Post-Game Talk: Pens 2, Oilers 1: The Junior Player Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Dumoulin is our best defenseman and is the best rookie D I've seen in a Pens uniform in a LONG time. He may not be as dynamic as Maatta was in 13-14, but holy hell, is he solid and reliable.

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
Hasn't been pretty.. but winning 9 out of the last 10 is amazing.

I now know how Devils fans feel

The GM

Jun 7, 2012
Dumoulin is our best defenseman and is the best rookie D I've seen in a Pens uniform in a LONG time. He may not be as dynamic as Maatta was in 13-14, but holy hell, is he solid and reliable.

Not sue he is classified a rookie but I could be wrong

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
We are literally the nashville predators now......but hey, 6 game win streak!!

Yep.

Fast Fact: Optically L1 and L2 look better and Sid/Horny and Geno/Kessel are more natural combinations. But, one goal between the two lines in three games . . . flip Fehr and Horny next game. Sid and Horny need some skill help (Fehr shows flashes in this area but not consistency of a Perron, and Geno and Kessel need some jam help (Perron shows flashes in this area but not consistency of a Fehr).

High Flying Birds

Aug 29, 2009
Victoria, B.C
Don't even know what to make of this team. Zatkoff is a mix of incredible luck and some unorthodox skill mixed in. Most of our defenseman can't move the puck to the forwards who in turn are struggling to generate legit scoring chances. Despite all these things, we're winning. I'm not entirely sure if that's a good thing however.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Hasn't been pretty.. but winning 9 out of the last 10 is amazing.

I now know how Devils fans feel

The Devils never had Crosby and Malkin.

EDIT: Watching Malkin, it's like I'm now watching Datsyuk on steroids defensively (I say 'on steroids' because the Kessel/Perron combo is below average defensively and there's a 2 in 3 chance of being on the ice with a **** defensive unit on any given shift).

Rocket of Russia

Needs more Tang
Mar 8, 2012
USA
So sick of hearing about the Pittsburgh Penguins' new commitment to defense. "They tried it committed to offense before. They're trying it with defense now." Now they weren't and no they're not. They NEVER built offensively around Sid or Geno and it wasn't until NOW that they did!

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
Even though the Pens are 7-6.. I'm happy with the effort they're giving each and every night.

It's kinda impressive that they're even 7-6 when you consider the lack of production they're getting from Malkin, Sid, Perron, and Hornqvist.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
The Devils never had Crosby and Malkin.

EDIT: Watching Malkin, it's like I'm now watching Datsyuk on steroids defensively (I say 'on steroids' because the Kessel/Perron combo is below average defensively and there's a 2 in 3 chance of being on the ice with a **** defensive unit on any given shift).

Geno is playing Selke-level D. Too bad it is a reputation award. There are still gonna give it to Toews or Bergeron.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
So it's decision time for Sprong.

I assume he's gonna play tomorrow night and he's staying up.
Add in the fact that Dupuis may never touch NHL ice again.

Slim chance that they fly in an AHL'er/dress 11 F's and send Sprong back at this point.

Great goal tonight too.

Mike Lange Version 2

Jun 8, 2015
Houston, TX
Yep.

Fast Fact: Optically L1 and L2 look better and Sid/Horny and Geno/Kessel are more natural combinations. But, one goal between the two lines in three games . . . flip Fehr and Horny next game. Sid and Horny need some skill help (Fehr shows flashes in this area but not consistency of a Perron, and Geno and Kessel need some jam help (Perron shows flashes in this area but not consistency of a Fehr).

I agree, Malkin and Kessel can do enough on their own. Having Perron on Crosby's left would be helpful.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Blah, blah, blah. Defensive pairings suck, Sprong needs more ice time, I miss Clendening, the forward combinations aren't great, Kunitz and Scuderi are irredeemable. Zatkoff is a nightmare that found success in the face of logic.

Retire, Dupuis.

Cole shouldn't be with Letang, let him be the RD on a lower pairing. Letang being bad individually is compounding Cole's issues, though. Maatta isn't going to get back up to speed with Scuderi.

Maatta/Dumoulin-Letang
Maatta/Dumoulin-Cole/Clendening
X-Cole/Clendening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad