Confirmed Trade: [NYR/PIT] Riley Smith to Rangers for 2027 2nd, 2025 5th

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I would be interested in Smith for Kakko, honestly. That would align with what Dubas has been discussing.

I may bust a rib laughing if it's Trouba retained for Smith. I secretly want it to happen for the drama. A 2026 third makes sense though.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
Who are the Penguins going to play at forwards? Why is Crosby even staying
He had a promising start. First... 15 or so games to the season. Most Pens fans were loving the addition of him onto the team. But then it went off a cliff. For the vast majority of the season he just seemed disinterested and giving only half hearted efforts. Even then he was paired with Crosby or Malkin in the top 6. He just looked like a parody of a top six winger out there. I never read anything in print but it was on Pittsburgh radio that behind the scenes he was vocally complaining about being traded away from Vegas most of the season. So hey... I will take a 2nd and 5th for him considering a 3rd was spent on him. Thanks for the handful of good games... But goodbye...

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
This guy was a huge floater and never looked happy to be here. Good riddance.

NYR is a much better situation for him and he's a pending FA so maybe he will actually try on the Rangers.

Reactions: domaug

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
Yeah because Smith totally wasnt being vocal to the media how much he hated being here, never wanted to leave Vegas and he totally didnt fall off a cliff past November and didnt even bother putting in half assed efforts the rest of the year.
It's moreso Pittsburgh's bleak future and ruderless direction than this specific move.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad