Penguins reduce their roster by 6 players

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
The fact that we're doing this mere months after JR publicly admitted what a mistake he made in trading Despres for Lovejoy makes the Pens decision to bury skilled young forwards for the sake of another familiar, impotent veteran that much more delicious.

"We were dumb, but we never learn from our mistakes so deal with it."

You fool, you're comparing forwards to defensemen. Completely different.

Remember how Pouliot made Morrow and then Despres expendable (something like that)? Guess what Sprong did? Those deals worked out so well overall. :laugh:

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Have wonder how much hinges on Sprong's nine games.

That would put it close to the time Fehr is expected back. If he does just OK, then it's easy to send him back to the Q to make room for Fehr. But if Sprong continues to play above expectations, it opens up some interesting possibilities.

I'm curious to to see how they use him in the line-up during games. Will he see some shifts with Geno and Plots? Will they try him on his off wing with Sid and Kessel? Or will they try him as Sid's RW and give Geno a few shifts with Kessel?

I'm starting to feel like Alice ... I've already thought of 10 impossible things before tea time :laugh:

Our 4th line will be Sprong-Dupuis-Perron.:D But our 3rd will be Bonino-BB-Plots......

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
You fool, you're comparing forwards to defensemen. Completely different.

Remember how Pouliot made Morrow and then Despres expendable (something like that)? Guess what Sprong did? Those deals worked out so well overall. :laugh:

We really are like those poor souls who win the jackpot but have no idea how to handle money and end up on skid row after a few years.

Instead of investing smartly we just blow it all on new houses and cars for our good friends.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
We really are like those poor souls who win the jackpot but have no idea how to handle money and end up on skid row after a few years.

Instead of investing smartly we just buy new houses and cars for all our family and friends.

You do have to appreciate how they botch everything. It's pointless to get excited for anything, I predict that Murray will be the victim of the Perron and Bennett **** up.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
You do have to appreciate how they botch everything. It's pointless to get excited for anything, I predict that Murray will be the victim of the Perron and Bennett **** up.

Murray, Jarry, Perron, BB to some team for a top 4 D, a few meh prospects, a 3rd round pick.:laugh:

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006

Gonchar wasn't signed, anyway. Thank heaven for small miracles.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Yeah JR said he'll be up soon, he just need to gain confidence in WBS.

Also this made me happy:

Perron made the jump from playing in the Q in 06-07 to playing 62 games in the NHL in 07-08, and he had similar numbers to Sprong in his draft year (39 goals and 83 points in 70 games for Perron, 39 goals and 88 points in 68 games for Sprong) and wasn't a high pick either (he was a late 1st rounder). I'm not sure that giving him 9 games and then sending him back down to the Q is the best decision, keeping him up may be the smart thing to do.

Perron was drafted as a 20 year old I think.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
4th line playing the wrong position?

Ouch.

2020 Penguins

Kunitz (+walker)-Crosby-Kessel
Dupuis (better with more age!!)-Malkin-Hornqvist
X (Murray trade)-X (2019 2nd OA pick)-Kennedy
Sprong-Sundqvist-Plotnikov (They all fell out of favour in 2017)

Scuderi-Letang
X (Perron trade)-Lovejoy
X (2018 9th OA)-X (Pouliot trade)
X(2018 39th OA)

Fleury
x (Maatta trade)

harmonica

Apr 21, 2007
Ouch.

2020 Penguins

Kunitz (+walker)-Crosby-Kessel
Dupuis (better with more age!!)-Malkin-Hornqvist
X (Murray trade)-X (2019 2nd OA pick)-Kennedy
Sprong-Sundqvist-Plotnikov (They all fell out of favour in 2017)

Scuderi-Letang
X (Perron trade)-Lovejoy
X (2018 9th OA)-X (Pouliot trade)
X(2018 39th OA)

Fleury
x (Maatta trade)

I am pretty sure Jagr would be on the 2020 team as well.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Would Despres be old enough in 2020 for us to get him back? Pls?

Pls??!!!

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
- The fourth line is the island of the Pens misfit and mistreated toys, but the positive is they will finally have a skilled fourth line.
I'm just hoping they come out with chips on their shoulders and try to make the coaches look stupid.

Perron on his own isn't likely to net us and actual upgrade on D, though. Who would we be targeting and what would we have to add? Maybe if he weren't UFA at the end of the season. As it stands, I just don't think he'll attract the sort of interest needed to be the centerpiece in getting a legit 2nd pairing D.

I wonder if they might not wind up swapping him for a similar player that's a lefty instead of a righty. Or a pick. When they should be moving Kunitz instead.
Amazing how they've managed to turn a 1st round+ value into probably a 3rd in less than a year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad