Salary Cap: Pens '23-'24 Salary Cap Thread: "Youth movement is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
I imagine his agent knows and will disclose it if a GM asks. Not like Dubas is trying to get his player news from HFBoards or Sportsnet.

Still needs to be out there. You cant sign a player after that and just tell fans, players and media not to worry about. That would be so dumb and a huge distraction.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Still needs to be out there. You cant sign a player after that and just tell fans, players and media not to worry about. That would be so dumb and a huge distraction.
I don't think Dubas would care about fans angst over not knowing the nitty-gritty details of the situation. It's as big of a deal and distraction as a few random fans would make it. I highly doubt the majority of fans would care.

The second Perry scores a goal or helps the PP, 99.9% of fans would stop caring. For the other 0.1% that still care, there was already nothing that could be said to change the opinion, so who gives a f*** about them?

Reactions: Victor Z

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
I don't think Dubas would care about fans angst over not knowing the nitty-gritty details of the situation. It's as big of a deal and distraction as a few random fans would make it. I highly doubt the majority of fans would care.

The second Perry scores a goal or helps the PP, 99.9% of fans would stop caring. For the other 0.1% that still care, there was already nothing that could be said to change the opinion, so who gives a f*** about them?

I mean that is fine but i disagree a lot. The move would get a ton of attention to a team that is already struggling. It would be a ton of negative press if nothing comes out. Just like people are complaining about chicago's lack of clarity. that would happen here.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I mean that is fine but i disagree a lot. The move would get a ton of attention to a team that is already struggling. It would be a ton of negative press if nothing comes out. Just like people are complaining about chicago's lack of clarity. that would happen here.
It wouldn't be a ton of negative press. I would be one or two low-credibility yahoos who want to get the clicks from sick-minded people who just "have to know" for morbid reasons. There would be zero impactful resolution if the full story comes out. The people who are in the "tell us now!" pool would just use the official, truthful story as a new ground to bash Perry or Chicago. So like I said, there wouldn't be any peaceful resolution from the people who are still beating the drum so why would any professional organization give a f*** about appeasing them? I wouldn't. Chicago certainly doesn't. Perry doesn't. All of the information is being pushed by people who live and die by clicks. For f*** sake, go pick a tabloid up in the line at the grocery store if you're that desperate for garbage.

People think they have a lot more "rights" to information than what they really have. Chicago has given the information they can and Perry's contract was terminated. The police aren't involved so you can scale what occurred pretty well. People get fired and rehired all the time. If Perry signed here, the Dubas statement would be "We signed Perry and we hope he will have a positive impact on the ice. We won't be commenting on anything regarding the previous incident". Only the people not worth appeasing would be squawking at that point. I imagine Mark Madden would ride the emotionally unstable wave on it for a while so...that's who's company those people would likely keep.

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017
Last 2 seasons with Tampa his power play stat were alright I guess. 6 goals each season with like 1:48 and 1:43 of power play time per game. But his overall ice time dropped from 13 minutes plus to just over 9 minutes.
Did he become that bad? And he's just getting 14 plus minutes in Chicago because they suck?

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
It wouldn't be a ton of negative press. I would be one or two low-credibility yahoos who want to get the clicks from sick-minded people who just "have to know" for morbid reasons. There would be zero impactful resolution if the full story comes out. The people who are in the "tell us now!" pool would just use the official, truthful story as a new ground to bash Perry or Chicago. So like I said, there wouldn't be any peaceful resolution from the people who are still beating the drum so why would any professional organization give a f*** about appeasing them? I wouldn't. Chicago certainly doesn't. Perry doesn't. All of the information is being pushed by people who live and die by clicks. For f*** sake, go pick a tabloid up in the line at the grocery store if you're that desperate for garbage.

People think they have a lot more "rights" to information than what they really have. Chicago has given the information they can and Perry's contract was terminated. The police aren't involved so you can scale what occurred pretty well. People get fired and rehired all the time. If Perry signed here, the Dubas statement would be "We signed Perry and we hope he will have a positive impact on the ice. We won't be commenting on anything regarding the previous incident". Only the people not worth appeasing would be squawking at that point. I imagine Mark Madden would ride the emotionally unstable wave on it for a while so...that's who's company those people would likely keep.

I agree as long as we do our due diligence and the incident wasn't sexual or racial in nature.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Eh, I don't think Rak's (or Jake or Rust) is the net front guy. To me it's either JC or Z to be the screener.

I know Kessel will never happen bc Sully hated him, but here's my reasoning:

1. If this team is insistent on being a "perimeter" PP team then there is no better perimeter guy than Kessel. His shot and his passing are still on point. It's his legs that are done.
2. We talked yesterday about bringing on a lesser 5 v 5 guy in exchange for their proficiency on the PP

But I am in no way advocating they bring on a perimeter type player. I think this team needs more net-front guys. But it seems no one wants to go there so if you're going all in on being a perimeter setup, just go nuclear with it...
You bring Kessel in as cheap depth. Like for 1.0 like he was for Vegas.

I’d give him a shot…he might develop someone as a net front presence on the PP and if not, at least we’ve got a whole lot more boinking going on, which is always fun…

speaking of fun, where is our GDT for this game?

Some lazy people outside of the norm would be nice.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
1701383472275.png

John Marino still sucks.

@ChaosAgent @KrisLetAngry

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I agree as long as we do our due diligence and the incident wasn't sexual or racial in nature.
100%

He issued the apology and alluded to alcohol issues. I could see him being drunk and "acting inappropriately" (and I guess we can all speculate on what exactly that means). Battery or assault of those natures, yeah that's hard to reconcile.

"I didn't get the gory details so I say no!!!" is a low IQ response to the situation.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Dang Zadorov to a division rival for very little. Good deal for Van.

If all Perry did was be belligerent or something I wouldn’t mind adding him to the 4th line lol

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
100%

He issued the apology and alluded to alcohol issues. I could see him being drunk and "acting inappropriately" (and I guess we can all speculate on what exactly that means). Battery or assault of those natures, yeah that's hard to reconcile.

"I didn't get the gory details so I say no!!!" is a low IQ response to the situation.
What detail do you really need other than he was summarily fired from his team? That's rare, and a major red flag. Reminds me of how everyone was giving Galchenyuk the benefit of the doubt.

Reactions: Darren McCord

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
100%

I am not saying it all needs to come out and I never said that. But more needed to happen and more needed to be said. I also said that before his statement came out. You can say all you want about it not affecting things but it affects a locker room if a player comes in under completed secrets circumstances. I do think it changes somewhat that he released a statement though and there isn't this weird silence over it. I still wouldn't bring him in though.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I am not saying it all needs to come out and I never said that. But more needed to happen and more needed to be said. I also said that before his statement came out. You can say all you want about it not affecting things but it affects a locker room if a player comes in under completed secrets circumstances. I do think it changes somewhat that he released a statement though and there isn't this weird silence over it. I still wouldn't bring him in though.
But it won't be complete secrecy in the locker room. I would bet the majority of players know by now. They just aren't advertising it to the world. Hawks can't, Perry won't, and players/others in the know have the good sense to leave it alone.

You're not always invited to people's execution.

Last edited:

DrDangles

Mar 1, 2013
I would 100% take Perry if all he did was make an ass of himself, and I wouldn't stop there either. Trade Nieto + whatever pick or prospect for a guy like Blais too. We need a bottom 6 that brings something every night if they're not chipping in on the scoresheet.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Jarry playing solid and scoring a goal, his trade value wont get any higher. :sarcasm:

I would 100% take Perry if all he did was make an ass of himself, and I wouldn't stop there either. Trade Nieto + whatever pick or prospect for a guy like Blais too. We need a bottom 6 that brings something every night if they're not chipping in on the scoresheet.
I'd go after Perry and Raddysh like @Empoleon8771 mentioned. Both get tryouts at making the goalies life harder. Maybe have them both infront of the net with Malkin/Crosby/Karlsson shooting.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Jarry playing solid and scoring a goal, his trade value wont get any higher. :sarcasm:

I'd go after Perry and Raddysh like @Empoleon8771 mentioned. Both get tryouts at making the goalies life harder. Maybe have them both infront of the net with Malkin/Crosby/Karlsson shooting.

Nah Perry is a loser. 3 cup finals in a row and no cup. And now even more baggage. Don't want him

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA
Nah Perry is a loser. 3 cup finals in a row and no cup. And now even more baggage. Don't want him
Years ago (10 or so?), I remember reading where Crosby was asked what his ideal winger would be and he mentioned Perry. I know it's been a while and Perry has aged but he definitely brings what this team is lacking.

Guentzel Crosby Rakell
Smith Malkin Rust
O'Connor Eller Perry
Nieto Acciari Zohorna
Carter

Reactions: 66-30-33

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Played a great role in all three trips to the Cup finals though.

Plays a style we lack and would be a great net-front presence that we sorely lack.

There's just not many guys like him that are ever really available.

I mean, yeah, it's obviously under less-than-desirable circumstances but at some point you have to decide if he helps or not. Edmonton brought back Kane even with all of his drama. If think if you could pick up a guy like Raddysh and sign Perry, I think we'd have a much more solid group:

Jake-Sid-Rust
Smith-Geno-Rakell
Zohorna-Eller-Perry
Nieto-Accari-Raddysh

With the ability of Zoho, Perry, and Raddysh to mix and match in the bottom 6. I think it would give a good bump to the 4th lines scoring ability. I actually really like these lines because one is a heavy line and the other is a speedy-skilled line so your bottom 6 can have different looks when needed. That said I would also keep advocating for Dube from Calgary while sending POJ and DOC there. Or Hinostranza.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I think people need to be a little bit careful what they wish for when it comes to the bottom 6. It would be very easy to recreate seasons past where they still don't really score much, but give up a f***ton of goals.

Raddysh has 4 even strength points getting 16min a night with 53% O-zone starts. Nieto, as boring as he may be, has 4 points and is a +5 while getting 11.5 min/night and 87%(!) D-zone starts. Acciari is similar (3points, +4, basically the same usage). I also understand the logic of putting him net front on the PP, but I have about 0.0% faith that he would even be given a shot at it let alone excel there.

Perry is a little more interesting, but I would be worried about him as well. He was baaaaaaaaaaaaad last year. He's been better this year, but he's been used in offensive situations his entire career (typically around 63% O-zone starts). Even in his twilight years. I'd be worried how he handles getting 60-90% D-zone starts instead in a Sullivan bottom 6.

I could probably be talked into signing Perry pending whatever he got terminated for, Raddysh would have to be real cheap (like Ruhwedel or Hino or something), but I definitely don't see the need for both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad