Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Dumo quite easily.

I think Kapanen makes a case but I had Dumo last round sooooo.

Kapanen has another gear in all facets of the game that he hasn't fully tapped into. It's good to have a winger that flashes DANGER at opponents again.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I think Kapanen makes a case but I had Dumo last round sooooo.

Kapanen has another gear in all facets of the game that he hasn't fully tapped into. It's good to have a winger that flashes DANGER at opponents again.

I disagree. Kapanen floats 50% of his shifts and looks good on odd man chances. I like him, but he’s nowhere close to being worth what a top pairing D like Dumo is.

Reactions: PAJEN NORDGREN

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I disagree. Kapanen floats 50% of his shifts and looks good on odd man chances. I like him, but he’s nowhere close to being worth what a top pairing D like Dumo is.

I agree that Dumo is better.

I'm just surprised that a board that can agree on seemingly nothing is so uniform in the rank ordering of our players.

Then again the fun may start as soon as the next one? I doubt there will be much of a consensus between Kapanen & Rust (+voters of Carter, Zucker and a defenseman sneaking in...)

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I agree that Dumo is better.

I'm just surprised that a board that can agree on seemingly nothing is so uniform in the rank ordering of our players.

Then again the fun may start as soon as the next one? I doubt there will be much of a consensus between Kapanen & Rust (+voters of Carter, Zucker and a defenseman sneaking in...)

I think the reality is there is a lot of nuance lost in the arguments here and most of us are on the same page and the louder posters tend to dictate the conversation.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016

Yeah... but he was insanely productive while doing it. It's not often I don't care about 5v5 effort because of production, but Kapanen was that guy.

I dunno how much he can do it again, or how much other attacking tools he can add, but I'm pretty curious.

That said I'm voting Dumo, and then I'm weighing up just how much worse than last season I expect Jeff Carter to look.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I feel like Carter is due to a return to his unimpressive LA days. I mean I hope I’m wrong, but... I don’t think I’m going to be?

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I feel like Carter is due to a return to his unimpressive LA days. I mean I hope I’m wrong, but... I don’t think I’m going to be?

Maybe? I mean, I wouldn't be surprised. But he clearly still physically had it - forget the beating up Buffalo, he looked really good vs NYI imo - and I remember LA fans saying at the time of the trade that he still had it, just he rarely saw a point of showing it in LA. He clearly felt a lot more motivated here, and I don't see why that bit should go away.

So if the motivation doesn't go, and he doesn't lose the physical aspect over the summer...

I also think we're a hell of a lot better set up to help him than LA too, both in terms of the quality around him and the usage he'll get.

I dislike predicting anything given how much of a gongshow hockey is, but I see a lot of reasons to think he won't slide back. And if he doesn't, if he comes back like he was playing against NYI, then he's our 4th best forward (at least) as long as we don't run the legs off him.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
130756_6f0b_NOVAK-E265-71398-82479-63-A001.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad