Player Discussion Patrik Laine

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

KFlint

Sep 27, 2010
Seriously I hope Dach learns something from all of this, he seems to put himself in weird vulnerable spots too all the time since the beginning of the camp. Suzuki never does (and it might be an hockey IQ thing, don’t know…) Laine was hit with the intent to hurt him clearly but his legs are wide open entering the zone, it’s a risky way of playing… especially against scrubs.

And then there is Demidov that does the weird open legs too, hopefully not while trying to gain the offensive zone with speed, what a bad idea…

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I think MSL will give Anderson about 20 games. That makes sense. But beyond that, if he's the same as last year he's got to be demoted.
I defended Andy every year from this board but so far his preseason play shows he learned nothing from his dry spell last year. Doesn't look engaged or playing the game he needs to to be successful. He's playing like he's David Desharnais sized. We'll see if it is just because it's preseason but I'm pretty ready to catapult guys like him, gally and savard who are supposed to be room guys but showed zero response to Laine.

Reactions: Habs13

RabbleMasterBlaster

J't'un gars d'chez nous
Jun 29, 2020
Singapore
I should have made my question clearer: was thinking about players that didn't play a full year and had career ending injuries. Neither Price nor Weber qualify. Lang played what? 30 games?

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
I used to go up to the Home opener every year. Stopped 5 years ago. When we traded for Laine, I had something to be excited about again. Paid for overpriced tickets and booked a trip. Of course this f***ing happens. Just like Dach last season, my excitement for the entire season taken before it even gets going. Team is f***ing cursed

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
I defended Andy every year from this board but so far his preseason play shows he learned nothing from his dry spell last year. Doesn't look engaged or playing the game he needs to to be successful. He's playing like he's David Desharnais sized. We'll see if it is just because it's preseason but I'm pretty ready to catapult guys like him, gally and savard who are supposed to be room guys but showed zero response to Laine.

Suzuki and Cole were absolute dog shit last night as well, so how about we call out everyone? Anderson has been awful, at least he dropped the gloves. What did Cole and Nick do all night? Avoid traffic? We looked like last year all over again. Lost in the O zone, lost on the PP, small and sloppy. Our 3rd and 4th lines are AHL at best, we have nothing to offer on the bottom 2 lines. Even with a healthy Laine our team was going to be dogshit, because we can't score unless the same 4 people are on the ice at any given time. How can you play 82 games with 2 f***ing lines year after year after year?

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
This board is a venting outlet.
i love these posts complaining about posts complaining. the lack of self-awareneas cracks me up

I will say, hockey fans as a whole are f***ing hypocrites. The amount of Leafs fans calling us whiners, considering that a clean hockey play etc...

Could you f***ing imagine the reaction had that been Lucas Condotta and Auston Matthews?
yeah agree. but being a sports fan is usually more emotional than rational. and that's ok!!

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
I will say, hockey fans as a whole are f***ing hypocrites. The amount of Leafs fans calling us whiners, considering that a clean hockey play etc...

Could you f***ing imagine the reaction had that been Lucas Condotta and Auston Matthews?

If this is a true hockey coaching staff, They should open with Tuch Xhekaj Condotta on line 4, Xhekaj on D, with instruction to play very tough on Matthews Nylander all night. They won t do it because they want to look like the bigger men.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
I'm pretty sure that Laine will be the first client of his new program created by him and his wife to mental help.

Gandalf The Habs Fan

Oct 29, 2012
Québec
Well...thats sad. A lot of us were excited for the upcoming season and Laine was a major reason why. I was eager to see how we could compete with this top 6.

This being said, next year is the real time we have to be competitive. Hopefully, we will have a Fully recovered Laine and Demidov.

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
Why did you go, then?
Why did I go? To see if people did exactly what I thought they would do. Doesn't mean I did the same, what even is your point?

Edit: I think I understood what you meant. By "people shouldn't go", I meant people shouldn't go write some terrible stuff about him on his instagram. It was implied.

Last edited:

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
I'm still optimistic it's not a season ender, just feel like it's 50/50 sometimes with similar injuries it's not as bad as it looks

His leg was bent so hopefully it had more give than it seemed like from the behind angle

I'm probably in denial

It's Reinbacher who I expect to be done for the year, looked like something popped

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
Seriously I hope Dach learns something from all of this, he seems to put himself in weird vulnerable spots too all the time since the beginning of the camp. Suzuki never does (and it might be an hockey IQ thing, don’t know…) Laine was hit with the intent to hurt him clearly but his legs are wide open entering the zone, it’s a risky way of playing… especially against scrubs.

And then there is Demidov that does the weird open legs too, hopefully not while trying to gain the offensive zone with speed, what a bad idea…

There’s a similar play later with Hutson where he reduces his stance significantly and avoids contact with the knee, guys like him have had to learn to play that way at a young age so comes more natural. Hope Laine is lucky and ain’t out too long / learns from it

Reactions: KFlint

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Pretty sure it was accidental. It sucks, a lot. But I'm gonna fault the NHL for having meaningless games where stuff like this can happen due to the greater number of scrubs playing.

And it's gonna get worse with the next expansion.

Edit: just saw the previous post about his knee history. This is definitely bordering on career ending injury. Can only reconstruct your knee so many times...
When was last time a hab suffered a career ending injury? Was it Lang?

Lang did come back to play the following season on a different team before retiring. He was also around 40 years of age so he was getting to the end of the line regardless.

The answer to your question is Carey price and Shea Weber.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad