Player Discussion Patrik Laine

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

A Loyal Demidog

Marc Bergevin's Bitch
Oct 20, 2016
Something tells me minimum season ending, possibly career ending injury. I don’t recall it ever taking this long to disclose an injury report with a Habs player.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Nothing to do with being “sports fans.” Society in general has become more tribal, just look at American politics today as an example.

Sports fans are definitely dumb as a whole....that has been a long standing fact. It's tribal nature is naturally enticing to less intelligent people. You are correct about society though, the advent of social media has allowed charlatans to hijack the hundreds of millions of simple minds who now believe that they have a legitimate opinion. Most of my sports friends are now barely even my friends as they used to always defer to me about almost anything and now they read internet garbage and will actually argue with me lol.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Something tells me minimum season ending, possibly career ending injury. I don’t recall it ever taking this long to disclose an injury report with a Habs player.

I believe today is an off-day. I've been under the impression since last night that we wouldn't hear anything until Monday morning/afternoon the earliest.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Even if by a miracle Laine's injury is not serious and is coming back two weeks from now, the season is ruined for me.
i7OY8TH.png

Kiss Under the Guy

Mar 21, 2022
Leaf fans are by far the most sickening fan base in the league. I’m already gloating over there inevitable playoff disappointment again it’s an annual spring treat.
I don't know enough of their fans in real life, but I sometimes go to other teams boards to see a different point of view for some events, and the general feel in a lot of the Leafs threads in the last few years is troubling.

We think it is a rollercoaster here, but there, it is so full of hate towards their own players (we have that as well, but no one is spared over there). And when they win, so often there is disrespect towards the other team.

The comments section on RDS a few years ago was the same, it felt like intelligent people had abandoned the comments section and angry people spent their days there, encouraging each other in their disrespect towards everything. I try not to judge the whole fan base with what I see there, although I think the mods do a better job in Habs land

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
Even if by a miracle Laine's injury is not serious and is coming back two weeks from now, the season is ruined for me.
i7OY8TH.png

There's only so much Roy, Evans, Newhook, Anderson, Gallagher, Armia I can stomach this year. Actually I had enough of them last year so I'm not even excited about this season without Laine or just any sort of a sniper on the 2nd line. Going to be a gross year, more injuries, smurf's getting pummelled and MSL preaching patience and Yoga poses.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
i7OY8TH.png
Where's your Tiger Woods pic this time big dog..
You slippin Skip

But yeah.. we're all in mourning today, we know what its gonna be sadly..
We just can't let it get us too down, we weren't winning the cup this year, there is still growth that can be had by lots of guys still
See you next year Patrik. Sigh

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
It took this long if not longer with Dach, its normal for knee injuries. Everything is currently possible, including it not being season ending. Time for folks to get a grip.

expy

Nov 2, 2010
PL will gone for year , I hate a terrible feeling
Yep.

Even if he was only slated for ~6 months, what's it worth bringing him in when the team will likely be bottom 5-7 in the league at that point? May as well keep him out the season.

What sucks is that he'd have missed almost 2 entire seasons at that point with 1 year left on his contract..

Reactions: sampollock

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
It's been like 18 hours and it's Sunday.

This isn't anything out of the ordinary.
I just came back home and watched the injury on YouTube...

The guy is done for the season, the knee ligaments obviously tore. :(

Sucks so much for him after what he's been through.

Wish him the best, will have to fight through this one as well and come back next year like Dach.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
The main board is actually making me sick to my stomach. Like how can they say that wasn't textbook kneeing? Wtf is going on.

The guy is flatfooted, gets beat to his left and shifts his weight to his left and moves leg forward.

I get they hate the Habs but it's disgraceful.
Yep. Whether he did it maliciously or not doesn’t matter THAT much. It was still stupid and reckless.

expy

Nov 2, 2010
It's been like 18 hours and it's Sunday.

This isn't anything out of the ordinary.
Yep.

But we can easily guestimate based on how the knee moved and also, since his knee was braced and using crutches... Most certainly either an MCL/ACL tear.. grade 2 or 3 or complete. 4-6+ weeks to recover grade 2, grade 3 6-8 weeks+, if surgery is required, will be longer. Then rehab and strenthening 1-2 months... Likely season ending if it's a grade 2-3 tear imo.

The main board is actually making me sick to my stomach. Like how can they say that wasn't textbook kneeing? Wtf is going on.

The guy is flatfooted, gets beat to his left and shifts his weight to his left and moves leg forward.

I get they hate the Habs but it's disgraceful.
According to Francois Gagnon, Pare said to him "I had to do something, I can't just let him pass".
So it was obviously on purpose, malicious or not.

Reactions: ChikN

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Yep.

But we can easily guestimate based on how the knee moved and also, since his knee was braced and using crutches... Most certainly either an MCL/ACL tear.. grade 2 or 3 or complete. 4-6+ weeks to recover grade 2, grade 3 6-8 weeks+, if surgery is required, will be longer. Then rehab and strenthening 1-2 months... Likely season ending if it's a grade 2-3 tear imo.

According to Francois Gagnon, Pare said to him "I had to do something, I can't just let him pass".
So it was obviously on purpose, malicious or not.
Oh, for sure. I doubt he plays this season, but not because we haven't heard anything yet today

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
Even if we do win the cup, the season is ruined for me.

It was all about the vibes and the vibes have left.
i7OY8TH.png

I'll hit you later bubs, imma go intoxicate myself until I pass out.

tiger-woods-big-dog.jpg

Sort of agree. A split second after it happened, all the good vibes immediately left my home. Dark clouds gathered. Someone howled, possibly a neighbour. The moon split in two and blood gushed onto the street opening the earth and devouring every ounce of hope and joy the summer had promised. A small giggling impish figure in a leafs jersey jumped into the crevice, sealed the earth, and restored the moon. He's down there folks. He has our vibes. And we know who to send.

habbubba

Jan 19, 2024
It's really a shame about the injury and hope for the best it's not as bad as it looks. He looked like he was in a good head space now and was embracing playing for Montreal and having fun.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad