Player Discussion Patrik Laine

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jani

Oct 15, 2023
His injury was in 2014, some pain in 2016. He hasn't had any issues since in the NHL, regarding r. 2022 he just didn't finish the overtime, he played in the next game and the issues never manifested.

My point was not to overblow the effects of a surgery done 10 years ago and the effects of minor issues with the knee afterwards. My point was to bring up, that the same knee has been operated multiple times before the latest incident (as stated by Laine himself) and that the knee has given him cause for concern after these operations. It certainly doesn't make the current situation and his recovery more positive, quite the opposite.

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada
I was so excited about this season I even bought a ten game pack to take my son to his first hockey games (took him to the prospects game already for his first).

You expect injuries but you don't expect something that looks as bad as this. I am expecting the worst, out for the season, and Reinbacher on top of it. Sigh.

Reactions: Levard and Beaker

Beaker

In My Lab Goggles
Jun 4, 2007
In The Lab.
I was so excited about this season I even bought a ten game pack to take my son to his first hockey games (took him to the prospects game already for his first).

You expect injuries but you don't expect something that looks as bad as this. I am expecting the worst, out for the season, and Reinbacher on top of it. Sigh.

It was hard to focus on the rest of last night’s game after seeing the injury. I felt a little deflated. I too was excited to see the team
this year.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Injury prone players statistics show odds high will continue to be injured. Part of it is how they play and body makeup

Why Montreal got Laine so cheap. Colombus just wanted the near 9 million caphit. Plus they don't have to pay him.

I don't know why Gorton wants to build on injury riddled players. Mystery to me? He's walking out on limb. Wonder if some of the Neanderthals on here still want to sign Laine to big long term contract?
Nostradamus here knew he would get kneed by a scrub in preseason!!

Reactions: ReHabs and Jaynki

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
What the hell did we do the hockey god lol.... We can't escape injury for x reason. Last year injury on Dach killed the whole season. Is highly possible ,we lost Laine for the whole season....Add Reinbacher injury...

It's gonna be alright, it allows Roy and maybe even Heineman to acquire more value or make someone else expendable.

aB2wNZN_460s.jpg

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
Hard to give a f*** about this season now when it's basically the exact same team + Hutson.

Hopefully it's nothing major but it doesn't look good.
FWIW the team many have added only Hutson, but you have Dach back after a year and an upward trending Slaf. This team will feel different than last year.

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
It's overbending in the collision, and there is probably ligament damage the way the leg flop after, but after relooking at the still again, I've seen Yoga practitioners bend their knee that direction even more.
It's all mental. You can train your mind to minimize the pain. That hit caused a lateral pressure on that knee causing the overbending, something snapped.

Maybe we can whip up a BargainBinSpecial
I think Kent is running out of those. Zegras trade rumours incoming.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
As much as I'm pissed off by what happened, people are losing it on Cedric Pare. His instagram profile is now absolutely filled with hate.

There's a line between being pissed and saying some of that stuff. Just be pissed by yourself or with your friends. People shouldn't go on his damn instagram page...
Why would anyone make their Instagram public? I must be old but how interesting do people think they are lol… Share fishing and wedding pics with your friends, no? Look at meeeeeeeee! I’m special!

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
As much as I'm pissed off by what happened, people are losing it on Cedric Pare. His instagram profile is now absolutely filled with hate.

There's a line between being pissed and saying some of that stuff. Just be pissed by yourself or with your friends. People shouldn't go on his damn instagram page...

Welcome to the internet, kind sir.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
How long have you been on the internet bro? There's a reason why social media is destroying lives. Pretty obvious people don't think normal human behaviour applies online. That's why tougher regulations need to happen. Sometimes you trade freedom for better safeties. You want your freedom? Well it comes at a price too.
Not making one’s private life a public affair seems obvious to me. Keep your IG to friends only, it’s an option in the settings.

Reactions: Levard

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
What I don’t understand/like is how some turn this into well we knew he was injury prone argument

When people do dirty things/plays out of line it doesn’t make the receiving players injury prone

This was simply a ….ng stupid play and might have ended Laines NHL career with it

V13

Score First , Grind Hard , No Mercy
Sep 21, 2005
Worst case scenario i'm expecting a ACL MCL tear.

Best case scenario the knee tweaked but limited damage was done

Let's just hope for the best

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
What I don’t understand/like is how some turn this into well we knew he was injury prone argument

When people do dirty things/plays out of line it doesn’t make the receiving players injury prone

This was simply a ….ng stupid play and might have ended Laines NHL career with it

+1

Some of the sentiment is almost like "well it was inevitable and bound to happen"

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
View attachment 910761
Who makes a hit and just before hitting leans on the knee...this was intentional as it could get. And did you see that guys grin on the interview?

This is what jabronis do when they know they're missing their check after getting deked out. The reflex is to reach for the hit and this is what happens.

Don't think it was intentional, but just incompetence. They teach you not to do this because it puts yourself and the other player in danger.

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada
This is what jabronis do when they know they're missing their check after getting deked out. The reflex is to reach for the hit and this is what happens.

Don't think it was intentional, but just incompetence. They teach you not to do this because it puts yourself and the other player in danger.
His gigantic grin in the post game interview said otherwise. He knew what he was doing and the guy is an ECHL plug, can’t even make the marlies. On top of everything he doesn’t answer for it and turtles, come on you are 6’4 220 lbs, stand up.

He deserves all the hate because of the grin after, sorry. Now his family and death treats and all that, that’s way too far.

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
Being injury prone is not a myth. This has to do with the way you play, the way you skate and how you protect yourself. This is not just bad luck.

For these reasons I fully expect Dach to get injured as well (mid to long term).

Reactions: HomaridII

TomKosto

Oct 17, 2017
Montréal
It was hard to focus on the rest of last night’s game after seeing the injury. I felt a little deflated. I too was excited to see the team
this year.
Last year Dach injured in match number 2, now this....Looking for the draft again I guess! Karma for 24 cups?

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Being injury prone is not a myth. This has to do with the way you play, the way you skate and how you protect yourself. This is not just bad luck.

For these reasons I fully expect Dach to get injured as well (mid to long term).
As a kid growing up, I was the sibling that played all the sports and was always outside doing something. Never had a broken bone or more then a scratch during that time. My sister was the complete opposite. She couldn’t go on a swing set without ending up in a minor emergency. You’re right it’s not just bad luck. Most of the times preventable injuries are caused by bad habits.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad