Post-Game Talk: |Pens vs Blues | Win | Why Husso gotta break my heart?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Applebee's

• Fancy restaurant

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Not a restaurant

Votes: 25 73.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Nice that we got the win, but holy hell this team needs another scoring winger so badly. Can't put teams away even when dominating the chances because of the collection of chest snipers we have.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Pens should have won this game like 6-2. Like 40 grade A slot/crease tips and one timers.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
I had to watch on DVR and was surprised at the warning. It wasn't the best hockey by either team, but it sure was fun. I thought both teams were sloppy. Both teams played loose. But I mean... the game was enjoyable.

Like i've been saying for some time, the PP needs to sure it up just a tad. Our defense has to play better. IMO Pets getting beat to the front of the net was bad. Math was smoked by Perron but come on.. Math had a good game. He got us one back with a rifle of a wrist/snap. Marino and Dumo looked like they trended up for at least a game. Letang was a roolllllerrrrcoaster.

But both teams played sloppy. As a fan - fun game. Can either team play like that with success in the playoffs? f*** no.
GDT was a bit of a rollercoaster of emotions with some posters. With that, the fact that some have asked that we try and be a little more positive and the fact I just wasnt in the mood to deal with it tonight, I decided to crush it before it started. ;)

I was very much prepared for a OT/shootout loss and a tidal wave of complaining. :laugh:

emotional-damage.gif

Overall it was a good game. Husso was a major factor, Pens couldnt get anything by him. Defense has to be better, so do our forwards away from the puck. At this point I am really starting to question the value of Letang, love the guy, but he has been a disaster for a good chunk of recent memory.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Yep. I asked the question about how people would feel over this seven-game stretch. I believe it was @Andy99 who said he'd be fine with that record.
How do the rest of the people here feel about that record? Me, personally, I feel pretty good.
I am happy with the record, but not happy with the overall play. We still are a disaster defensively, PP has not been good and Letang as been a complete tire fire. We need to tighten up our play, cant rely on Jarry to bail us out every game in the playoffs. I dont mind losing to teams who are better than us, I do mind losing to our own crappy play.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I am happy with the record, but not happy with the overall play. We still are a disaster defensively, PP has not been good and Letang as been a complete tire fire. We need to tighten up our play, cant rely on Jarry to bail us out every game in the playoffs. I dont mind losing to teams who are better than us, I do mind losing to our own crappy play.

I'd be happy with them fixing the damn PP. It seems to get its share of goals now and then simply because of the talent level on the ice and they can individually create some chances that result in goals, but the overall structure/strategy on the PP seems nonexistent. It's like the coaching staff just says, "Go do you" and leaves it up to the players to figure out how to create some chances.

The top teams on the PP look dangerous almost every chance they get a PP. Even on the PPs they don't score on, they generate multiple chances. With the Pens, they just don't look capable of sustained pressure. Every so often they'll zing the puck around crisply when all 5 guys are "feeling it", but all too often they don't seem to have any sort of strategy for the times they're not quite "on".

OtherThingsILike

May 6, 2020
Pittsburgh
I do think it's fair to point out when the team had played badly, but wouldn't you say they played well more often than they played badly?

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
I do think it's fair to point out when the team had played badly, but wouldn't you say they played well more often than they played badly?
Not really. Id say theyve played great for parts of the game and had Jarry bail them out for the rest of it. Winning games by only showing up for 20, 30 or 40min out of 60, is not a recipe for playoff success. Need to start seeing 50+ minutes a game of good hockey. Im not expecting them to always be the best team on the ice, but the energy and effort levels shouldnt be questioned.

Reactions: Ryder71

FunkySeeFunkyDo

Aug 3, 2014
It’s hilarious when you point out the moronic plays Letang constantly makes game in and game out and all his little fan boys & girls get so butt-hurt about it.
Constantly? Well I guess he more than makes it up with all that scoring he does. 7th most points over the last three years and 4th most even strength points. He’s scored more EVP than Hedman while playing 6 fewer games.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Jarry is still the mvp.

Sully still has no clue what accountability looks like and Rodrigues will still get a ton of chances he shouldn't be getting anymore.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Erod should be closer to healthy scratch status more than a line 1 candidate. Please stop with that nonsense, Sully. Bring back Puus for a game or two. With ZAR’s tummy ache, Erod sucking, injuries and the fact that Simon is an AHL player, there are plenty of spots for him.

Reactions: Darren McCord

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Nice to see that HOG and Pens x are taking great pleasure in the win at St. Louis.
With St. Louis having the 5th best home record in the league, these gentlemen clearly understand that getting 2 points here, in a game that was dominated thoroughly by the Pens, is a time where one tries to appreciate and consequently dial back the auto-pilot grievances just a tad.

For the rest of us, that might be a building block for considering them more than forum disfiguring morons also. So that's great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad