GDT: Penguins | Islanders - We're Back - 7:30 EST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
42 to 19 shots?
david-spade.gif

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Man I wish we could’ve landed a guy like Trotz for a few seasons at some point during this era. I’ve always thought of him as both a top-notch developmental coach and a systems coach.

But I think we really could’ve used the developmental part the most for at least season or two early in the Sid/Geno era. Just things like how well the Isles play along the walls and how well their players (particularly their dmen) can skate laterally has impressed me since Trotz was their coach.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Man I wish we could’ve landed a guy like Trotz for a few seasons at some point during this era. I’ve always thought of him as both a top-notch developmental coach and a systems coach.

But I think we really could’ve used the developmental part the most for at least season or two early in the Sid/Geno era. Just things like how well the Isles play along the walls and how well their players (particularly their dmen) can skate laterally has impressed me since Trotz was their coach.
finally a post that actually raises a great point

Big Poppa Pump

Holla If Ya Hear Me
Feb 22, 2009
Clueless....lol, watch the play and understand the sport. He was positionally where he needed to be the whole time with some excellent effort and hustle.

A puck coming back that fast from the point that should have been a much easier possession play up the boards is not his fault at all. But keep calling people clueless
No doubt Geno got back but he just stood there, between 2 Islanders, 360'd, didn't take a man or tie up a stick.

His effort was piss poor and I'm a Geno guy.

You are clueless if you absolve Geno.

• Haha
Reactions: 3ladesof5teel

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Is this game still going on? Wtf

Odds that Sullivan says “we weren’t hard to play against” in his postgame presser ? Lol

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012

UnevenAdvancedHoopoe-max-1mb.gif

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
No doubt Geno got back but he just stood there, between 2 Islanders, 360'd, didn't take a man or tie up a stick.

His effort was piss poor and I'm a Geno guy.

You are clueless if you absolve Geno.

Not sure what exactly he was suppose to do. He covered the lane. Letang and Petts did bizarre shit.

Why would the Islanders reimburse tickets to Pens fans?

They owe us for spanking us so many times in history.

Big Poppa Pump

Holla If Ya Hear Me
Feb 22, 2009
Not sure what exactly he was suppose to do. He covered the lane. Letang and Petts did bizarre shit.
With you stating that you're not sure what Geno was supposed to do really shows a low hockey IQ.

Geno was a couple feet from 2 Islanders. Take a man, tie somebody up. Tie up somebody's stick. Play some defense.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
With you stating that you're not sure what Geno was supposed to do really shows a low hockey IQ.

Geno was a couple feet from 2 Islanders. Take a man, tie somebody up. Tie up somebody's stick. Play some defense.

Letang is literally covering nothing. Malkin tied up Lee to begin with and then the puck went to Nelson.

The play is nonexistent if Pettersson just takes time and makes a good exit.

Big Poppa Pump

Holla If Ya Hear Me
Feb 22, 2009

Letang is literally covering nothing. Malkin tied up Lee to begin with and then the puck went to Nelson.

The play is nonexistent if Pettersson just takes time and makes a good exit.

Letang was numero uno on the blame totem pole. No doubt. He wasn't covering anyone or playing defense anywhere. He literally watched the whole thing unfold from the bottom of the left dot.

Malkin was numero dos on the blame totem pole. If Geno isn't puck watching, he can tie a man or a stickup.

Pettersson was numero tres on the blame totem pole. Look, failed clears happen. At least after his failed attempt, he stayed with Beauvillier until he saw 2 Isles and 1 Pen in the slot. If anything, blame Pettersson for not hustling to the slot. He would have been late, but.....

You see. I'm a fan of the team, more than I'm a fan of individuals. I call out everyone.

Anyone who absolves Geno are delusional, clueless and have a low hockey IQ.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
Letang was numero uno on the blame totem pole. No doubt. He wasn't covering anyone or playing defense anywhere. He literally watched the whole thing unfold from the bottom of the left dot.

Malkin was numero dos on the blame totem pole. If Geno isn't puck watching, he can tie a man or a stickup.

Pettersson was numero tres on the blame totem pole. Look, failed clears happen. At least after his failed attempt, he stayed with Beauvillier until he saw 2 Isles and 1 Pen in the slot. If anything, blame Pettersson for not hustling to the slot. He would have been late, but.....

You see. I'm a fan of the team, more than I'm a fan of individuals. I call out everyone.

Anyone who absolves Geno are delusional, clueless and have a low hockey IQ.

Goal is avoided by Letang and Petts. Malkin’s being forced to essentially be the only D back as a C. Given Petts and Letang’s game all night gotta go with them on this one. And I’m a Letang homer over Geno.

Big Poppa Pump

Holla If Ya Hear Me
Feb 22, 2009
Goal is avoided by Letang and Petts. Malkin’s being forced to essentially be the only D back as a C. Given Petts and Letang’s game all night gotta go with them on this one. And I’m a Letang homer over Geno.
Yes, but it doesn't matter that Malkin was "forced" into any defensive coverage. Being forced doesn't excuse him for not playing any defense. It happens, it happened and he played it poorly. PERIOD.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Finally got over the World Cup, time to get back to the usual routine :laugh: LGP!
WC is cool and all... but if you like footy, it's just starting...
Have the PL, BL, LL, L1,etc CL, FA, EL, CC, and on and on and on...
Nations are fun... but club comps are just as good.
Never a shortage of football.

Reactions: vodeni
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad