Salary Cap: Pens '24-'25 Salary Thread: The Crosbicles Volume XIX

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
I give Dubas props for how he handled Jake. Just hate the trade return.
I don't think the offers for Jake were going to be great. Maybe blokes don't realize that. I like what the Pens got in the deal. I just don't like the fact that Sullivan will make sure it never looks good.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I tend to think Dubas WANTED quantity over quality along with a roster player. But who knows. I think the smart move is always quality if you can get it but I mean... if more than one of the guys acquired in the trade breaks loose then suddenly Dubas looks like a genius. It just seems unlikely.

Jake needed traded regardless. And if this was the only deal available I suppose it's better than nothing. Just as of right now... on paper... not super impressive for a 40 goal scoring 80+ point player. I realize people seem to place a lot of value in getting Bunting back but I suspect there is a very good chance people are going to rethink that after this season haha

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Vancouver got a better return for Horvat. That's a joke.
Horvat is a bigger and stronger player than Jake is and was at least 2yrs younger at the time of his trade.

Considering none of the players the canucks got back have made any impact, Beauvillier ended up being moved as well (now here)...I don't think so, Tim. They did get a protected first, that was a good move since that first was used to get Hronek, a better younger player like Horvat for that package, yeah.

Reactions: Dominance

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Horvat is a bigger and stronger player than Jake is and was at least 2yrs younger at the time of his trade.

Considering none of the players the canucks got back have made any impact, Beauvillier ended up being moved as well (now here)...I don't think so, Tim. They did get a protected first, that was a good move since that first was used to get Hronek, a better younger player like Horvat for that package, yeah.

Bizarre take. But it is from you so not surprised.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Bizarre take. But it is from you so not surprised.
Lol that is a dipshit reply even for you Gurgleshits.

Canucks dealt a younger player for a better return and maximized the deal further with a top pairing Defenseman with the first they got and their own second for Hronek.

Jake likely was seen as a player that was going to test the market and his value might have suffered for it, Canes took the risk, Rangers didn't even want to with the rumoured deal. It is what it is. It's either this deal or they get nothing when he walked.

In the end Jake did just that so other gms that balked were right to. He stayed in Carolina until the season ended and went for the biggest pay day in the best tax state. His motives were clear.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
Lol that is a dipshit reply even for you Gurgleshits.

Canucks dealt a younger player for a better return and maximized the deal further with a top pairing Defenseman with the first they got and their own second for Hronek.

Jake likely was seen as a player that was going to test the market and his value might have suffered for it, Canes took the risk, Rangers didn't even want to with the rumoured deal. It is what it is. It's either this deal or they get nothing when he walked.

In the end Jake did just that so other gms that balked were right to. He stayed in Carolina until the season ended and went for the biggest pay day in the best tax state. His motives were clear.

We had the best forward trade asset at the deadline and got a terrible return.

There’s no defending the quantity over quality deal we received.

We could’ve gotten a 1st and a NHL ready young player. Instead we took on a cap dump and a bunch of coin flips.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
We had the best forward trade asset at the deadline and got a terrible return.

There’s no defending the quantity over quality deal we received.

We could’ve gotten a 1st and a NHL ready young player. Instead we took on a cap dump and a bunch of coin flips.
Tell me who was giving that up.

The Rangers were the closest and decided it was too much for Jake. A first and Kakko was too much for the Rangers. Lol.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
The GM needed to find the team. Instead he overplayed his card and stuck to familiar favorites.
Did you wake up today wanting to be a whiny baby about this? Jesus Christ mate, you have no examples of offers other than the Rangers one and are whining about this now?

Bored? Go take a walk outside. Go touch grass.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
Did you wake up today wanting to be a whiny baby about this? Jesus Christ mate, you have no examples of offers other than the Rangers one and are whining about this now?

Bored? Go take a walk outside. Go touch grass.

Lindholm and Monahan returned 1sts.

Dubas got focused on his boy Bunting and the trade suffered because of it.

Hilarious to see the guy who posts literal paragraphs about Mike Sullivan and Matt Murray telling me to take a break.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Lindholm and Monahan returned 1sts.

Dubas got focused on his boy Bunting and the trade suffered because of it.

Hilarious to see the guy who posts literal paragraphs about Mike Sullivan and Matt Murray telling me to take a break.
Both are centers gone to teams that desperately needed centers.

Step away from the computer and go outside.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Not only did Horvat come with an extension, I really don't see how Beauvillier, Raty and pick #16 is better than Bunting, Koivunen, Ponomarev, Lucius and pick #42. I really like Raty but he's just another Koivunen/Ponomarev caliber prospect as well.

Again, the Penguins just decided to get 2 B prospects and a mid 2nd rather than a B prospect and a late 1st. That doesn't make the deal worse just because they didn't get a 1st.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
What exactly should Dubas have done? It’s easy to say “get better players” but were there better offers available that he declined?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Ah cool, we're back to complaining about getting pick #44 instead of #27

Yeah it's silly, the Penguins decided to get Koivunen, Ponomarev and pick #44 rather than just one of Koivunen/Ponomarev and pick #27. The two are about equal in value, Dubas just went with 2 prospects and a lesser pick than 1 prospect and a better pick.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Yeah it's silly, the Penguins decided to get Koivunen, Ponomarev and pick #44 rather than just one of Koivunen/Ponomarev and pick #27. The two are about equal in value, Dubas just went with 2 prospects and a lesser pick than 1 prospect and a better pick.
Not that it matters now, but to be honest I'd rather he just have went with the higher upside out of Koivunen and Ponomarev and pick #27 rather than both and pick #44.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad