Player Discussion Patrik Laine

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Not happy about this. Like others, my excitement for the season is drastically reduced. We certainly do seem to be cursed.

Couple things:

• This may have opened a spot for Kapanen on the roster
  • Josh Roy is going to get more offensive opportunities, for sure.
  • We will see if our natural progression is what we all thought and hoped for prior to Laine acquisition.
  • Whatever happens was meant to happen. Either the team sinks or swims. A high draft pick in a pretty good draft isn’t a bad thing, and if we don’t get a high draft pick it means our prospects and young players showed significant development.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Not happy about this. Like others, my excitement for the season is drastically reduced. We certainly do seem to be cursed.

Couple things:

• This may have opened a spot for Kapanen on the roster
  • Josh Roy is going to get more offensive opportunities, for sure.
  • We will see if our natural progression is what we all thought and hoped for prior to Laine acquisition.
  • Whatever happens was meant to happen. Either the team sinks or swims. A high draft pick in a pretty good draft isn’t a bad thing, and if we don’t get a high draft pick it means our prospects and young players showed significant development.
Josh Roy? This is St. Louis we are talking about. He’s going to give Anderson every single opportunity.

gearmex

Dec 28, 2016
Finland
I saw a article but forgot to take the link, some doctor give his opinion, either its 6 weeks or 6 months if need surgery. Lets hope 6 weeks is what he needs. Fingers crossed.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Josh Roy? This is St. Louis we are talking about. He’s going to give Anderson every single opportunity.
Maybe to start.

If he’s willing to actually get his nose dirty on a line with Newhook and Dach he may actually be beneficial to the line. Consider it a final opportunity to right his ship.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Denis Gauthier at antichambre said the other day "vets have to be treated well. A team can't waive vets to make room for a young player. Other vets in the future might remember how the organisation treated their vets." This is basicly what he said.

I know it sucks, I know most of us would like to act fast and only hockey results oriented but there is always the respect the vets mentality, it applies also in society. On another hand, a vet is an experienced player, any vets knows how it works in nhl and they bring a minimum result on the table.

I wouldn'y worry that much for Roy and Kapanen, injuries will happen and they will have ice time to improve.

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
I returned my chair to the store and asked for a refund of my bus tickets. I no longer think there wil be a cup parade next summer in Montreal 😜

CapSpace

Caufield is lit
Nov 25, 2013
Near Montreal
I'm still mad as f*** this morning. Paré's smiling after the game says a lot about what kind of scum he is. I do love that Xhekaj jumped him, about time we have an angry guy like that.

Still, when piece of shits blatantly injure a player like Paré did, there should be penalties and consequences for the entire organization. This bullshit is unacceptable.

And stop playing regulars in pre-season games like the NFL. It has to stop.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Denis Gauthier at antichambre said the other day "vets have to be treated well. A team can't waive vets to make room for a young player. Other vets in the future might remember how the organisation treated their vets." This is basicly what he said.

I know it sucks, I know most of us would like to act fast and only hockey results oriented but there is always the respect the vets mentality, it applies also in society. On another hand, a vet is an experienced player, any vets knows how it works in nhl and they bring a minimum result on the table.

I wouldn'y worry that much for Roy and Kapanen, injuries will happen and they will have ice time to improve.
I think MSL will give Anderson about 20 games. That makes sense. But beyond that, if he's the same as last year he's got to be demoted.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Laine has been injury prone for a while now and his other problems
Yeah, he's injury prone and I wasn't surprised about him getting hurt.

But not like this. That could've happened to any of our guys. Reckless play by a nobody. That's not the kind of thing that's predictable or something you can fault Laine on.

For Pete's sake though, this HAS to be it. These kinds of injuries are insane. There's just no way this shit should happen every single freaking year.

Reactions: Habano

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad