Penguins to retire Jagr’s #68

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
FINALLY

jctvbtG.jpg

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Needed to wait a while for the hate to die down. He was still getting booed every time he touched the puck as recently as 2015. But #68 getting retired was inevitable - all 5 of his art rosses and both cups were won with the penguins. Time heals all wounds.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
When he has his speech

‘I’m dying alive’

Wonder if fleury gets his too, they all loved him here and he got 3 cups here.
Doubt it tbh. Pens are very stingy about retiring numbers. Out of the current gen it'll just be Crosby and Malkin.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Wonder if fleury gets his too, they all loved him here and he got 3 cups here.
I think with the sheer volume of Yinzer love for MAF, you could bet your house on it. Letang too. We will have plenty of feel good nostalgia nights during the long rebuild.

Now that Jagr is happening, I’d love to see them consider hanging a #10 as well. Only 8 years with the franchise but my god, they were good years.

Last edited:

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
kinda classless this hasn’t been done sooner

He only finished playing in the NHL in 2018, and is STILL playing in the Czech league. The way he was going it was still very much a possibility he might have come back to the league in the last few years.

You can't have someone's retired number up in the rafters only to have them come back in opposition colours.

Plus - you need Jagr to be there. It's also possible he didn't want to come back to Pittsburgh in this way until now.

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
Will the Penguins make MADE IN CANADA remakes of every jersey Jagr wore as a Penguin for sale like Anaheim did with Selanne for his retirement night?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad