Salary Cap: Pens Salary thread: It has been 0 days since our last injury

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Remember when they sent someone down to Wheeling because it was just a paper transaction for cap reasons? Who was that?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I wonder what Zohorna is saying to himself right now.:laugh:
wat?? I thought Flames offered him NHL time....
Thats a bit of a dick move by claiming him to waive him.... has there been other scenarios that played out exactly like this one?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The only way I could see Smith going down making sense is because the Penguins don't have their first game until Thursday, so sending him down for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday just gives them 3 extra days to either explore POJ's market or waive him. I think there is no chance that Smith doesn't play in the first game of the season, though.

They probably should have just waived POJ yesterday and tried to sneak him through waivers behind Valimaki.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
The only way I could see Smith going down making sense is because the Penguins don't have their first game until Thursday, so sending him down for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday just gives them 3 extra days to either explore POJ's market or waive him. I think there is no chance that Smith doesn't play in the first game of the season, though.

They probably should have just waived POJ yesterday and tried to sneak him through waivers behind Valimaki.
I don’t think they wanted to potentially lose both Friedman and POJ as good depth Dmen…think they held off on a move until today to see if Friedman clears…

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
Interesting, Zohorna was waived by another team.

Someone was saying something about Zohorna and his value 🤣

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Do we know who clears waivers from yesterday before having to submit our waivers today? If Valimaki passes through then I suspect that's an indication that POJ would too.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
2 o'clock this after noon is the time that dictates some waiver claims. I still think Pens do a paper move on Smith and see if there is a potential deal with POJ or some one who is not considered irreplaceable. Teams have work to do and the fact there are many teams who need to get cap compliant will be interesting to see what happens. Pens will be compliant. But once the season starts having cap space will be a asset.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
I still have to think another move is coming. That 22 man roster would leave them compliant by only 44k, leaving no room for callups at all without a corresponding LTIR. That arrangement has burned us post trade deadline before. Assuming we will be that healthy all season is madness.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I still have to think another move is coming. That 22 man roster would leave them compliant by only 44k, leaving no room for callups at all without a corresponding LTIR. That arrangement has burned us post trade deadline before. Assuming we will be that healthy all season is madness.

Oh yeah, there 100% will be moves throughout the season to get a full 23-man roster. Injuries will happen not just on this team but others as well. I suspect that POJ, Pettersson, Blueger, McGinn, Kapanen, and even Dumoulin will be trade bait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad