GDT: | Pens vs Devil | 1900hrs | Time for an exorcism

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Today Geno will:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
No, but he does deploy strategy and player usage. Do you seriously think the penguins would have 12 blown third period leads with a different coach?

The same team that win the cup in 2016 was one oft he worst teams in the league that same season. What changed? Coaching, deployment, defensive responsibility, etc. Almsot all of our blown leads were be ause if Sully's insane system and player usage.
No, but they might not have had as many leads period either. I don't think you can compare this team to 2016, which was on average 3 years younger than this one and had a way better mix. I mean this team doesn't even need to be 2016, I think just the team of a year or two ago is fine with a tweak here and there.

Again, I'm not saying Sullivan isn't expired.

turd

Feb 1, 2013
3 cups so we can’t be that mad.
Ehh I love the Cups this core has won. But that doesn’t really factor into it this year for me. They just flat out suck (not the core, the team). So it’s been pretty easy for me to just be apathetic. And I know I’m just one person, but apathy is the worst type of fandom and I hope SOMEONE that’s a decision maker can sense that.

Reactions: Coastal Kev

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Should have rebuilt in the summer. People shamed me for suggesting it though.
Ah well. At least we honored the core and got some nice pre-game ceremony moments.

Wasted f***ing year. Zero progress as an organization outside of retaining their 1st. What's worse is that they set it up to last this way.

But even if you put all that management shit aside, the fact that they legit coast in so many games is all on the players.
Thoroughly disgusting.
Nah. They should have largely kept the team they had, maybe sans Rust, focused on continue getting younger and gotten a platoon goalie.

Reactions: Darren McCord

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
The funny thing is that the UFA list is trash lol It’s going to be a long summer of nothing.

Lol just wait until they sign like tatar for 5 years

Means it could be a good summer to be big sellers.

We have nothing to sell lol

Nah. They should have largely kept the team they had, maybe sans Rust, focused on continue getting younger and gotten a platoon goalie.

Ya but instead they got older with Petry, Rutta, and Granlund

Reactions: Turin

Big Poppa Pump

Holla If Ya Hear Me
Feb 22, 2009
Jay Caufield, "Jersey has been the better team for 40 minutes. It's a pride thing now, take a piece of everybody"

Give Jay a sweater.....

Kristopher Letang

RIP Nipsey
Mar 7, 2013
Montréal, QC

Aim older brother! Put some respect on Hextall’s name!

F83C65DF-F319-4222-B00F-0BEDB63ECCDA.jpeg

Reactions: Darren McCord

turd

Feb 1, 2013
Jay Caufield, "Jersey has been the better team for 40 minutes. It's a pride thing now, take a piece of everybody"

Give Jay a sweater.....
I’ve been yelling for the same thing for however long now but it’s just not worth the breath. They aren’t good, they have no pride, and they are soft as baby shit. It’s a bad mix. And it really makes for boring, losing hockey.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018

Ya but instead they got older with Petry, Rutta, and Granlund
When you dominate the Rangers but lose in 7 because you have to play your third string goalie with a sub .850 save%, the solution is to trade your defensemen in their prime for older guys and keep your current goalies. It's just science.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Should have rebuilt in the summer. People shamed me for suggesting it though.
Ah well. At least we honored the core and got some nice pre-game ceremony moments.

Wasted f***ing year. Zero progress as an organization outside of retaining their 1st. What's worse is that they set it up to last this way.

But even if you put all that management shit aside, the fact that they legit coast in so many games is all on the players.
Thoroughly disgusting.
They should've f***ing done *something*. But instead the big moves of the past 12 months were locking into Carter, locking into Kap, acquiring Granlund, and shuffling the chairs on the blueline to no effect aside from getting more expensive and older. :laugh:

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
I used to think it was hard to do worse than what we have. Then we got Granlund. Albeit not a terrible player, but not AT ALL what we needed
Hard to make player moves when the coach being fired is the one you want to make and you keep having to move players away only to see them produce the way they should have, here.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
When you dominate the Rangers but lose in 7 because you have to play your third string goalie with a sub .850 save%, the solution is to trade your defensemen in their prime for older guys and keep your current goalies. It's just science.

You forgot about trading your third line to get even older right before playoffs

Reactions: canadianguy77

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
I'm fine with missing the playoffs if it guarantees Sully and Hextall are fired. I said 4 years ago this team would never win again with Sully's p***yfied 'system'

Reactions: Hank Plank

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
No. That wouldn't win them multiple rounds. If they're not winning in the playoffs then they are wasting seasons they could be using to accumulate assets.
Why not? Pens could have went to the ECF last year. Asset accumulation is for when Sid and Geno heavily decline or retire.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Absolutely pathetic that ownership/hextall can watch this shit and not immediately yeet Sullivan into the sun. Dude hast won a playoff series in 5 years
Also sad that Hextall still has a job to even be considering firing sully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad