Player Discussion Patrik Laine

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia

It does not indeed look very promising for his season, and potentially his whole career. I think both Laine and Pare are to blame here. Laine needs to stop gliding with his legs so widely spread and Pare extends his knee slightly just before the impact.
His injury was in 2014, some pain in 2016. He hasn't had any issues since in the NHL, regarding r. 2022 he just didn't finish the overtime, he played in the next game and the issues never manifested.

Reactions: DAChampion

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Injury prone players statistics show odds high will continue to be injured. Part of it is how they play and body makeup

Why Montreal got Laine so cheap. Colombus just wanted the near 9 million caphit. Plus they don't have to pay him.

I don't know why Gorton wants to build on injury riddled players. Mystery to me? He's walking out on limb. Wonder if some of the Neanderthals on here still want to sign Laine to big long term contract?

Reactions: zx81

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016

It does not indeed look very promising for his season, and potentially his whole career. I think both Laine and Pare are to blame here. Laine needs to stop gliding with his legs so widely spread and Pare extends his knee slightly just before the impact.

Welp.

That's that.

On the bright side, think of all the cap space we'll gain now.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
Injury prone players statistics show odds high will continue to be injured. Part of it is how they play and body makeup

Why Montreal got Laine so cheap. Colombus just wanted the near 9 million caphit. Plus they don't have to pay him.

I don't know why Gorton wants to build on injury riddled players. Mystery to me? He's walking out on limb. Wonder if some of the Neanderthals on here still want to sign Laine to big long term contract?
You wake up bitter and angry?
Muhaha Emoticon

Reactions: rve24 and HabsQC

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
Pretty sure it was accidental. It sucks, a lot. But I'm gonna fault the NHL for having meaningless games where stuff like this can happen due to the greater number of scrubs playing.

And it's gonna get worse with the next expansion.

Edit: just saw the previous post about his knee history. This is definitely bordering on career ending injury. Can only reconstruct your knee so many times...
When was last time a hab suffered a career ending injury? Was it Lang?
Price and Weber.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Newhook is a third liner for me , if he's a top 6 regular in ur team , you are not a top 20 team in the league unless he's paired with McDavid and Draisailt
Newhook projects to be a 3rd liner with us.

Caufield, Suzuki, slaf, Dach, Demidov, and Laine are our current top 6 in organizational depth. If Laine doesn't pan out long term, the 6th spot likely goes to a UFA like Marchessault or Hage.

We're building up good candidates for that 3rd line: Newhook, Hage, Roy, Kapanen and Beck for starters.

Is it too late to return him ? We still have the receipt
That Columbus 2nd is looking like it will be close to a late 1st. I'm happy with the deal just for the pick. Hopefully Laine come back this year or next and adds to the yield.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I'll be surprised if this isn't long term requiring surgery.
Regardless of how it happened this was always going to be one of the risks of getting Laine the trend was not ideal.

I'm hoping they take the same approach with him as they did Dach last season.
Get him involved in the coaches meetings at home as much as possible.
An injury like that is probably one of the worst triggers for a recurring mental health issue.

Reactions: MTL Dirty Birdy

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia

If you take a closer look at Laine's injuries in Columbus, none of them were chronic and did not recur. Last season he had a concussion and a broken collarbone, then a PAP. The season before last, he hurt his elbow after hitting Pesce (look video), would injure everyone (came back early), dislocated his ankle (came back early), COVID-19, and pulled a muscle at the end of the season. In addition, it's likely that if we were fighting for PO in 2021/22 and 2022/23, he would have finished out the seasons.

Ajhccwrs

Jun 17, 2017
Pare deserves all the hate he gets, that's a real Matt Cooke type of play he made there. Along with the smirk he had at the end of the game. The old f*** around and find out. Or play stupid games win stupid prizes comes to mind.

Reactions: Levard

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
Pare deserves all the hate he gets, that's a real Matt Cooke type of play he made there. Along with the smirk he had at the end of the game. The old f*** around and find out. Or play stupid games win stupid prizes comes to mind.
Yup, I feel as if he was told to target the Habs best forward on the ice by the Leafs coaches. He took him out, end of story. Now, in the AHL he goes to goon it up there and justify his AHL salary. Congrats Cédric, you're hated by all of Québec now and just got the nasty reputation of being a dirty player. Playing for a hated rival too...

Reactions: cphabs

Moose Head

Mar 12, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Pretty sure it was accidental. It sucks, a lot. But I'm gonna fault the NHL for having meaningless games where stuff like this can happen due to the greater number of scrubs playing.

And it's gonna get worse with the next expansion.

Edit: just saw the previous post about his knee history. This is definitely bordering on career ending injury. Can only reconstruct your knee so many times...
When was last time a hab suffered a career ending injury? Was it Lang?

Price

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca

It's 4D chess versus the fans. They make sure to get our hopes up with flashy new but ultimately faulty additions, but in the end injuries lead us to higher draft picks and a stronger rebuild.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Well, there goes the season folks. The knee wasn't designed to bend that way.
It's overbending in the collision, and there is probably ligament damage the way the leg flop after, but after relooking at the still again, I've seen Yoga practitioners bend their knee that direction even more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad