Proposal: Penguins-Flames Minor Trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Penguins trade Jarry and Blueger
Flames trade Jankowski

In this deal, the Penguins get a great fit for their 3C spot and the Flames get a NHL ready goalie and a replacement NHL ready center prospect. Blueger is a defensive center prospect who has really developed really well offensively with WBS, his upside is a bottom-6 center similar in style to Cullen. How far off is this idea?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Janko fits that Flames core perfectly. I cant see them biting on this.

My thought was that with Calgary also having Lindholm, Monahan, Backlund, Ryan and Bennett as guys who can play as top-9 centers, Jankowski is blocked in a numbers game from getting a bigger role. That's why I thought they may be willing to do this, they're basically replacing Jankowski with Blueger as the 4C and getting Jarry in exchange for the downgrade.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
I think the Flames would pass. Blueger's hard to value as he's yet to play an NHL game (though he should have) and do the Flames need a goalie prospect who is in his last year of waiver exemption given they have Gillies in the same situation?

cheechoo

˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗ Tomas Hertl #48 ˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗
Dec 13, 2018
suspended in gaffa
No thank you. Two marginal pieces (no offense) that don't move the needle for us.

We've invested in Jankowski for so long and he's finally blossoming. Constantly driving play from the 3rd line with a rotating cast of wingers and a force on the PK.

He's our new Joel Otto. He'll be an anchor in Calgary for a while

Reactions: bukwas

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
Janko is the ideal 3C. Can score goals,a great penalty killer... can move up the line up in case of injury. Don't see the Flames moving him for a package of lesser players.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
My thought was that with Calgary also having Lindholm, Monahan, Backlund, Ryan and Bennett as guys who can play as top-9 centers, Jankowski is blocked in a numbers game from getting a bigger role. That's why I thought they may be willing to do this, they're basically replacing Jankowski with Blueger as the 4C and getting Jarry in exchange for the downgrade.

I dont think hes blocking anyone I think they're very fortunate to have the forward depth that they do at C. Jankowski is going to be a big part of that team for a long time as he can produce and play defensively. Maybe contact them again when hes up for contacts in the future. Both Bennett and Lindholm have kind of been relegated to wingers and have been working out. Their positional flexibility is a fantastic though.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
I agree with your assessment but moving Lindholm off the first line to play C just doesn’t make sense given the chemistry he has with Johny and monahan. I think Calgary passes they need cost controlled depth guys like Jankowski they’re in a cap crunch much like Pittsburgh

Last edited:

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Yeah, that's a no for Calgary.
No offense, but an over aged player who hasn't played a single game in the NHL and a goalie who isn't much of an upgrade on what we have isn't worth losing a legit piece for our team. Come playoff time, Jankowski will actually be a really important piece, especially against deep teams.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Pens fan here. Completely understand the pass from Calgary here. From the games I have seen, Jankowski is very solid, probably one of the best PKers in the league. Blueger and Jarry are decent pieces but Jankowski is already established supersolid young player. He would probably only be moved in a deal for a big fish, not for a lesser pieces/prospects.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
I'd love to add Jarry but yeah, we need Jankowski for multiple reasons. Young cheap bottom six PK guy that chips in offense is more of a need than goalie prospect unfortunately.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
I'd love to add Jarry but yeah, we need Jankowski for multiple reasons. Young cheap bottom six PK guy that chips in offense is more of a need than goalie prospect unfortunately.

Have a defensive prospect that you'd deal for Jarry?

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Probably not one you'd want in return lol. We have all our young D in the NHL right now, and if we move one Prout is suddenly a regular. We'd rather avoid that haha.

I can't see him being moved now, as I think Rutherford would want him available if one of Murray and DeSmith go down come playoffs. Could be moved at the draft if the re-sign DeSmith.

Reactions: Flames Fanatic

CraigsList

RIP #13
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Flames trade Jankowski

In this deal, the Penguins get a great fit for their 3C spot and the Flames get a NHL ready goalie and a replacement NHL ready center prospect. Blueger is a defensive center prospect who has really developed really well offensively with WBS, his upside is a bottom-6 center similar in style to Cullen. How far off is this idea?

Hella far off. We’re not trading Jankowski with a goaltender as a base.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Kylington for Jarry would be interesting.

Personally I’d rather go after a FWD if we trade a d-man.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Flames trade Jankowski

Why would the Penguins trade for ANOTHER Center? They've already got

Crosby
Malkin
Brassard
Sheahan
Cullen
Grant

They really don't need a 7th rostered center.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Why would the Penguins trade for ANOTHER Center? They've already got

Crosby
Malkin
Brassard
Sheahan
Cullen
Grant

They really don't need a 7th rostered center.

Because Brassard has been a flop as the Penguins 3C, so getting someone who's both strong defensively (for when Kessel isn't on the 3rd line) and also a strong playmaker (for when Kessel is on the 3rd line) who can be the long term 3C would be an amazing situation.

Kylington for Jarry would be interesting.

Personally I’d rather go after a FWD if we trade a d-man.

The only reason I'd hesitate on this is because the Penguins just acquired Pettersson (who has been downright incredible) and Riikola (who has been good overall). I don't know if there is enough spots for this many young NHL ready defensemen. The value is certainly fair, it's just that the Penguins have 9 NHL defensemen right now and 2 young guys/rookies.

Wow a civilized thread????

The players being talked about aren't significant enough for people to get pissy in here :laugh:

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Blueger is good. Just needs games.

That said, not sure why CGY would accept this trade.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
After spending the amount of time they did developing Janks, I doubt they'd move him. He's an extremely smart player with a very good stick and decent offensive skills. He's also a big body center.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad