Salary Cap: Pens '24-'25 Salary Thread: The Crosbicles Volume XIX

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Saw on a facebook blog that LA might be in the market for a center post-pre-season. We could easily send them Eller or Acciari for virtually nothing.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

Goodleaf

Love a good stick.
Nov 15, 2010
Saw on a facebook blog that LA might be in the market for a center post-pre-season. We could easily send them Eller or Acciari for virtually nothing.
Looking at their roster..they only have 2 RH forwards...Id be dangling Acciari or even Pulju. Not sure how much flexibility they have to make room for Acciari, and I dont see much in terms of a 1 for 1 deal.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
1727353901655.png

Kings with the budget Laf

Goodleaf

Love a good stick.
Nov 15, 2010
After seeing the lines in practice, lord Sully obviously feels the attempted youth movement this summer was a failure. Lets go out guns blazing...Rakell, Graves, Poulin and Puus to CGY for Huberdeau. Sorry everyone..slow day at the office.

keat.gif

• Haha
Reactions: GilbertSeinfeld

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
I like this even a 5th rounder.

Acciari I'd love to just ship off but I understand teams hesitant at a 2nd year. I'd give him away for future considerations.

Eller though I do think he should return something and ultimately who I'd rather keep.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
The job description reads "a better analytical way to win games without firing the obvious issue."
Why does it matter that Sully is the coach on a team going nowhere? I seriously don't understand the outrage when you consider this team is not a contender. Let him drive this team to the bottom. It's the best thing for us in the short term. In a couple years he'll be gone and then we'll start to crawl back out, but not for a while here.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
It was funny to me how this team got Matt Nieto, Vinny Hinostroza, and Noel Acciari in one off season. Nieto got hurt but was fairly ok-ish in the start, not great, but ok, Acciari was mostly ass which Sullivan adored, and Hinostroza I thought was fine when he was called up, but lol on top of that this team also had Jansen Harkins as a waiver claim that played 40 games, signed a PTO in Colin White that Sullivan played for 11 games and even a hiccup in the top 6, scored 0pts and Harkins scored 0 goals.

Its funny when you go back a few years and keep seeing this trend.

Jankowski had a good week of hockey, but was mostly crap, Gaudreau was great and was sent down and then recalled and stayed up when it was painfully obvious you can't send him down for how good he looked, but Jankowski got 45 games that season somehow. Well, we know why...Sully.

Then you just look at the veterans signed from 3 GM's (or were waiver claims) and the types are all typical Sullivan types.

Colton Sceviour
Josh Archibald
Mark Jankowski
Noel Acciari
Matt Nieto
Vinny Hinostroza
Greg McKegg
Josh Jooris
Andrew Agozzino
Joseph Blandisi
Drake Caggiula
Derek Grant
And now...
Emil Bemstrom
Blake Lizotte

All of these players got better shots on the roster than Hallander, Gruden, and even Poulin. Then of course, Ty Smith got shafted pretty hard - "Our Powerplay needs movement and help!"

Naturally let's just use Ludvig, Shea, and Ruhwedel for stretches lol.

Of course, Ryan Poehling, who could have been groomed into a solid 4C or potentially a 3C, went to Philly and did just that over there when he wasn't getting 80% DZ starts, lol. But Poehling was actually a fantastic forechecking player, he would cause so many turnovers which was awesome, but yeah, he wasn't enough of a Sullivan favourite to get better usage.

Doing anything he can to not play youth in any meaningful way, well except 1 player - DOC.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Pens will have to move either Eller and or Acciari. Cap space and getting eventually younger. better and bigger is the goal. We are in the 8th inning of the old regime. We are in the second inning of the new one. Broz, Rutger, St Ivany, DOC, Pickering, Ponomarev, younger RD drafted and adding through the draft and trades to get there.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
It was funny to me how this team got Matt Nieto, Vinny Hinostroza, and Noel Acciari in one off season. Nieto got hurt but was fairly ok-ish in the start, not great, but ok, Acciari was mostly ass which Sullivan adored, and Hinostroza I thought was fine when he was called up, but lol on top of that this team also had Jansen Harkins as a waiver claim that played 40 games, signed a PTO in Colin White that Sullivan played for 11 games and even a hiccup in the top 6, scored 0pts and Harkins scored 0 goals.

Jankowski had a good week of hockey, but was mostly crap, Gaudreau was great and was sent down and then recalled and stayed up when it was painfully obvious you can't send him down for how good he looked, but Jankowski got 45 games that season somehow. Well, we know why...Sully.

Then you just look at the veterans signed from 3 GM's (or were waiver claims) and the types are all typical Sullivan types.

Colton Sceviour
Josh Archibald
Mark Jankowski
Noel Acciari
Matt Nieto
Vinny Hinostroza
Greg McKegg
Josh Jooris
Andrew Agozzino
Joseph Blandisi
Drake Caggiula
Derek Grant
And now...
Emil Bemstrom
Blake Lizotte

All of these players got better shots on the roster than Hallander, Gruden, and even Poulin. Then of course, Ty Smith got shafted pretty hard - "Our Powerplay needs movement and help!"

Of course, Ryan Poehling, who could have been groomed into a solid 4C or potentially a 3C, went to Philly and did just that over there when he wasn't getting 80% DZ starts, lol. But Poehling was actually a fantastic forechecking player, he would cause so many turnovers which was awesome, but yeah, he wasn't enough of a Sullivan favourite to get better usage.

Doing anything he can to not play youth in any meaningful way, well except 1 player - DOC.

As someone who watches the Kings a ton, we're all gonna love Lizotte. I wouldn't bash that move.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020

Colton Sceviour
Josh Archibald
Mark Jankowski
Noel Acciari
Matt Nieto
Vinny Hinostroza
Greg McKegg
Josh Jooris
Andrew Agozzino
Joseph Blandisi
Drake Caggiula
Derek Grant
And now...
Emil Bemstrom
Blake Lizotte

For some reason I can’t make things bold? Anyways the Poehling thing always bothered me. Young, big, fast for his size. I get he had back issues but it seems like we just let another young player walk that would have been better than the old vets we currently put there.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
One year ago, he made it clear to his agent, Ben Hankinson, and Penguins president of hockey operations/general manager Kyle Dubas where he wanted to play in the second half of his career.

“Staying in Pittsburgh was always the goal,” he said. “That’s very fair to say. I told Hank at the beginning of last year, ‘Let’s get something done. This is where I want to be.'”

The deal never happened, and ultimately, Dubas traded him to Carolina.

“You realize that it’s a business really fast,” Guentzel said.

Reactions: eXile3

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
One year ago, he made it clear to his agent, Ben Hankinson, and Penguins president of hockey operations/general manager Kyle Dubas where he wanted to play in the second half of his career.

“Staying in Pittsburgh was always the goal,” he said. “That’s very fair to say. I told Hank at the beginning of last year, ‘Let’s get something done. This is where I want to be.'”

The deal never happened, and ultimately, Dubas traded him to Carolina.

“You realize that it’s a business really fast,” Guentzel said.
Jake doing the most talking and Dubas seemed to make it clear that he doesn't agree with what Jake claims and stated as much about it by saying he's entitled to say what he wants.

As someone who watches the Kings a ton, we're all gonna love Lizotte. I wouldn't bash that move.
I wasn't. I was stating how Sullivan will want literally anyone but the Pens own drafted or developed players. Some of those players aren't the issue.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad