Post-Game Talk: | Pens vs Caps | win | Geno redemption goal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
That was an awesome Geno moment.

Still, we turned the puck over a lot and gave up a lot of odd man breaks.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Two very important points especially considering the scores in the other games but this team sure has a knack of winning in a manner that leaves its fans somewhat disappointed. Funnily enough, we played better in the two losses this week but didn't have other team players assisting on our goals like in this one. Geno deserved a big moment like this, his line has been playing well but not scoring lately. Granlund moving there was unexpected, let's see how long it lasts. Poehling rewarded for his good play of late is nice too.

I wonder if there are stats how many rebound goals a team scores and how many it allows. It sure looks like the Pens must have a really negative differential in that category. And they once again started playing scared with a lead, at least this time there was a happy ending. Though Sully tried to ruin it by having Rust out for the final minute.

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
Never seen a team blow leafs like this. Not even close.

But hey, they won. Fell asleep during the second intermission. CDS at least looked good through 2. Just trying to find positives.

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
CDS was swimming on goals 1 and 3. He stopped enough for us to win, but he showed why we need to get Jarry right asap.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Someone needs to tell that dipshit coach that it isnt the 90s anymore, and that his tactics are lame and usually have the opposite effect of what he wants to happen. How much evidence does he need? Something tells me that he doesn’t actually understand what he’s watching.
I talked about this all season long. Glad Geno brought it up and one of the reporters asked Sully by quoting Geno. The problem is not that they pulled back a little bit with the lead. The problem is that they have no f***ing clue what to do then. I said so many times especially when the cameras show that angle: They just stand on that blue line in triangle but not doing much, almost like on the power play and let any good puck handler just weave through them and establish the zone time, after that our forwards are not pressing high, collapsing down and of course they are not good infront of the net, they are not great behind the goal etc...That wall in NZ should be higher and the pressure on the puck carrier should be deeper, the forwards should be more agressive, but they either don't have those kind of players or they just don't practice that...

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I think Fedun would be better in those moments, and im not joking…well sort of, but that’s how much I can’t stand Letang “defending” this year with the game on the line lol
Letang is not good at defense, he shows that over and over again, anything that he does when not in motion, anything that requires any kind of thinking he is bad at, he is bad behind our goal, got stripped too many times..but the second he is in forward motion, and crosses the blue line he is still very good, the worst ever coaching advice for him was to "simplify" his game, that was stupid, his best moments were when he is feewheeling and pushing the play. He also can eat a lot of minutes. But the worst thing he is just awful on PP, he kills every friggin PP, with his passes and now he has this shooting from everywhere, mostly muffins from the blue line that are either blocked or has zero chance to create anything

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
I just watched some of the highlights. Malkin’s goal was f***ing awesome.

Mantha has gotta be one of the worst supposedly good players in the league. That dude is a 6 foot 5 pile of crap.
It's amazing what the Caps gave up to get him as well. It's the sort of deal we would do.

Reactions: ncm7772

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
Letang is not good at defense, he shows that over and over again, anything that he does when not in motion, anything that requires any kind of thinking he is bad at, he is bad behind our goal, got stripped too many times..but the second he is in forward motion, and crosses the blue line he is still very good, the worst ever coaching advice for him was to "simplify" his game, that was stupid, his best moments were when he is feewheeling and pushing the play. He also can eat a lot of minutes. But the worst thing he is just awful on PP, he kills every friggin PP, with his passes and now he has this shooting from everywhere, mostly muffins from the blue line that are either blocked or has zero chance to create anything
Most Dmen in the NHL aren't playing 27-29 mins a night lately.

I am critical of Letang but we are a better team with him on it. Are the odd man rushes frustrating...... extremely. Are his distribution passes when he is on the point on the PP tiresome when he isn't putting it in the wheelhouse for an easy shot yes.

But he is a warrior out there and putting in mins that most all of NHL Dmen aren't capable.

People wanted us to replace him with Klingberg. Geezus

Reactions: Rudy Russo

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Nothing said negative about Letang or other players in the third period or CDS couple bad goals, but when asked about Malkin’s game winner, the coach had to go out of his way to say this: “He does some things out there, especially on the offensive side of the puck, that most players can't do. He also has moments without the puck where we'd like him to buy into the team concept, so to speak.”

lol, I wonder if this was in response to reporters telling him Malkin’s comments after the game about why they blow third period leads and him answering that it’s because they start playing too passive too early lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad