Penguins Training Camp Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
thought it might be nice to have a thread on training camp. mods feel free to delete if you disagree :)

Observations from those that can go attend the open camps and other thoughts could go here.

Also any info on streaming of camp or if it's on TV could go here too.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Any Geno sightings would be appreciated . . . ;)

Molinari said on twitter that Geno is arriving in Pittsburgh today and will skate tomorrow. Also the roster will be set by Friday 3PM, which is a day before the opening game against Philly.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Oh man, I would have been there, but then I realized I have the HF Boards fantasy draft today at 4. I didn't want to bail on the gang, and I didn't want to list a queue in proxy.

It is a great day to go, being unseasonably warm today.

I hope to read some detailed reports from all who attend.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Oh man, I would have been there, but then I realized I have the HF Boards fantasy draft today at 4. I didn't want to bail on the gang, and I didn't want to list a queue in proxy.

dedication man. I like it :nod:

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

I was just thinking, TD will be there...

My favorite poster has let me down.

I feel sick.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
I'm assuming these are the lines they are using in drills...

Eric Majeski ‏@LGP_netwolf
Crosby, Kunitz, Dupuis Engo, Despres

Glass, Adams, Vitale Orpik, Martin

Lovejoy-Bortuzzo

Neal, Jeffrey, Tangradi

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
I was just thinking, TD will be there...

My favorite poster has let me down.

I feel sick.

Oh man.....I feel shame......haha. I would LOVE to be there. But then I would have some angry campers here in the fold if I ditched the draft. (that would be very rude of me) Gotta keep my commitment.

Hottubber

Feb 9, 2010
Wonder if Tanger considers that an upgrade over his previous two options?

I think he would have to. I have a feeling Nisky is going to suprise a lot of people this year. He was playing very solid at the end of last year and even stepped up his physical game IMO

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Highland Park Hockey ‏@H_P_Hockey
Seeing Steve MacIntyre claimed by the Maple Leafs. Awaiting confirmation. #WBSPens #AHL

And I just said in the other thread that I didn't think any of our guys on waivers would get claimed :laugh:. Which goons are available in Free Agency still?

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
So that whole Dejan comment about the org being disappointed with Despres' commitment was BS?

MonsterSurge

Nov 14, 2011
We lost MacIntyre? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

Anyway...I should be going tomorrow.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I think he would have to. I have a feeling Nisky is going to suprise a lot of people this year. He was playing very solid at the end of last year and even stepped up his physical game IMO
I hope you're right. I will in fact be surprised if Niskanen plays full time with Letang and is considered successful there.
And I just said in the other thread that I didn't think any of our guys on waivers would get claimed :laugh:. Which goons are available in Free Agency still?

Who the hell cares?

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Oh man.....I feel shame......haha. I would LOVE to be there. But then I would have some angry campers here in the fold if I ditched the draft. (that would be very rude of me) Gotta keep my commitment.

You need a smartphone TD.

Half my posts now come when I'm stuck baby clothes shopping.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
I hope you're right. I will in fact be surprised if Niskanen plays full time with Letang and is considered successful there.

Who the hell cares?

Shero does I imagine, no one as scary as Big Mac available though.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Hope Mac actually did get claimed. That'll take a pointless security blanket away from Shero and DB. And even more importantly... I hope they don't try to replace him. That era is gone, gone, gone. Get someone in there with some jam who can actually play.

Stecz

Jul 28, 2010
So that whole Dejan comment about the org being disappointed with Despres' commitment was BS?

Really? Dejean is full of BS? There's a surprise...

I hope we don't pick up a goon, we don't really need one. Mac was absolutely useless last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad