OK, wish we have someone other than Jake, not sure why he is there since he is not screening, he does not get to any of the rebounds

Hotep Numminen

Aug 13, 2020
i don't get the 2 dmen on the pp thing if you aren't going to have them both up top as a safety measure for all the sh chances they give up. but if geno is still showing up at the left point, seems like a waste of time. not that i need to see rust out there

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Should have had a couple more goals in this one. Looks good when are in the offensive zone. L2 dangerous almost every shift. L1 also sniffed. Paging Mr. Blueger though...

Didn't connect on that PP after the bungled shortened one, but I rather liked what I saw in terms of the movement/positioning on it.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Watching Flyers-Caps and the Caps PP looks so easy…they get a rebound, Ovie makes a move around outstretched goalie skate and put it in the net and we make scoring a PP goal look like finding the Holy Grail

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Watching Flyers-Caps and the Caps PP looks so easy…they get a rebound, Obie makes a move around outstretched goalie skate and put it in the net and we make scoring a PP goal look like rocket science
thats what I just said about Guentzel...if we had a guy to pick up the rebounds and those loose pucks around the net plus screening it would be totally different story...but he is not taking Jake off so its a moot point

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
Watching Flyers-Caps and the Caps PP looks so easy…they get a rebound, Ovie makes a move around outstretched goalie skate and put it in the net and we make scoring a PP goal look like finding the Holy Grail
Kappy for Horny @50% who says no

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Watching Flyers-Caps and the Caps PP looks so easy…they get a rebound, Obie makes a move around outstretched goalie skate and put it in the net and we make scoring a PP goal look like rocket science
Caps PP has always just automatically worked because of Ovechkin. That threat is just always there. If you overplay him, the rest of the guys have time to make plays and Oshie, Carlson, and Backstrom (when healthy) can still burn you. And Carlson in particular has a bomb so Ovie isn't the only threat there.

The problem with our PP is everyone knows Sid isn't gonna shoot, and that Letang isn't gonna shoot. So just play Malkin tight and all of our one-timer options are gone. The only thing you really have to worry about with our pp is leaving a lot of east-west space open in the box as we do have guys who can make those plays but if you just let us pass it around on the perimeter we'll do it until we inevitably turn it over.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
After Lemieux; Ovechkin is the best power play player I’ve ever seen.

Caps powerplay is always gonna look easier than ours because of just that.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Caps PP has always just automatically worked because of Ovechkin. That threat is just always there. If you overplay him, the rest of the guys have time to make plays and Oshie, Carlson, and Backstrom (when healthy) can still burn you. And Carlson in particular has a bomb so Ovie isn't the only threat there.

The problem with our PP is everyone knows Sid isn't gonna shoot, and that Letang isn't gonna shoot. So just play Malkin tight and all of our one-timer options are gone. The only thing you really have to worry about with our pp is leaving a lot of east-west space open in the box as we do have guys who can make those plays but if you just let us pass it around on the perimeter we'll do it until we inevitably turn it over.
This wasn’t a blast by Ovie though..it was a flubbed shot by another player, goalie gave up a rebound and Ovie just happened to be on that side lol

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
I‘m glad the Pens gave a healthy scratch level player multiple millions of dollars over multiple years.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
This wasn’t a blast by Ovie though..it was a flubbed shot by another player, goalie gave up a rebound and Ovie just happened to be on that side lol
I'm just commenting in general on how the Caps PP works. Ignore Ovie and he burns you. Play him tight and then other things open up. It's kinda win/win for them. Always been a very tough PP to deal with.

Ours should be that given the talent on it but welp

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad