GDT: Penguins v Oilers 7 EST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BobCole

May 21, 2014
It cracks me up how the most successful franchise of the past 3 decades has the most miserable fan base on here.
This. This is the first time I've opened a GDT before a game this season and - not to my surprise - it's full of people actively routing against their own team. Mind boggling. I don't live in Pittsburgh so this forum provides the only opportunity I have to engage with Pens "fans," but I don't think I'm going to stick around much longer. This forum is a ****ing embarrassment. I hope the discourse among Pens fans in Pittsburgh is nothing like this.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
We
This. This is the first time I've opened a GDT before a game this season and - not to my surprise - it's full of people actively routing against their own team. Mind boggling. I don't live in Pittsburgh so this forum provides the only opportunity I have to engage with Pens "fans," but I don't think I'm going to stick around much longer. This forum is a ****ing embarrassment. I hope the discourse among Pens fans in Pittsburgh is nothing like this.

I like the Pens but breaking up a line that has been on absolute fire is so dumb.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
The team hasn't been playing well lately. They look like they have the last bunch of years they hit the skids in the post season. And most scuttlebutt seems to be that this is the last hurrah of this core.

I wouldn't have exactly expected pom poms.

I don't see anything overly negative. People mostly irritated about lineups. Ho hum. Been that way since you guys were probably loving this place.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Yes, instead of being negative when the team is struggling, it would make for better conversation if everyone instead just praised everything the team does and pretended that nothing is wrong so not to risk clogging up a thread with negativity.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Just wait until Sully goes uber-troll and runs something like :

McGinn-Crosby-ERod
Zucker-Malkin-Heinen
Jake-Carter-Rakell
Boyle-Blueger-Kap

Sully : "Rust isn't sparking either line, so I'm giving him a day off, and it's going to be a cold day in hell before Geno ever gets Jake."
Depth man!!!

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Yes, instead of being negative when the team is struggling, it would make for better conversation if everyone instead just praised everything the team does and pretended that nothing is wrong so not to risk clogging up a thread with negativity.

When the team is struggling I've found it's best to simply sit and stare at a blank GDT with a giant maniacal smile on my face.

BobCole

May 21, 2014
There's a chasm of difference between taking issue with a seemingly illogical coaching decision (or even the countless coaching decisions you may gripe with) and the outright misery you all express here.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I take issue with a lot of Sully's coaching decisions and lineup decisions but Rakell off of Sid's wing is absolutely, indefensibly asinine. Just utter nonsense.

Reactions: canadianguy77

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Lighten up, man…people aren’t really rooting against the Pens, they’re just being sassy…have a little sarcasm with your day

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
There's a chasm of difference between taking issue with a seemingly illogical coaching decision (or even the countless coaching decisions you may gripe with) and the outright misery you all express here.

Everyone here is a huge Penguins fan. Or they wouldn't be here like every day.

Tone is irrelevant. Everyone fans different.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
When the team is struggling I've found it's best to simply sit and stare at a blank GDT with a giant maniacal smile on my face.

On a serious note, I'm just not entirely sure what some "fans" (I can use quotation marks too!) expect to see when a team is struggling or when a coach makes inexplicable line changes. People need a bit of perspective. Go read other teams' GDTs when they're winning versus when they're losing and see whether the GDT during slumps is all roses and rainbows. It's not a "Penguins" thing, it's called fans being frustrated at what they perceive as bad decisions being made.

BobCole

May 21, 2014
Lighten up, man…people aren’t really rooting against the Pens, they’re just being sassy…have a little sarcasm with your day
I'm tuning in to see McDavid and Draisaitl light up the Pens while Sullivan's re-uniting of GCR does absolutely nothing to spark the offense and we get shutout by 100 year old Mike Smith.

Hopefully we just lose the last two games at this point…only a full scale disaster will get Sully to make the necessary changes to his system to give us the best chance to contend in the POs…hopefully McD and Drai get pucks in transition for breakaways and the players keep losing their man in front of the net…also lots of chest snipes on Smith…Let’s do it, boys!

The latter two posts aren't sassiness, and they're literally the first two posts in this thread. The irony is that it's posters like these who will also accuse the players of quitting. These guys would be the FIRST to mope and "quit" on each other if they were on the ice themselves.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
I take issue with a lot of Sully's coaching decisions and lineup decisions but Rakell off of Sid's wing is absolutely, indefensibly asinine. Just utter nonsense.
I think I’d rather he just throw Jake to Geno and send Zucker or someone else not Erod up to L1 with Sid and Rakell. I didn’t see much from Geno/Rakell.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
The latter two posts aren't sassiness, and they're literally the first two posts in this thread. The irony is that it's posters like these who will also accuse the players of quitting. These guys would be the FIRST to mope and "quit" on each other if they were on the ice themselves.

If you knew my posting style at all, you'd realize how often it's dripping in sarcasm.

If I say "I'm just looking forward to seeing the Pens swept in the first round, losing 5-0 every game because of Sullivan's stubbornness", that doesn't mean that's literally what I WANT to happen. It's me being sarcastic about what I feel about our chances.

In any case, why not actually discuss what you want to discuss? Adding "this place is an embarrassment" without actually talking about the upcoming game doesn't exactly add a lot to this forum you hate so much.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

yes they are…one poster was expressing his frustration in an outlandish way and I decided to make an even more outlandish desire for the game in jest based upon that…these posts are not serious…you need to develop a better humor meter if you’re going to be on the Internet…don’t take everything stated so literally

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
lol nobody REALLY wants to see this team lose. Not even pens x

Come on. It's no wonder some of you guys come across so unhappy. You think we're dead serious.

ThosePuckingPenguins

Apr 28, 2009
Pennsylvania
I remember reading this board a lot during the 2016 playoffs and like half this board convinced themselves we were going to get bounced out of the playoffs after every loss. So while there are reasons for legitimate gripes with this team and lineup decisions, this board definitely tends to scew more on the negative side.

Reactions: BobCole

BobCole

May 21, 2014
So let me get this straight, you guys kick off the thread by saying how terrible the team is and you hope we lose 5-0 and blah blah blah.

I say that this is embarrassing to read as a Pens fan trying to engage with other Pens fans.

Y'all say that I'm the problem for not appreciating your sarcasm?

I want to discuss the team, not engage in whatever all of this is.

Like I said, I think I'm about done here. I've had this account for 8 years, had another one for many years prior to that. Actually used to be a member of the original Pens message board that I think was part of the team's website if I recall. But this level of "discourse" is the worst I've seen, and for Christ's sake we're a fanbase that has everything to be grateful for.

I made the mistake of peering into a GDT thread today for the first time this season, and I definitely won't be doing it again.

BobCole

May 21, 2014
I remember reading this board a lot during the 2016 playoffs and like half this board convinced themselves we were going to get bounced out of the playoffs after every loss. So while there are reasons for legitimate gripes with this team and lineup decisions, this board definitely tends to scew more on the negative side.
Yep, I remember reading exactly these posts in '16. Then I remember some of those people proclaiming they would never behave this way again (post '16 Cup) but it's actually gotten worse here.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
So let me get this straight, you guys kick off the thread by saying how terrible the team is and you hope we lose 5-0 and blah blah blah.

I say that this is embarrassing to read as a Pens fan trying to engage with other Pens fans.

I want to discuss the team, not engage in whatever all of this is.

Like I said, I think I'm about done here. I've had this account for 8 years, had another one for many years prior to that. Actually used to be a member of the original Pens message board that I think was part of the team's website if I recall. But this level of "discourse" is the worst I've seen, and for Christ's sake we're a fanbase that has everything to be grateful for.

I made the mistake of peering into a GDT thread today for the first time this season, and I definitely won't be doing it again.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Well then what the hell do you WANT to talk about, man?

Frankly ya'll seem like you're just as happy being miserable as we are!

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

Actually, not a single person has called you the problem? Not sure why you think it's us that's trying to chase you away from posting. You're the one that's decided not to post because you think this forum is an embarrassment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad