Proposal: Pavelski to Pittsburgh

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
To Pens: Pavelski at 50%

To Stars: Pierre Olivier-Joseph and a 2022 2nd round pick

Pens get a versatile scoring line forward for a playoff run, Stars get a good skating former 1st rounder who's on the cusp of making the league and a solid draft pick.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
POJ only has value to the Penguins. Kid hasn’t really proven anything and is getting to the boom or bust stage in his career.

Joseph just turned 22 in July and he already saw a big jump in pro production last year. Dumoulin didn't become a regular until he was 24.

POJ has a fair bit to recommend him. If a team wanted a near NHL-ready defenseman, POJ and a 2nd could very well be worth more than a 1st.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Joseph just turned 22 in July and he already saw a big jump in pro production last year. Dumoulin didn't become a regular until he was 24.

POJ has a fair bit to recommend him. If a team wanted a near NHL-ready defenseman, POJ and a 2nd could very well be worth more than a 1st.

Dallas has multiple LDs locked up long term. He makes no sense for the Stars.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
No from the Penguins. Not doing another old Shark.

He's not putting us over the top.

Hextall says no.

Reactions: Night Shift

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Dallas has multiple LDs locked up long term. He makes no sense for the Stars.

If Stars fans aren't interested in POJ based on needs, I'm sure we could explore other options.

Broz is a recent 2nd rounder. Would they be as interested in him? Maybe.

Value-wise, it's probably about as close as you can get.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
No from the Penguins. Not doing another old Shark.

He's not putting us over the top.

Hextall says no.

As if Marleau and Pavelski are even close in terms of where their production was at when Marleau was acquired by Pittsburgh.

Hextall may say no, but I'm not arguing that. I'm saying a move like this would improve the team.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
As if Marleau and Pavelski are even close in terms of where their production was at when Marleau was acquired by Pittsburgh.

Hextall may say no, but I'm not arguing that. I'm saying a move like this would improve the team.

Yeah, so would bringing in McDavid but the trade has to make sense for two GMs. This one doesn't goes against the current philosophy. No more aging players for high returns of young talent.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Yeah, so would bringing in McDavid but the trade has to make sense for two GMs. This one doesn't goes against the current philosophy. No more aging players for high returns of young talent.

Dallas fans seem to be cool with it.

Our mandate should be to do everything we can to squeeze the most juice from the Crosby/Malkin era. If Hextall doesn't think something like this would do that, he's probably not the GM this team needs right now.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Dallas fans seem to be cool with it.

Our mandate should be to do everything we can to squeeze the most juice from the Crosby/Malkin era. If Hextall doesn't think something like this would do that, he's probably not the GM this team needs right now.

I think that was the case with JR. I doubt that now. POJ and the 2nd are young assets the team needs right now and in the future. I don't see it happening.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I think that was the case with JR. I doubt that now. POJ and the 2nd are young assets the team needs right now and in the future. I don't see it happening.

I could see Hextall hanging onto them.

But if we want to give Crosby and Malkin the best chance to win now, I think it'd be one good way to go.

I would take that sort of chance to see the team win now.

OCPenguin

Jan 22, 2013
To Pens: Pavelski at 50%

To Stars: Pierre Olivier-Joseph and a 2022 2nd round pick

Pens get a versatile scoring line forward for a playoff run, Stars get a good skating former 1st rounder who's on the cusp of making the league and a solid draft pick.

Why? Get an old player and we are already the oldest team in the league. We are giving up two assets for a needless asset.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad